Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Calling It: We Sign Anthony Trucks

method man

IMO, H.B. Blades is an incredibly talented player with sick upside. In the preseason, whenever he was in the game, he was around the football. He's built like London Fletcher, and he PLAYS like a young Fletch too.

I watched him play all three LB positions in the first (read: only) half of the Ravens' preseason game. It didn't matter where he lined up. He made good reads and made plays.

I truly believe this kid will step in and not miss a beat when Fletch decides it's time to hang 'em up. In the meantime, I have NO problem whatsoever with having this kid on the field any of the three LB slots.

IMO, H.B. Blades is an incredibly talented player with sick upside. In the preseason, whenever he was in the game, he was around the football. He's built like London Fletcher, and he PLAYS like a young Fletch too.

I watched him play all three LB positions in the first (read: only) half of the Ravens' preseason game. It didn't matter where he lined up. He made good reads and made plays.

I truly believe this kid will step in and not miss a beat when Fletch decides it's time to hang 'em up. In the meantime, I have NO problem whatsoever with having this kid on the field any of the three LB slots.

:applause: :applause: :applause: Amen to that brother:point2sky

Yes, someone other than me see some huge potential in this guy. He looked damn good in the preseason with a sack a couple batted balls (lol) and 2 goaline stops! This guy reminds me of A.Pierce when he was starting out on the special teams! He is fast, can cover, and most importantly can hit like a truck. Since Rocko got hurt and is done for the season we need to bring him up from the p squad to the 52 man roster. Were going to need him down the stretch.

+12345

HB Blades is a stud guys. He's gonna end up being talked about as one of the biggest steals of last years draft and is virtually another Fletcher in the making. For a relatively small linebacker - he is an absolutely phenomenal tackler. Great speed, tremendous ability to get to the ball and according to Gregg - one of the smartest defensive guys we have on the team. With any combo of London/MW/Campbell out there with him, I feel incredibly comfortable with HB on the field.

You guys have lost it. We don't need a WLB Lorenzo "The Indomitable" Alexander, will spell in there on Run Downs. muahaha, minny won't know what hit them :D

If LA keeps playing the way he has been, I may have to buy my first Redskins Jersey in several years with his Numeral on it.

The thing that surprised me about Blades in the Ravens preseason game was that he played all 3 LB spots well. When we drafted him I thought he was just a MLB. He's a little short, but is a sure tackler and has a good nose for the ball. Like honorary_hog said, I've got no problem with him playing any of the LB positions.

I wouldn't mind us doing a little late season Truck shopping. He looked good in preseason, and would give us another young body for next year which we sorely need.

As for Briggs, he's a playmaker but we'd be smarter to focus on younger, cheaper players like Trucks and grooming them.

Archived