Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: Dorsey or McFadden?

ronnyskins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

redskins run D 6th in nfl

houston 23rd

okoye gets run over all the time, he uses his speed to rush the passer.

why waste a top 10 pick on a undersized DT?

he wouldnt fit our system we use big DT to plug the gap, okoye is a DT that uses his speed to make plays.

Ok you have a point with the Run D, I'll give ya that, but we need someone who can get in there and knock the crap outa the Qb putting them in Long situations obviously with 5.5 sacks the guy is getting in there getting it done.

Ok you have a point with the Run D, I'll give ya that, but we need someone who can get in there and knock the crap outa the Qb putting them in Long situations obviously with 5.5 sacks the guy is getting in there getting it done.

Okoye uses his speed to get inside at the QB, but he simply doesn't have the strength or mass to collapse the pocket or be a dominate the line of scrimmage. It's the tweener DE argument, yes they can disrupt the QB on quite a few plays, but they are also completely worthless on the other 50 % of the plays where they get blown completely backwards.

Uh he isn't going to be available for us where we are going to be picking. He is probably going to be #2 to that Pats. I would say that Dorsey could go one, but then again if the Dolphins get him then we shall see what happens. Either way, I don't think that we are going to see either of those guys.

Uh he isn't going to be available for us where we are going to be picking. He is probably going to be #2 to that Pats. I would say that Dorsey could go one, but then again if the Dolphins get him then we shall see what happens. Either way, I don't think that we are going to see either of those guys.

No he probably won't be available but it is fun to speculate

Man, that just about makes me want to vomit thinking that Dorsey could go to the Pats. Arrrrgghhhh! Why can't we find a way to run this team effectively!

redskins run D 6th in nfl

houston 23rd

okoye gets run over all the time, he uses his speed to rush the passer.

why waste a top 10 pick on a undersized DT?

he wouldnt fit our system we use big DT to plug the gap, okoye is a DT that uses his speed to make plays.

okoye is still very young. Wasnt he the youngest player in the draft, or one of the youngest? Give him to grow some more. I would have not minded taking okoye.

If we had a chance at either McFadden or Dorsey, I'd like to see McFadden as a 'Skin. He is an explosive runner, isn't afraid of taking it up the middle, and can execute the option-pass. He gives the offense a chance to score any time he gets the ball. I don't know if he will be as good as Peterson (Vikings), but he is a top ten pick for sure.

no way we should use a top 10 pick on a undersized DT who gets run over every play to get some pressure on the QB.

how about just drafting a DE?

mcfadden is a good BIG back that would fit perfect with Gibbs O... 6'2 215!!! he runs a 4.4... but he'll probably go Top 10...

215 is smaller than Portis, or around Portis size. McFadden is definitely not a "big back". His style is more finesse, ala Portis. Time will tell whether McFadden ends up good or not. He does seem to get through the pile better than Portis, but remember, Portis was the same way too, as recently as 2005.

You want a big back, they usually are 230 or more.

Dorsey, he's good for college. Remember though, he is undersized. In the end, he may not be any better than some of the best smaller DT's currently playing.

I think our DT situation is fine for now.

Archived