Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our biggest threat to the playoffs (besides us winning out of course) is the Saints(m

footballhenry

The way the saints played in the 1st half (went to bed in the 2nd half) the record they have is very misleading, because they looked awesome. They went down the field and got into or close to the red zone EVERY drive. i really hope theg et upset 1 game
They were playing ATLANTA, every team looks like that vs. them :2cents:

We can't do anything until the Saints lose a game.

Wrong. Because I like to figure out every scenario, here's how we make it even if the Saints win out.

The saints would have the tiebreaker over EVERYBODY at 9-7, due to their conference record (8-4). So in this scenario that I am presenting, they would be the #1 wild card.

So the race is for #2.

Now, the Skins would have to win out.

Also, the Giants would have to lose out. Which is not out of the question. After they lose to us, they still have to play New England the last weekend of the season, which is another loss. The game in between? Buffalo, who may be fighting for a playoff berth of their own should they beat Cleveland this weekend.

If both the Skins & Giants finish 9-7, Washington would have the tiebreaker due to a better record in common opponents.

Then the only other teams who could be 9-7 are Detroit or Minnesota (Arizona couldn't since they would have lost to the Saints), both of which the Skins have head to head tiebreaker over.

So there you have it. A Saints loss would make things much easier, but it is possible......

I don't see how the Skins can or will win in New Yorks Trash dump, New Jersey. The Giants aren't playing well recently, but that just doesn't matter. Do you see the Skins playing well or even consistently ? I certainly don't. I'm not a hater but honestly I believe we will see A LOT of annoying posts at the end of the game claiming once again (as they have from week 2) that the season is over.

I want them to win but I just don't see it happening.

One reason: Terrible Offensive Line

Second reason: Running game not firing on all cyllandars (see reason 1)

With the Saints beating the Cards today pretty soundly (I know they only won by a td but they were up by two scores for most of the game) and the Eagles knocking off the NFC leading Cowboys, this game is going to have HUGE playoff implications.

We should all be heavily rooting for Donovan and co. to take down the surging Saints. My early week prediction is this is going to go down the wire but I am banking on the Eagles defense forcing some late game turnovers to win it.

The Saints are hard to beat at home though, and arent the Eagles off balance in domes? :(

I don't see how the Skins can or will win in New Yorks Trash dump, New Jersey. The Giants aren't playing well recently, but that just doesn't matter. Do you see the Skins playing well or even consistently ? I certainly don't. I'm not a hater but honestly I believe we will see A LOT of annoying posts at the end of the game claiming once again (as they have from week 2) that the season is over.

I want them to win but I just don't see it happening.

One reason: Terrible Offensive Line

Second reason: Running game not firing on all cyllandars (see reason 1)

It's good to see yourself be proven wrong on your two reasons, huh?:laugh:

Good lord these next two weeks are going to be heart attack central. Obviously we need to win out. If the Vikings lose tommrow night, we could connceivably beat them next Sunday night, then if we lose and they lose the last week of the season, we hold the tiebreaker. But that is irrelevant unless the Saints go 0-2. I'm rambling, but basically go Eagles and Bears! How nice would one of those games against the Giants, Eagles, Buccaneers, Packers, Bills, or Cowboys be? (all games we should've won). This season is so reminiscent of two years ago.

I HATE the Saints. I have been forced to watch them all year on replay games that my roomate watches because he does NOT have power over me to watch a game on the big screen on sundays. They honest to god SUCK. The game they win they either catch people banged up (Cards) on a ridiculous pity win or cameras literally fall from the skies and kill opponents (Seahawks). It sickens me that my roomate is so waterlogged from hurricanes and post traumatic stress that he really thinks the Aints are better and deserve the paloffs more than the skins. Id honestly rather see anyone outside the nfc eat make it than them.

For the first time in my life. I will be an eagles fan next week. I refuse to process this.

Any thing could happen this sunday, I could see any scenario coming true (even the Redskins losing; the Vikes are on an amazing streak right now). Still, its fun to predict, guess, and analyze :).

Honestly, I think the Eagles will definitely give the Saints a fight....this game could go either way. Look for the Saints to come through late, I honestly am thinking that the letdown game will be on the road in cold weather in Chitown. The Bears are a prideful team and will definitely end their season on a positive note.

note:the Eagles v. Saints game features a hard-hitting v. finesse matchup. doesnt the hard-hitting team usually win this one?

I feel another NYG collapse coming, I think Buffalo takes them out for us forcing some crucial int's by Eli in cold weather.

Any thing could happen this sunday, I could see any scenario coming true (even the Redskins losing; the Vikes are on an amazing streak right now). Still, its fun to predict, guess, and analyze :).

Honestly, I think the Eagles will definitely give the Saints a fight....this game could go either way. Look for the Saints to come through late, I honestly am thinking that the letdown game will be on the road in cold weather in Chitown. The Bears are a prideful team and will definitely end their season on a positive note.

note:the Eagles v. Saints game features a hard-hitting v. finesse matchup. doesnt the hard-hitting team usually win this one?

I feel another NYG collapse coming, I think Buffalo takes them out for us forcing some crucial int's by Eli in cold weather.

Personally-the Bears game worries me the most-it's not just cold, it's FREEZING. Last year in the NFCCG, they had a hard time running their O b/c of that. No excuses, but that's just the way it is, as they've been like this throughout their history(not surprising for a Dome team), and it could likely cost them a playoff spot, sadly.:2cents:

Archived