Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

Great post, H_H.

When we were talking about you doing this thread during the game Sunday night, I didn't envision this thread to be real funny.

Boy, was I wrong. :laugh:

Combination of his good play, and being punch-drunk from being bored and tired at work. Oh well, it came together alright. :)

Give Steph my best. Hopefully I'll see you guys soon. :cheers:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Great post, hog! You made my morning! :laugh:

Yes, yes you are.

Maybe my confusion stems from the fact that 3 weeks after costing us the buffalo game and 4 weeks after costing us the Cowboy game, Reed is being championed as the next ST.

Go figure. I just dont see a difference in him getting burned and Arch getting burned. Hopefully this week will prove me wrong.

Maybe my confusion stems from the fact that 3 weeks after costing us the buffalo game and 4 weeks after costing us the Cowboy game, Reed is being championed as the next ST.

Go figure. I just dont see a difference in him getting burned and Arch getting burned. Hopefully this week will prove me wrong.

He's been truly burned exactly once. If you count the PI (which if he'd just gotten his head around, would've been a SPECTACULAR play) twice.

Other than that, the guy has been nailz. He's not Sean Taylor. But who the hell is? He's not being asked to be Sean Taylor. He's being asked to be Reed Doughty, and all joking aside, he's doing a DAMN fine job as our SS.

And he didn't "cost" us the Cowboy game. A certain INT we THREW did. (Though I love JC too.) He made one mistake in that game. And it was not turning his head. If you want to crucify him for that, go ahead. But you're wrong.

Reed didn't cost us either of those games. If you truly think so, there is no point in arguing with you, because you're just not reasonable. Would we have beaten Dallas with ST? Yes, I think so...but that doesn't mean Williams can't design a scheme that doesn't allow TO to run free through the secondary.

And the Bills game? Are you ****ing kidding? :doh:

Reed didn't cost us either of those games. If you truly think so, there is no point in arguing with you, because you're just not reasonable. Would we have beaten Dallas with ST? Yes, I think so...but that doesn't mean Williams can't design a scheme that doesn't allow TO to run free through the secondary.

And the Bills game? Are you ****ing kidding? :doh:

WHO ALLOWED the 40 yd gain to a rookie QB on the final drive of the Buffalo game? Oh right I am kidding.

Who allowed 2 td's to TO? O right I am kidding

Who allowed BOSS's TD against the Giants last week?...o right I am kidding.

Should I go on kidding?

Or should you face the question of Reed's effectiveness as objective or passioned?

Cause right now you are caught up in the passion brother.

I have seen nothing from him (except age) to differentiate him from Arch. I hope he gets better with age.

WHO ALLOWED the 40 yd gain to a rookie QB on the final drive. Oh right I am kidding.

Who's offense only managed one TD on 4 red zone possessions? Who's offense gave up a safety? Who's offense was largely ineffective in the second half, turning the ball over twice, and and punting 3 times?

Doughty may have given up one big play - but to say he gave away the game is mind-numbingly stupid. There were MANY other factors involved in why we lost that game, not the least of which was the fact we had just lost our best player FOREVER.

Who allowed 2 td's to TO? O right I am kidding

Again - who let TO run freely through the secondary, without putting so much as a finger on him at the line of scrimmage? And if I recall correctly, TO scored 4 TDs, not 2. And its arguable if Doughty was solely responsible for both of those TDs. I would argue that Doughty was partially responsible for one of them - London Fletcher, Prioleau, and Springs were the responsible parties on the 3 others.

Who allowed BOSS's TD against the Giants last week?...o right I am kidding.

We won that game 22-10, in case you forgot. :doh:

Should I go on kidding?

Sure...but you're only kidding yourself.

From NFL.com's game balls section on the NYG/WAS game:

Game balls

Running back Clinton Portis carried the load for the Redskins on a windy day that made it tough to throw. He rushed for 126 yards on 25 attempts and tallied a key touchdown on the opening possession of the second half. Defensively, the honor goes to safety Reed Doughty. The second-year player, doing his best to fill in for the late Sean Taylor, had 10 tackles and helped Washington hold New York to just one touchdown.

:notworthy

Who's offense only managed one TD on 4 red zone possessions? Who's offense gave up a safety? Who's offense was largely ineffective in the second half, turning the ball over twice, and and punting 3 times?

Doughty may have given up one big play - but to say he gave away the game is mind-numbingly stupid. There were MANY other factors involved in why we lost that game, not the least of which was the fact we had just lost our best player FOREVER.

Again - who let TO run freely through the secondary, without putting so much as a finger on him at the line of scrimmage? And if I recall correctly, TO scored 4 TDs, not 2. And its arguable if Doughty was solely responsible for both of those TDs. I would argue that Doughty was partially responsible for one of them - London Fletcher, Prioleau, and Springs were the responsible parties on the 3 others.

We won that game 22-10, in case you forgot. :doh:

Sure...but you're only kidding yourself.

I thought this thread was about Reed not the team. Please continue making excuses for his "mind numbing" (nice adjective by the way) unawareness in pass coverage. He is LOST when we play 2 deep. HE IS LATE when he has over the top coverage. He is a good 8th man in the box. Just like Arch.

Let me ask you then....what is your opinion of Jason Fabini? NFL starting talent?

Or does the fact that our defense gives up points here and there make him great and covers up for the fact that he couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag?

Sometimes we win despite bad play. Sometime we lose despite good play.

All i am asking is that people look at our defense and who is giving up the yardage in passing situations. Look at his play objectively. Dont give me disclaimers about how he was asked to do a tough job and no one could replace and blah blah blah.

He is young and raw. I just havent seen his pass covering skills evolve in the last month.

I thought this thread was about Reed not the team. Please continue making excuses for his "mind numbing" (nice adjective by the way) unawareness in pass coverage. He is LOST when we play 2 deep. HE IS LATE when he has over the top coverage. He is a good 8th man in the box. Just like Arch.

Let me ask you then....what is your opinion of Jason Fabini? NFL starting talent?

Or does the fact that our defense gives up points here and there make him great and covers up for the fact that he couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag?

Sometimes we win despite bad play. Sometime we lose despite good play.

All i am asking is that people look at our defense and who is giving up the yardage in passing situations.

He would never fit in a paper bag silly, he's far too tall. Plus I couldn't either, that bag would be all cold and wet and clinging to my skin, yuck.

Archived