Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

I thought this thread was about Reed not the team.

You put the Dallas and Buffalo losses squarely on Reed's shoulder, and I was pointing out that they do not belong there. Does he deserve some of the blame? Maybe...but he definitely did not lose those games for us on his own. That is the point I am trying to get across.

Let me ask you then....what is your opinion of Jason Fabini? NFL starting talent?

Fabini is awful...but what does he have to do with Doughty? Now I am confused. :whoknows:

You put the Dallas and Buffalo losses squarely on Reed's shoulder, and I was pointing out that they do not belong there. Does he deserve some of the blame? Maybe...but he definitely did not lose those games for us on his own. That is the point I am trying to get across.

Fabini is awful...but what does he have to do with Doughty? Now I am confused. :whoknows:

Obviously its a team sport and maybe I am wrong to say the WHOLE game rests on 1 or 2 plays. It is more than that. I just think Reed has looked Lost and Late in pass coverage. I dont think he is the Hero that everyone in this thread is making him out to be. I am worried that Boss's TD last week is just a precursor of things to come. Just like Arch wasnt picked on early in the season but then teams started game planning for him.

The reason I brought up Fabini was because you were saying its a Team game and you cant judge an entire win or loss on one person. I was making the point that whether or not we win or not has no impact on how a single person is playing. Is Reed as bad as Fabs...NO. Not in a long shot.

But you looked at Fabini objectively immediately. Despite the fact that we have scored some in the last two weeks we can still see that Fabs aint up to snuff.

Just asking to bring that same level of objective critique to Reeds play and see that when the opposing team needs a passing play in the last month, its been on Reed's head.

Obviously its a team sport and maybe I am wrong to say the WHOLE game rests on 1 or 2 plays. It is more than that. I just think Reed has looked Lost and Late in pass coverage. I dont think he is the Hero that everyone in this thread is making him out to be. I am worried that Boss's TD last week is just a precursor of things to come. Just like Arch wasnt picked on early in the season but then teams started game planning for him.

Just asking to bring that same level of objective critique to Reeds play and see that when the opposing team needs a passing play in the last month, its been on Reed's head.

:notworthy he face gaurds WRs/TEs more than he covers (possible PI) he doesnt turn around to play the ball (is he a safety???) in run support he comes LATE he never brings the wood and hes usually the last person on a gang tackle. NO presence what so ever at the SS position

The reason I brought up Fabini was because you were saying its a Team game and you cant judge an entire win or loss on one person. I was making the point that whether or not we win or not has no impact on how a single person is playing. Is Reed as bad as Fabs...NO. Not in a long shot.

But you looked at Fabini objectively immediately. Despite the fact that we have scored some in the last two weeks we can still see that Fabs aint up to snuff.

haha your calling read lost in coverage,but he wasn't even the guy covering the bills WR :laugh: . it was one of those scrub CB's eubanks or torrence that got torched by josh reed.

and ditto on boss's TD

Kharry Campbell should have been covering boss. instead campbell got sucked up on the play action, leaving reed hung out to dry in hisdeep zone. the coverage was blown by campbell and all we could have hoped for was a big hit or a tackle by doughty,but with how badly the coverage was blown boss was in the endzone by the time reed was there.

don't trash a player unless you know what your talking about.

Guest Spearfeather
Maybe my confusion stems from the fact that 3 weeks after costing us the buffalo game and 4 weeks after costing us the Cowboy game, Reed is being championed as the next ST.

Go figure. I just dont see a difference in him getting burned and Arch getting burned. Hopefully this week will prove me wrong.

What cost us the Buffalo game was running off tackle on 3rd and 6 before we punted to them and they kicked the field goal. (and the double time out ). Should have passed. First down equals victory.

After drinking ted kennedy and keith Richards under the table, reed daughty competed in and won the world famous ididarod. However, he was subsequently disqualified for only wearing a speedo during the race.

…thank the ididarod judges for giving us reed!!!...for if they would’ve allowed his victory to stand, he probably would’ve never decided to try football.

He would never fit in a paper bag silly, he's far too tall. Plus I couldn't either, that bag would be all cold and wet and clinging to my skin, yuck.

yeah, i'd agree. He's too tall for the paper bag, maybe if we were looking at Mini-Reeds than yeah, he might be able to fit in the paper bag.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Reed Doughty has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Reed Doughty.

Reed Doughty doesn't read the play books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

WHO ALLOWED the 40 yd gain to a rookie QB on the final drive of the Buffalo game? Oh right I am kidding.

doughty wasn't even tasked with covering the guy,John Eubanks gave up that reception in 1-1 covrage :laugh:

Who allowed 2 td's to TO? O right I am kidding

*London Fletcher actually allowed one over the middle in the tampa 2

*spings gave up one 1-1 on the fade

*springs caused a huge gaffe by not dropping into his zone and playing shallow,PP midded the tackle.REED WASNT ON THE FIELD

*springs allowed the 4th that was completed deep in the endzone looks like he had the deep zone with doughty in the middle zone.

Who allowed BOSS's TD against the Giants last week?...o right I am kidding.

kharry campbell was tasked with covering boss,and he bit on the playaction,leaving a wide open target between doughty who shaded in a zone over burress.if campbell covered his guy the TD might not have happened let alone the completion.

Should I go on kidding?

Or should you face the question of Reed's effectiveness as objective or passioned?

Cause right now you are caught up in the passion brother.

I have seen nothing from him (except age) to differentiate him from Arch. I hope he gets better with age.

seriously

:laugh:

should I go on?

Archived