Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

ok so you admit your wrong congrats.

and campbell completely blew his zone.HAD CAMPBELL NOT BLOWN HIS ZONE THAT BOSS CLEARLY RAN THROUGH he should have at the very least carried with boss up the field handing him off to doughty. campbell sucked up on the run eliminating himself from the play,and eli threw the ball to the open man.

youlose.gif

Listen Dude

Where did I ever say that Reed was responsible for the London TO touchdown.?

But if it makes you feel good, I was wrong to call the tampa 2 a cover 3 deep.

Listen Dude

Where did I ever say that Reed was responsible for the London TO touchdown.?

But if it makes you feel good, I was wrong to call the tampa 2 a cover 3 deep.

you said reed gave up 2TD's to TO,and the previous post was about the Boss TD that Doughty wasn't responsible for.

like I said

don't pull stuff out your *** or else I'll get the hose out to clean it up.

All that roaming is because Landry is now a free safety. I figured you would know that since you are playing safety for a local D-1 school.

That was my point... both safeties aren't always responsible for over the top when the cb's are in man coverage, as you suggested. I actually learned that in high school.

He had 6 solo tackles and 10 total. :doh:

OK, but how many more were missed? I remember several missed arm tackles where Jacobs was the knife and Doughty was the butter.

Reed "I Doughty can tackle" still needs to work on certain aspects of his game.

The dude on the left is not afraid of RD. Then again, I'm not sure they've met.

human_shape_tackle_dummy_168.jpg

I like the spirit of the OPs thread. However, I'm not ready to put Reed on the Ring of Honor yet.

I am done bickering with you kids.

You obviously know more about football and the position of safety than I do.

You are a wonderful judge of talent and Reed Doughty is going to be the next ST. He has wonderful pass coverage instincts and never looks lost. I doubt he will be picked on this weekend.

That was my point... both safeties aren't always responsible for over the top when the cb's are in man coverage, as you suggested. I actually learned that in high school.

You are right. GW always employs man on man coverage and no over the top help from his safeties always. He trusts he DB to do it all. Especially on the 5 plays I pointed out originally. Gw usually calls on his DB's to be one on one outside of blitzes. Obviously the 5 plays I pointed out had blitzers I didnt see.

You obviously know more than I do about football and especially the position of safety.

You are a great judge of talent. Reed is going to be a great. He has such seamless mechanics in pass coverage.

I am sorry I doubted you. Reed wont be gameplanned against this week. Who would dare?

Great thread HH :notworthy , and great contributions. :applause:

A fine discussion on SS & Cover-2 schemes, but as suggested, how about one of you starting a new thread for it and our future coverage needs. Alllow this one to be for fun as intended. And avoid the insults--you were doing well but it's betting closer. ;)

I am done bickering with you kid.

You are a wonderful judge of talent and Reed Doughty is going to be the next ST. He has wonderful pass coverage instincts and never looks lost. I doubt he will be picked on this weekend.

If you look at my posts I never said anything about Reed being the next ST. I wasn't even defending him to be honest. I was just pointing out some mistakes in the comments you made about the safety position, that's all.

Great thread HH :notworthy , and great contributions. :applause:

A fine discussion on SS & Cover-2 schemes, but as suggested, how about one of you starting a new thread for it and our future coverage needs. Alllow this one to be for fun as intended. And avoid the insults--you were doing well but it's betting closer. ;)

Sorry Jumbo. Just get caught up some times.

I am done bickering with you kid.

haha

I doubt he's gonna be the next ST but I think he's capable of being solid/a good backup .

I just think it's funny to spot out people ACTING like they know what they're talking about and you clearly didn't,you half heartedly admit you wrong and continue to take jabs at me.

woo your the man now dog!

reed doughty has 2 speeds walk and kill

There is no chin behind Reed Doughty's chin strap. There is only another fist.

If you look at my posts I never said anything about Reed being the next ST. I wasn't even defending him to be honest. I was just pointing out some mistakes in the comments you made about the safety position, that's all.

Sorry to get all bunched up. The comments were meant for the 5 plays I originally talked about. Not the safety position as a whole. Safeties (and strong safeties) are one of the most dynamic positions on the field, the 5 plays I orignally called Reed out on were plays were he distincly had over the top pass coverage responsibility. Obviously he wont always have that. i am just worried that other teams are going to react when he does, a la Archuletta.

please enlighten me to the job of the MLB in the tampa 2 then.

even deion pointed it out that that sent TO up the middle to exploit that match up.

TO flipped his hips left making fletcher believe he was running a crossing route and flipped back darting right into and through the void that would have been fletchers zone.

tampa2.gif

:laugh:

its the safties job to cover over top the WR he should made a better play on the ball instead of your MLB :doh: thats why they call it cover 2 the safties cover deep halfs of the field in a zone like coverage :doh1:

haha

I doubt he's gonna be the next ST but I think he's capable of being solid/a good backup .

I just think it's funny to spot out people ACTING like they know what they're talking about and you clearly didn't,you half heartedly admit you wrong and continue to take jabs at me.

woo your the man now dog!

reed doughty has 2 speeds walk and kill

There is no chin behind Reed Doughty's chin strap. There is only another fist.

Please dont accuse me of acting anything. I whole heartedly admitted that I was wrong on the diagram you threw up.

I dont expect you to act humbly and admit you were wrong on the Bills catch, the 2 TO TD's or the Boss TD. Youth today doesnt know humility. You all are kings of the world.

Thank you for the discussion.

Sorry to get all bunched up. The comments were meant for the 5 plays I originally talked about. Not the safety position as a whole. Safeties (and strong safeties) are one of the most dynamic positions on the field, the 5 plays I orignally called Reed out on were plays were he distincly had over the top pass coverage responsibility. Obviously he wont always have that. i am just worried that other teams are going to react when he does, a la Archuletta.

I never played organized football, so I couldn't tell you the intricacies of the schemes, but I'm an editor, and you've added an extra t to Archuleta this whole time. It's been very upsetting.

2270813170049740461S425x425Q85.jpg

Nevermind, looks like Reed had a little "talk' with Archie.

I never played organized football, so I couldn't tell you the intricacies of the schemes, but I'm an editor, and you've added an extra t to Archuleta this whole time. It's been very upsetting.

2270813170049740461S425x425Q85.jpg

Nevermind, looks like Reed had a little "talk' with Archie.

HAHAHAHAHA

The extra T was for Toast.

Please dont accuse me of acting anything. I whole heartedly admitted that I was wrong on the diagram you threw up.

I dont expect you to act humbly and admit you were wrong on the Bills catch, the 2 TO TD's or the Boss TD. Youth today doesnt know humility. You all are kings of the world.

Thank you for the discussion.

and on all 5 of your plays I picked your argument apart. to which doughty had not blown the coverage in ANY of them

nothing wrong with being humble in defeat.

it was a good debate.

I think everyone here would admit that Reed is going to need some work on his coverage skills, especially WHEN he is responsible for deep(although I doubt he has that responsibility very often anytime soon since Landry has been playing deep middle), but to compare him to Arch is a bit premature. Arch was a good tackler with NO natural cover skills. We don't know if Reed's problem is ability or experience at this point. I'm leaning more towards the inexperience than the "he's the next Archuleta" theory. JMO

Archived