Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Can Beat the Giants if Portis Has a Good Game

DieHard86

In 3 trips to NY to play the Giants, Portis hasn't done anything. In one game the skins turned the ball over 100 times and in two games just got blown out.

Its always windy in December in that place and the Giants front line is gonna come after Todd. Without a consistent running game, we could be toast. Portis needs to find #77 and follow him to first downs.

and if we can get Portis involved in the short passing game, it will be a tremendous help.

I would love nothing more than to see that NY defense get worn down. They talk so much smack. I am so over hearing Strahan spout out garbage through those gapped teeth, I wish someone would punch him in the damn mouth.

IMO the key to beating the Giants, as well as running the table will be the defense

they will have to keep teams out of the end zone, and create turnovers to give TC short fields to work with, and can manage the game... if we have to depend on TC to win a shootout, we're in trouble

IMO the key to beating the Giants, as well as running the table will be the defense

they will have to keep teams out of the end zone, and create turnovers to give TC short fields to work with, and can manage the game... if we have to depend on TC to win a shootout, we're in trouble

I agree ... if we can have a consistent pass rush against Eli, he'll throw some lame ducks.

All we really need to do is look at their game against the Vikings ... they had four INTs, three of them "pick six".

:2cents: :2cents:

Portis always blows against New York and Philly.

Hopefully the coaches have realized this by now, and Betts allows us to win.

But....don't forget.....he is a great blocker. :doh:

3 carries for -3 yards + one dropped ball while WIDE open in the flat vs the bears.

They both have a 3.7 YPC. If Portis can't do it, neither will betts

You should go read my post where I explain how its THE O LINE, and not our RB's. ( that includes me defending Betts by the way)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227120

No worries. CP will block us right into the Superbowl.

Who needs him to run if he can block that great?

Somebody please beat this dude's ass. Please? Anybody? Seriously, McD5. Are you seriously gay for Betts? You never post unless its about Betts. As much as I like Betts, its rediculous to say he's better than Portis. What a tard.

The Giants really are not that good of a football team. They have a QB who blows hot and cold a RB who has been hurt and who runs hard but upright and when he gets hit hard tends to fumble, their best (only?) WR is playing on one leg and their secondary is very suspect.

Of course we can beat them.

For it to happen our D has to play the run well and make Eli have to throw. Burress is hurt and can not cut but is still dangerous on the fade and post - take that away and all Eli has left is Shockey. We can hold them under 20.

On offense our O'line has to show up - if we protect Collins he can move us but we HAVE to be able to run if only to slow the Giants pass rush. We can not get into a position were we have to throw and they can just pin their ears back.

I would look for a lot of 3 step drops and screens as well to try to take advantage of their DEs who like to get up the field.

Archived