Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Show a Little Patience with Campbell Please?

#98QBKiller

Takes too long FOR JC, which is consistent with what scouts said about his low mental capacity and his probable lack of ability to learn a complex scheme. Not Al's fault we drafted an idiot. Can't wait until Collins showcases that an idiot and future backup QB was forced on Saunders.

Last year we go to Redskins football and this year we are back to the same thing that doomed brunell Gibbs/Saunders

TC has almost a 10 yr relationship with Saunders. If he can't run it perfectly, what does that say? You judging it on 1/2 against the bears. Let me see what he does the next 3 games. Ivan Carter, on WPL, covered the Cheifs during their run with Al, even said TC is the man who can do the job for 2-3 games but don't expect him to be the starter.

That's the conclusion scouts came to when they interviewed him and administered football related questions. I'm paraphrasing of course, but they essentially said he was too dumb to be a noteworthy QB.

The same tests that said that Eli would be better than Peyton? :laugh:

Scouts have never been wrong before have they?

Last year we go to Redskins football and this year we are back to the same thing that doomed brunell Gibbs/Saunders

TC has almost a 10 yr relationship with Saunders. If he can't run it perfectly, what does that say? You judging it on 1/2 against the bears. Let me see what he does the next 3 games. Ivan Carter, on WPL, covered the Cheifs during their run with Al, even said TC is the man who can do the job for 2-3 games but don't expect him to be the starter.

TC will serve his purpose by exposing JC as a fraud to the fans. I expect us to draft a quarterback and find our franchise QB WITH Saunders involved in the whole process.

That's the conclusion scouts came to when they interviewed him and administered football related questions. I'm paraphrasing of course, but they essentially said he was too dumb to be a noteworthy QB.

Are these the same scouts that said as much about Dan Marino??

Or the scouts that made Tom Brady a 6th round pick?

Or the scouts that made Montana a third round pick?

Or made Derek Anderson a 6th round pick that the QB starved Ravens waived??

TC will serve his purpose by exposing JC as a fraud to the fans. I expect us to draft a quarterback and find our franchise QB WITH Saunders involved in the whole process.

You really get personal towards JC about this it seems. Did he sleep with your girlfriend or something?

Are these the same scouts that said as much about Dan Marino??

Or the scouts that made Tom Brady a 6th round pick?

Or the scouts that made Montana a third round pick?

Or made Derek Anderson a 6th round pick that the QB starved Ravens waived??

Fantastic. You have 4 EXCEPTIONS after 40+ years of the NFL existing.

Takes too long FOR JC, which is consistent with what scouts said about his low mental capacity and his probable lack of ability to learn a complex scheme. Not Al's fault we drafted an idiot. Can't wait until Collins showcases that an idiot and future backup QB was forced on Saunders.

I don't think he is an idiotic but he is having problems with the system. This is the scary part. if TC walks into the paloffs, AS will have ammo to take to Danny Boy in the offseason. If we end up with a losing season, i think JG will retire. That is when JC's problems start.

Their conclusion wasn't only based on the wonderlic.

What else was it based on? If he's such an idiot, he ramming his head into the wall after a touchdown :gus:

I'm not saying he's a Peyton or Brady, but he's not a low in the dumps qb. He's a first year starter making adjustments in a complex system. The fact that you take such personal shots at him takes away any credibility your argument presents.

What else was it based on? If he's such an idiot, he ramming his head into the wall after a touchdown :gus:

I'm not saying he's a Peyton or Brady, but he's not a low in the dumps qb. He's a first year starter making adjustments in a complex system. The fact that you take such personal shots at him takes away any credibility your argument presents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/29/AR2005052900872.html

If you don't agree that these naysayers seem increasingly correct, than you're the one without objectivity.

4 exceptions to the rule proves very little. You're the joke if you think otherwise.

There are literally thousands of exceptions. Just last year, Devin Hester was considered the dumbest pick of the year because Bears drafted him so high (2nd round) and the ingenious scouts didn't think he should be taken until at least the 2nd day. The scouts only measure the tangibles.

Hey, if we can turn Rypien into a SB QB then we can coach JC. Here are my observations totally opinionated:

POSITIVES: We have a young QB that has decent mobility with a good arm.

NEGATIVES: He fumbles at the touch of a fingernail, doesn't throw timing patterns, stares at his primary receivers, and doesn't put any air under his long passes.

Most of his negatives can be coached and corrected. The one that bothers me the most is the long passes. I call this the Jeff George syndrom. You can't throw the ball fifty yards down field on a rope between two defenders. The players today have too much speed and can make up ground in a hurry. It takes a lot of accuracy to float a ball down field over a defender's head or inbetween a defender and the sideline.

I haven't seen much of this from JC all year that had touch. The only pass I recall, and it wasn't a long pass, was the fourth down call to Cooley against Miami in the endzone.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I hope JC watches and learns. Maybe he will come back a little more humbled. I still think some competition at QB next year would be good for us. We definitely need to find some youth at the backup QB position.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/29/AR2005052900872.html

If you don't agree that these naysayers seem increasingly correct, than you're the one without objectivity.

That article mentions two people. I was thinking you would bring out more scouts tests. Not all scouts agree with every pick. This one has just been magnified because he's a Washington QB.

Lets not forget he also learned 4 different systems in Auburn. You have to be a smart qb to learn and implement all of these in the SEC as a 4 year starter.

That article mentions two people. I was thinking you would bring out more scouts tests. Not all scouts agree with every pick. This one has just been magnified because he's a Washington QB.

Lets not forget he also learned 4 different systems in Auburn. You have to be a smart qb to learn and implement all of these in the SEC as a 4 year starter.

He had very few pass attempts in Auburn. What makes you think he learned an NFL calibre scheme in terms of complexity?

Archived