Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

seriously

:laugh:

should I go on?

Wow, you are a genius and so witty. I guess G Williams is known for playing man with his D backs? Plus he employs a cover 3 scheme now as a staple?

Go play football, understand a safeties job in the system and then ask yourself who is supposed to have the over the top coverage.

Jon Eubanks, 1 on 1 in prevent Defense? Really? He didnt catch the ball RIGHT IN FRONT OF REED. REALLY? Ever heard of Bracketing? Thats what you do in prevent.

Khari Campbell, 1 on 1 on a TE ?, is he supposed to run with him for 20 yards down field with no help? By the way plax was open 1 on 1 on that play too. You might not think its fair but its Reeds job to cover over the top on both those guys and he covered neither, once again called bracketing.

TO, well I guess Middle Zone is now a defensive scheme that washes your hands of any over the top resposibility. I also guess Gregg Williams busted out the cover 3 for the second time this season (the first being the London Fletcher TO touchdown- That is MIDDLE zone...there is no deep MIDDLE zone in Tampa Cover 2). Those Sean Springs 1 on 1's were designed not to have safety help? Really? That must be a new wrinkle in GW's schemes that I have NEVER SEEN this SEASON.

I played SS for 4 years in college and 3 in high school. I understand what a Safeties job is supposed to be in a cover 2 (what GW employs on passing downs). All those 1 on 1's you are talking about arent suppose to be that way genius. How about you get out of your teen years and then tell me about the fundamentals of football.

Wow, you are a genius and so witty. I guess G Williams is known for playing man with his D backs? Plus he employs a cover 3 scheme now as a staple?

Go play football, understand a safeties job in the system and then ask yourself who is supposed to have the over the top coverage.

Jon Eubanks, 1 on 1 in prevent Defense? Really? He didnt catch the ball RIGHT IN FRONT OF REED. REALLY?

and I played organized football for 4 year to

the only think reed was guilty of in buffalo game was missing the tackle

eubanks played off like 15 yards and got beat in man-man in front of doughty. maybe another safety lays a big hit, but the coverage was not blown by doughty

and food for thought how many times did we sit back in zone against buffalo without blitzing? we blitzed all game long, surely he probably had a mix of man and zone.

let me guess the video is lying to me and I'm not seeing john eubanks playing off man-man coverage and Eubanks getting toasted by josh reed

Khari Campbell, 1 on 1 on a TE ?, is he supposed to run with him for 40 yards by the way plax was open 1 on 1 on that play too. You might not think its fair but its Reeds job to cover over the top on both those guys and he covered neither.

and since campbell bit on the playaction it made the throw pitch and catch, and like I said doughty was over top plax,and because campbell blew his assignment so badly doughty got hung to dry.if campbell didnt bite it makes that throw a much more difficult one because it narrows the window for the throw.

bottom line Campbells error made it impossible to defend that throw. sean taylor would have got beat in doughtys position,it doesnt matter.

TO, well I guess Middle Zone is now a defensive scheme that washes your hands of any over the top resposibility. I also guess Gregg Williams busted out the cover 3 for the second time this season (the first being the London Fletcher TO touchdown- That is MIDDLE zone...there is no deep MIDDLE zone in Tampa Cover 2).

I played SS for 4 years in college and 3 in high school. I understand what a Safeties job is supposed to be in a cover 2 (what GW employs on passing downs). All those 1 on 1's you are talking about arent suppose to be that way genius. How about you get out of your teen years and then tell me about the fundamentals of football.

haha wow

tell me the job of the MLB in the tampa 2?

DEFEND THE DEEP MIDDLE AREA between the other zones and in front of the safeties.

and nice petty shot at my age.

Jon Eubanks, 1 on 1 in prevent Defense? Really? He didnt catch the ball RIGHT IN FRONT OF REED. REALLY? Ever heard of Bracketing? Thats what you do in prevent.

Khari Campbell, 1 on 1 on a TE ?, is he supposed to run with him for 20 yards down field with no help? By the way plax was open 1 on 1 on that play too. You might not think its fair but its Reeds job to cover over the top on both those guys and he covered neither, once again called bracketing.

TO, well I guess Middle Zone is now a defensive scheme that washes your hands of any over the top resposibility. I also guess Gregg Williams busted out the cover 3 for the second time this season (the first being the London Fletcher TO touchdown- That is MIDDLE zone...there is no deep MIDDLE zone in Tampa Cover 2). Those Sean Springs 1 on 1's were designed not to have safety help? Really? That must be a new wrinkle in GW's schemes that I have NEVER SEEN this SEASON.

Must be related to one of those schlepps from UNC. :laugh:

We need to replace doughty at the end of the season..im sorry hes just not gonna be our answer in the future....its a big drop off goin from Taylor to Doughty....he may be a good run stopper but awful at covering..ask Kevin Boss..that was awful

:rotflmao:

Must be related to one of those schlepps from UNC. :laugh:

Nope, just know football a lot better than a bunch of teenagers.

Please dont stop with the funny faces though. So much better than actual football knowledge or insight.

:mad: :( :cool: ;) :laugh: :rolleyes: :notworthy

Please dont stop with the funny faces though. So much better than actual football knowledge or insight.

Trust me, if you want to talk real football I can. I played 4 years of safety in high school too(3 as a starter on varsity). And I was rated the best safety in Maryland 4A football when I came out, and I currently play safety for a local Division I school. So don't think because I'm a teenager I don't know football lol. Anyways this thread was a joke, meant for laughter, why are you trying to ruin the fun??

not my fault you didn't learn a single thing in your "7 years" of organized football.

doughtys been beat a few times in man-man coverage with the bad PI penalty in dallas and if you cited those I'd have no problem, but when your trying to push your "superior old&wise opinion" that doughty is giving up plays left and right, it's best to cite fact. and you aren't.

did doughty scream run run causing campbell to lurch forward effectively blowing any chance he had at covering boss?

Trust me, if you want to talk real football I can. I played 4 years of safety in high school too(3 as a starter on varsity). And I was rated the best safety in Maryland 4A football when I came out, and I currently play safety for a local Division I school. So don't think because I'm a teenager I don't know football lol. Anyways this thread was a joke, meant for laughter, why are you trying to ruin the fun??

I want to talk real football. Its why I love this board. Cause intermixed in the punk ass kids there are actually people who know what they are talking about. I hope you are truly one of them. Cause then you would agree with me.

All jokes aside. Reed Doughty sucks at pass coverage. And while its fun to make jokes, I hope and pray he is not our long term solution at a position that requires the ability to pass cover. That would be a joke.

not my fault you didn't learn a single thing in your "7 years" of organized football.

doughtys been beat a few times in man-man coverage with the bad PI penalty in dallas and if you cited those I'd have no problem, but when your trying to push your "superior old&wise opinion" that doughty is giving up plays left and right, it's best to cite fact. and you aren't.

did doughty scream run run causing campbell to lurch forward effectively blowing any chance he had at covering boss?

Its not a linebackers job to cover 20 yds down the field.

I am not pushing anything old and wise. I am pushing experience on a football field. I am pushing knowledge of the game of football. On a website that is for the fans of a football team.

please enlighten me to the job of the MLB in the tampa 2 then.

even deion pointed it out that that sent TO up the middle to exploit that match up.

TO flipped his hips left making fletcher believe he was running a crossing route and flipped back darting right into and through the void that would have been fletchers zone.

tampa2.gif

I want to talk real football. Its why I love this board. Cause intermixed in the punk ass kids there are actually people who know what they are talking about. I hope you are truly one of them. Cause then you would agree with me.

All jokes aside. Reed Doughty sucks at pass coverage. And while its fun to make jokes, I hope and pray he is not our long term solution at a position that requires the ability to pass cover.

Well if you want to talk "real" football you are definitely simplifying the safety position too much. I read earlier where you said there is "no deep middle zone in the Tampa 2", well, actually, there are forms of the Tampa 2 where the MLB is responsible for deep middle. And guess what! The Redskins run it. That's why on those plays Fletcher was lined up 8 yards off the ball and he bailed out on the snap. Also, smart guy, the SS is NOT always responsible for over the top in man to man coverage. Strong Safeties OFTEN are told to roam around to different areas other than over the top. That's why you see LAndry lined up 25 yards back in the MIDDLE of the field on some of those plays, because we only had one safety playing deep. Come on man, you are supposed to recognize these things with all the safety experience you have...:doh:

please enlighten me to the job of the MLB in the tampa 2 then.

even deion pointed it out that that sent TO up the middle to exploit that match up.

TO flipped his hips left making fletcher believe he was running a crossing route and flipped back darting right into and through the void that would have been fletchers zone.

tampa2.gif

Actually thats a cover 3 deep chotchey. They dont want to confuse people by telling people there are more than 2 basic coverages in the media.

Reed had no responbility on the London Fletcher TD. Was Khary campbell playing Middle linebacker on the boss play? I cant remember.

Well actually I can. And he wasnt

Read up on the Tampa 2, and you may change your tune on that. The MLB has middle coverage on all routes, as the safeties cover the outside zones. Brian Urlacher is the prototypical Tampa 2 MLB - physical and can get to the QB, but is also fast enough to run with the TE down the middle.

Well if you want to talk "real" football you are definitely simplifying the safety position too much. I read earlier where you said there is "no deep middle zone in the Tampa 2", well, actually, there are forms of the Tampa 2 where the MLB is responsible for deep middle. And guess what! The Redskins run it. That's why on those plays Fletcher was lined up 8 yards off the ball and he bailed out on the snap. Also, smart guy, the SS is NOT always responsible for over the top in man to man coverage. Strong Safeties OFTEN are told to roam around to different areas other than over the top. That's why you see LAndry lined up 25 yards back in the MIDDLE of the field on some of those plays, because we only had one safety playing deep. Come on man, you are supposed to recognize these things with all the safety experience you have...:doh:

All that roaming is because Landry is now a free safety. I figured you would know that since you are playing safety for a local D-1 school.

Read up on the Tampa 2, and you may change your tune on that. The MLB has middle coverage on all routes, as the safeties cover the outside zones. Brian Urlacher is the prototypical Tampa 2 MLB - physical and can get to the QB, but is also fast enough to run with the TE down the middle.

Was Khary Campbell playing Middle Linebacker on the Boss play?

Actually thats a cover 3 deep chotchey. They dont want to confuse people by telling people there are more than 2 basic coverages in the media.

Reed had no responbility on the London Fletcher TD. Was Khary campbell playing Middle linebacker on the boss play? I cant remember.

Well actually I can. And he wasnt

Haha that's not a cover three drawn up there, boss. That's definitely a Tampa-2. Cover three is completely different, involves dropping one safety and two corners deep, leaving your strong safety and three linebackers covering the short/intermediate zones.

But of course, you know that, because you played safety for so long.

Haha that's not a cover three drawn up there, boss. That's definitely a Tampa-2. Cover three is completely different, involves dropping one safety and two corners deep, leaving your strong safety and three linebackers covering the short/intermediate zones.

I mean I guess you all are right

Reed Doughty is awesome at playing the pass. He is much better than archuletta. What am I thinking?

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Lets make jokes.

Reed eats nails and poops out M-1 abrams tanks..

Reed had no responbility on the London Fletcher TD. Was Khary campbell playing Middle linebacker on the boss play.

ok so you admit your wrong congrats.

and campbell completely blew his zone.HAD CAMPBELL NOT BLOWN HIS ZONE THAT BOSS CLEARLY RAN THROUGH he should have at the very least carried with boss up the field handing him off to doughty. campbell sucked up on the run eliminating himself from the play,and eli threw the ball to the open man.

youlose.gif

:owned:

http://www.coachyourkids.com/4-3defensepage3.html

I mean I guess you all are right

Reed Doughty is awesome at playing the pass. He is much better than archuletta. What am I thinking?

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Lets make jokes.

Reed eats nails and poops out M-1 abrams tanks..

I heard they were panzers, but that's just getting ticky-tack:cheers:

Archived