Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Show a Little Patience with Campbell Please?

#98QBKiller

Sorry I meant in 2005. Who cares how much patience he showed with Ramsey? Ramsey was already cut by us and the Jets and now is a backup in denver. Why mess with another person's trash? Gibbs brought in his QB

And his QB is bigger trash than PR.

Ramsey was never cut by us.

We were never 2-6 in 2005. We started out 3-0.

i agree 99QBKiller, and based on your replies in many other threads I think you and I are on the same wavelength here in regards to Campbell. I have never felt so comfortable knowing a season is over, because the future is bright. So long as our coaches recognize this...

i agree 99QBKiller, and based on your replies in many other threads I think you and I are on the same wavelength here in regards to Campbell. I have never felt so comfortable knowing a season is over, because the future is bright. So long as our coaches recognize this...

We sure are :cheers:

If we make the playoffs, then there is no more pressing problems than QB.

If our defense gives up TDs and big plays (see Dallas game), our O line continues it's erratic play and goes back to being a sieve and our running game can't get going and we still make the playoffs then perhaps QB could be one of our pressing problems. We made the playoffs in 05 becuse of our defense and Portis. Who our starting QB is doesn't really affect how our defense plays or how well the O line pass protects or run blocks. There is more to this than just the QB.

I didn't project him to be an elite QB in the near future. I said there's nothing stopping him from being an elite QB if he can fix the problems I mentioned. And I don't think there's anything "hilarious" about saying that, I believe that's a true statement.

I don't wish to get into an arguement about it but your first post only gave excuses as to why Campbell's play has been "sub-par". Our last QB had everything and sucked by most standards and now with the same lineup this QB needs better tools around him? Better plays called? On top of that, the "problems" he needs to fix are the same problems most QB have that never make it far in the NFL. He fumbles, he throws INTs, etc can be said about half the QBs that lost their jobs this season in the NFL. Young and Old. But that really wasn't the point of my original post. I guess the point of my original statment is that JC needs more time. People who call him "elite" or great or even that he has a chance to be "elite" or great based on what they have seen are as out of line as those who say "he's a bust" or "he sucks".

He is 1-5 in his last 6 games. There was plenty of patience when he was 2-5 last year, but the regression in wins and choking game after game away has built up. A 3rd year QB, even in his 1st year as starter, should not have a 1-5 stretch as the QB for the Skins. There is no excuse for it.

Joe Theismann had a stretch in 1981 where he went 0-5. Good thing your status as head coach is the same now as it was then. You're not.

If we make the playoffs, then there is no more pressing problems than QB.

Brunell actually did get his job yanked. Do you not remember Campbell playing last year?

How much patience did Gibbs show with PR? JC has had 100 times more of Gibbs patience, yet he pays him back by choking away games that would put us in the playoffs.

So Campbell decided to run the ball on 3rd & 8 against the Bills while trying to put them away?

I don't wish to get into an arguement about it but your first post only gave excuses as to why Campbell's play has been "sub-par". Our last QB had everything and sucked by most standards and now with the same lineup this QB needs better tools around him? Better plays called? On top of that, the "problems" he needs to fix are the same problems most QB have that never make it far in the NFL. He fumbles, he throws INTs, etc can be said about half the QBs that lost their jobs this season in the NFL. Young and Old. But that really wasn't the point of my original post. I guess the point of my original statment is that JC needs more time. People who call him "elite" or great or even that he has a chance to be "elite" or great based on what they have seen are as out of line as those who say "he's a bust" or "he sucks".

I understand what you meant in your original post but again, you're not understanding mine.

I gave no excuses for Campbell's play or even said that it was 'sub-par' since you had it in quotes and all, I simply pointed out that not every other great QB came out tearing things up in the league and that most QBs need time and development.

This is a statement from SoCalSkins in another Thread

Jason has a better receiving TE in Cooley versus Didier. Jason has a far better RB in Portis over Rogers. Jay had a better line and WR's. The talent on D is comparable. Jay had a far better head coach.

Jay is an oaf because you think so? Let's ignore the 17-5 record to start his Skins career and overlook JC's 7-12 record. Campbell has poise and Jay is dumb compared to mr. 14 on the wonderlic?

Campbell is a choker. He does nothing but get rattled. He audibles out of having the ball in his hand or refuses to take the option to put the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. When it is in his hands, he get the deer in headlight stare and throws picks. He is a 1-5 player in his last 6. There is no excuse for that. There is no intangible for that. 5 of those L's should have been wins.

He does not have a great arm or a good head on his shoulders. He constantly throws the ball high and will end up getting our WR's hurt with his throws. He may end up being good down the road, but he will never be as good as Jay was for this franchise.

My statements. The best offensive line in history and the best trio of WRs in redskins history. We have Jokes as WRs, and Fabini who blows. Cooley is the only consistent member of this unit and he is limited too.

I am sure that it was his fault that the defense gave up 28 pts straight after taylor's injury. The Dallas game, Oops Owens 4 receiving TDs and 170 yds receiving. The Tampa game, 4 turnovers in the first half and a bad call by Gibbs on the 4th which wasted 8 mins in the 3rd quarter. Oops, Gibbs calling that 2nd timeout and allowing a rookie QB throw with no pressure

tony Romo sits to pee is why people get upset. dude came out of nowhere and is completely beast at QB.

eactly. But people forget that Romo sits to pee spent 3 or 4 years on the bench before getting his shot. He learned everything before he stppped in.

If it wasn't for Parcells keeping him b/c he said "the kid has potential", than he wouldn't even be here now.

Joe Theismann had a stretch in 1981 where he went 0-5. Good thing your status as head coach is the same now as it was then. You're not.

Those were the first 5 games in the offence, the comparison is not the same. He also finished 8-3. Campbell is going backwards he starts 4-2 then goes 1-5.

I am sure that it was his fault that the defense gave up 28 pts straight after taylor's injury. The Dallas game, Oops Owens 4 receiving TDs and 170 yds receiving. The Tampa game, 4 turnovers in the first half and a bad call by Gibbs on the 4th which wasted 8 mins in the 3rd quarter. Oops, Gibbs calling that 2nd timeout and allowing a rookie QB throw with no pressure

You must not have watched those games, Campbell played corner AND safety in the Dallas game, he told Gibbs it was ok to call 2 timeouts, he was the one who stripped the ball from Portis in TB and he greased up Moss's gloves before that first drive too, jeez I can't believe people defend this kid.

Those were the first 5 games in the offence, the comparison is not the same. He also finished 8-3. Campbell is going backwards he starts 4-2 then goes 1-5.

The talent around him has gone backwards as well. Last year our O line was doing very well in pass protection and run blocking. Our WRs were actually catching the ball and were relatively healthy. Our running game was good because of the O line play. This year it is the opposite. Our O line is erratic at best, but usually horrible in pass protection and run blocking. Our WRs are consistently injured and seem to get the dropsies quite a bit. We have a carousel of guys out there to catch the ball. Our running game is mediocre at best. A QB isn't an entire team. He can't block for himself in passing situations, catch the ball, or run block.

JC has things that he needs to correct, I won't deny that. Then again most young QBs do. Yes he has made some bad decisions and thrown untimely interceptions. Yes he has to protect the ball better. However, many of the games we lost Campbell was the main reason we were even IN the game at all. He is able to sustain drives and moves the ball well when the reigns are taken off and we need him to, but he has trouble finishing and tries to force things in the red zone. Let's give him a little time and I think that can be fixed.

So its Campbell's fault for all the injuires too and the bad coaching and the confused philosophy too? :laugh:

It's his fault for playing with fear and not calling his own number when he can audible out of a draw or change the play to run it himself. It is also his fault for throwing picks against Dallas and Tampa at the end of the game.

The main problem with not having a GM is that the coach evaluates the player based on not only on his performance but also the reflection on the coach's GM skills. It would be a lot easier for Gibbs to objectively sit JC or Brunell if he hadn't made the moves to bring them in.

I am not calling JC a bust just yet. But he is not a franchise QB by any standard and probably will never be one based on his play so far. However, we need better options behind him than 2 aging qb's in case he continues his regression next year.

We are still in a position to make it to the postseason despite the 1-5 stretch. Hopefully, we have a reason for a qb controversy in the offseason. Will definitely make it more interesting around here.

Your statement merely said that a 1-5 stretch was unacceptable. So Joey T's 0-5 strect was unacceptable as well by your standards. That was also largely the same team to go on and win the Super Bowl the next season.

Also, I didn't know that we are now rooting for The Washington Campbell's. Clearly, Campbell is the sole reason we started 4-2 and then went 1-5.

Why is it you dislike Campbell so much? Sure, he's had his struggles, but you've taken the perception of him to the other spectrum. One that indicates he is the worst QB of all-time. Why is that?

It's his fault for playing with fear and not calling his own number when he can audible out of a draw or change the play to run it himself. It is also his fault for throwing picks against Dallas and Tampa at the end of the game.

The main problem with not having a GM is that the coach evaluates the player based on not only on his performance but also the reflection on the coach's GM skills. It would be a lot easier for Gibbs to objectively sit JC or Brunell if he hadn't made the moves to bring them in.

If you thought playoffs with Campbell this year, you were wrong. Id expect 7-9 to 9-7 for him. Jason got us in the position to win both games. Ok both things went wrong. MJ took hundreds of game ending shots and not all of them went in. Did you forget that Carolina game and the Touchdown there or the game we beat NO? How bout the coaching staff ****ing us over in the Giants game or the Moss fumble?

A young Qb is expected to lose some games that you normally wont lose, but thats where they learn.

Your statement merely said that a 1-5 stretch was unacceptable. So Joey T's 0-5 strect was unacceptable as well by your standards. That was also largely the same team to go on and win the Super Bowl the next season.

Also, I didn't know that we are now rooting for The Washington Campbell's. Clearly, Campbell is the sole reason we started 4-2 and then went 1-5.

Why is it you dislike Campbell so much? Sure, he's had his struggles, but you've taken the perception of him to the other spectrum. One that indicates he is the worst QB of all-time. Why is that?

To be fair I don't think he is saying he is the worst of all time but I get what you're saying. I think the problem is that he is focusing on one specific thing in one specific player without looking at other factors in the team and the good things he has done.

EDIT: He also just makes stuff up sometimes.

The sad thing is that the more pressure you place on JC to be good RIGHT NOW, the less likely it is to happen.

Relax, folks. He's a keeper.

It aint gone happend. People around here have no patience.

They are going to run this boy out of town and he will be picked up by somebody else and Become a great Qb. Watch and see.

I actually don't dislike him. I would love for him to succeed. I don't enjoy watching us lose. I spend way too much time, energy, travel and money on this team year in year out to want anything other than wins for us. But I think we were in a much better position when we let PR go. I would have liked to seen that one play out. Also, I find it funny that the same people that were hammering PR as being a bust play the opposite tune with JC, even though his play is worse.

Archived