Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Show a Little Patience with Campbell Please?

#98QBKiller

Dude, can you find some threads when we were 6-2 last year??

:rotflmao:

The boyz hate it when anyone says JC is an adequate qb.

Why, are you having a hard time finding one?

You know I have seen you use this 6-2 a lot in other treads like JC saying - he once threw a nice bomb to Moss in the Saints game last year. Are you two related?

And you do realize he only had 6 TD in those 8 games. Not sure how you think that is something you should really be proud of. I guess as you get older anything that moves a little is like WOW I am impressed.

Lol, nice bump SoCal.

I tried to stand up for Campbell and give him a chance and he hasn't done anything to show me that he's the man for the job.

Sorry JC, I tried buddy. You're a nice guy and you seem to work hard but you're just not a very good QB.

Wow then you need your eyes checked then

Couple of questions I'd like answered:

1. Did we not start the season saying "this is the year Jason must step up and lead this team and show the world what he's got" before the year completely went to crap? Am I imaginging that? Did Chris Samuals not come out and say Jason has 7 or 8 games to show everyone his skills or else? Did Jason not spend a lot of time at the park trying to get ready for the new year and then come out and completely crap all over himself and the team for the 4th straight year AGAIN? Do you people not care to stick to plans when it comes to everything, including Jason?

2. When is enough enough for some of you wanting to give a 5th year starter more "patience"? Look at the stats for the wins that this 3 and 8 team has and tell me what Jason did to get ANY of them. The one game he actually threw 2 TD's he once again had more turnovers. The season started with many fans questioning if Jason was a real NFL QB or just faking being one. To me the question is too broad so let me ask it in another way. Do you feel as if this team can win with Jason under center? Yet again we find ourselves out of the playoff mix with him there with 5 games to go. Yet again we have a losing record with Jason under center. The only question I want answered is this - Is Jason a winning NFL QB? The truth is we are NOT able to win games with Jason under center. The only important question that a QB in this league this year, next year, and every other year that came before it to me is if a QB is a winner or not. Jason's played in 48 games and never had a winning record. Jason's won 3 out of 11 games this year further proving he isn't a winner. Why do you posters want to continue to trot out this bad QB? Are you interested in killing this franchise? Do you like losing? Why have you become so convinced that not all QB's are created equal and a new one is exactly what this team needs?

3. Last question, why do you supporters blame shift away from Jason every week instead of holding him accountable for his own actions? Jason's a likeable guy to most of you but likeability does not get on the list for what a good QB is and supposed to be. What is on the list is stats. I've beaten it to death over and over here that most posters here in my mind supporting Jason simply do not care to look at stats with Jason but will look at stats for other QB's in the league to defend Jason. There is a double standard on this forum when it comes to judging Jason Campbell as a QB. Why is that? Why when you look at things like, 300 yard games (he's had 5 in 48 starts), 3+ TD passes (he's had1 in 48 starts), Wins (he's been replaced after taking the team to a losing record and seen the team turn around it's winning percentages and does not have a better year then 8-8 in the NFL), Turnovers (He's had more turnovers then TD passes), TD passes in a season (His 16 game best is usually gotten by a good QB before week 8 in the league), Sacks (Other men in the league have had tons more sacks then Jason and produced much more then Jason), and just about ever other meaningful stat you should be judging every single QB in the league by but every one of these is ignored by Jason Campbell supporters. Why is it that you'd rather look for reasons why Jason isn't a productive NFL QB every where else except Jason? And if your going to make every excuse in the book for a QB like that then why didn't you extend the same thing to past Redskins QB's?

I love these bumps! Hilarious! LOL at tr1 still trying to pass of Candle as "adequate"! What a joke!

Only 5 more weeks. 5 more weeks. 5 more weeks. Then we can blow out the Candle for good!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its smart to resign him though. Its incredible that you think we should drafta qb w/this line. I know you didnt say draft a qb but thats most likely wat you want

Addicted - Unfortunately I can't answer those questions because I agree with you 100%. Campbell is not a championship caliber QB. The Campbell supporters will provide any excuse possible of why he has struggled like bad Oline, not enough playmakers, bad play calling, etc, but will never put any of the blame on Campbell himself.

As I said in another thread, I believe that Campbell has flaws that go beyond his protection, weapons, system and play calling. He is simply not accurate. Alot of his short passes will be behind his targets and his deep balls aren't even close. He has a slow release. He doesn't make quick decisions. He doesn't perform well in the clutch. HE DOESN"T WIN.

Lol, nice bump SoCal.

I tried to stand up for Campbell and give him a chance and he hasn't done anything to show me that he's the man for the job.

Sorry JC, I tried buddy. You're a nice guy and you seem to work hard but you're just not a very good QB.

We'll atleast you've caught on and are not like some others who think Campbell needs more time

Hello Redskin fans, do you think your team is ready for your New Orleans Saints?

Do you think you are ready for a ban? This thread isn't about the Saints. You wanna talk Saints, read all the rules and then post an original, well thought out thread in the proper area. Second thought, just GTFO.

After 31 games, Troy Aikman was 10-21.

Just sayin'...

~Bang

Please tell me you arent comparing Jason Campbell to Troy Aikman!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! What a joke!!

Get me Troys record after 47 starts and see if he was 5-14 in the last 19 of those 47. Just sayin...

See how many 2minute drives at the end og games Aikman led to win his team the game. I bet that number compares to how many Campbell has lost for us.

See how many games Dallas scored over 30 pts in Aikmans first 47 starts....with jason Campbell its 2!!! Thats right......2 freakin games..... and we lost one of those!!

The guy can't win. Plain and simple. Todd Collins proved in 2007 Campbell can't win. He took the same line JC had, same receivers, same RB,TE and made the offense look spectacular.....Todd Collins!!!!

5 more games....thank goodness.

Just sayin'...

~Bang

he was a probowler his 3rd year in the league, won the superbowl in his 4th. campbell is already past that.

plus that record is massively skewed because of his 0-11 rookie start.

poor example.

and lol at another hilarious socal bump. i remember those days when i supported campbell and still thought he could be good. how wrong i was.

Just sayin'...

~Bang

I'm sure you could find these types of comparisons through the years and it's a good fact to look at. However, just the record itself doesn't tell the entire story.

1) Aikman started his career on a completely gutted team AND started as a rookie. So, those 31 games cover roughly his first 2 seasons (or part of his 3rd if he missed some time). Campbell is now in his 5th season in the NFL (and in his 3rd FULL year as a starter...which doesn't include half of 2006).

2) I'd be curious to see if Aikman had a typical bell curve where he started horribly, made strides, and then continued to improve. That's what I'd expect from how I remember his career (I could be wrong). Campbell, on the other hand, has made very incremental improvements but always seemed to pair those up with taking a step or two backwards. From what we see on the field, he's essentially the same QB that started the 2007 season: big arm, slow decisions, pretty good on his feet, etc.

All in all, I haven't been unhappy with the guy, I just think there is plenty of room to improve there. He's a 5/10 to me. It's not like our OL or RB positions where I believe we MUST upgrade it no matter what. But, QB is unique in that you really can't pass up the opportunity to draft/acquire a franchise guy. This coming draft with us sitting in the top-10 might be the franchise's best opportunity to get a stud QB...I don't think we can let that slip through our fingers.

Is there anyone still on this board who is supporting Campbell who believes he might develop into a Brady, Manning, or Brees? If not, then I think 90% of us agree...he's OK and not close to our biggest problem, but not the QB that will take us to the next level.

Looking at this season from week 1, and after facing countless 0-fer teams and losing to them, DOES justify wanting change.

C'mon, the Lions? Chiefs? get realistic with this; no offensive firepower, and a coaching staff that relies heavily on the defense to hold every offense until JC finally starts playing like a QB shouldnot have happened.

The Skins should be at the very least 7-4 or 8-3, and if JC doesn't improve next year, what; "lets give him more time to grow into the position"? B.S.

He has not and will not progress into an elite QB, maybe an average QB at best, but that will not happen for years, so if you wanna piss off the next 4-5 years waiting for JC to improve, you're wasting your time with him.

Stats are squat; wins and losses are what counts, and if a QB doesn't have the skills to put his team in a position to win, he's not worth keeping.

This year, he was supposed to have finally rid himself from staring down receivers, over-throwing wide open receivers, and constantly checking down or giving up on them and throwing to backs, when he does look at the field.

He's not going to be a benefit to this team; he's a liability...

Please tell me you arent comparing Jason Campbell to Troy Aikman!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! What a joke!!

Get me Troys record after 47 starts and see if he was 5-14 in the last 19 of those 47. Just sayin...

See how many 2minute drives at the end og games Aikman led to win his team the game. I bet that number compares to how many Campbell has lost for us.

See how many games Dallas scored over 30 pts in Aikmans first 47 starts....with jason Campbell its 2!!! Thats right......2 freakin games..... and we lost one of those!!

The guy can't win. Plain and simple. Todd Collins proved in 2007 Campbell can't win. He took the same line JC had, same receivers, same RB,TE and made the offense look spectacular.....Todd Collins!!!!

5 more games....thank goodness.

Not making any comparison.. just pointing out a fact, so calm down.

Troy had won 10 games in his first 31.

And I'm certain the same jokes were made about him by fans who ultimately ate their words.

I'm not saying JC can be Troy Aikman. Just pointing out that quarterbacks take a lot longer to grow into the game than any other position, as illustrated by Troy's first 31 efforts when he had decidedly better tools and coaching to work with.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Campbell yet. He has skills, he could use some competent coaching. If Vinny had been building the line slowly and surely over the last several years, I'd like to see what Campbell could be doing now that his young receivers are starting to come into their own a bit.

~Bang

Not making any comparison.. just pointing out a fact, so calm down.

Troy had won 10 games in his first 31.

And I'm certain the same jokes were made about him by fans who ultimately ate their words.

I'm not saying JC can be Troy Aikman. Just pointing out that quarterbacks take a lot longer to grow into the game than any other position, as illustrated by Troy's first 31 efforts when he had decidedly better tools and coaching to work with.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Campbell yet. He has skills, he could use some competent coaching. If Vinny had been building the line slowly and surely over the last several years, I'd like to see what Campbell could be doing now that his young receivers are starting to come into their own a bit.

~Bang

I have to question why we're arbitrarily stopping at 31 games though. What did he do in his "3rd season" of games (games 32-47) since that's how many starts JC has?

Campbell will NEVER succeed in a WCO...PERIOD.

You could give him 20 years of on the job training and it wouldnt matter. His release is to slow, he cant make quick decisions, he stares down his primary Target.

Tell me what he possesses that would allow him to be a good QB????

The only way he does anything in this league is if he gets an exceptional OL which can give him the extra time needed for his skill set. Sorry, but hes a backup QB in this league.

Archived