Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Show a Little Patience with Campbell Please?

#98QBKiller

he could be, on a terrible team like cleveland or oakland, but he wont be doing anything impressive. if another team is stupid enough to have him be a starter i could care less, hes still just a career backup. odds are if he starts somewhere he'll be benched by week 9.

and the only people funnier than campbell supporters are people who think im a brandon lloyd fan. lol

I dunno dude, I think he goes to Carolina if John Fox stays their. He could thrive in that kind of system. Solid Oline, multi pro bowler as WR, tall posession receiver in Muhsin

I dunno dude, I think he goes to Carolina if John Fox stays their. He could thrive in that kind of system. Solid Oline, multi pro bowler as WR, tall posession receiver in Muhsin

not sure fox comes back, but he might do ok there.

still, theyre not gonna win anything with him behind center. they might go 10-6 but having a crappy QB doesnt cut it when the playoffs roll around. he can lean on deangelo williams and john stewart, and throw short screens to smith for big YAC, but when that team is forced to pass the ball in small time windows, he'll fold as usual.

Fox will risk his hot seat last chance with JC as his QB?

Keep telling yourself how much you love JC. He doesn't really mean to abuse you. It is really the fans' fault. If you were a better fan, he would perform much better and not have to lose because of you.

I hate to break it to you---they tried to run a possession, low-pressure system with JC ALREADY.

Al Saunders was one of the great offensive minds of the last two decades. Moss (especially before this year) was one of the top WRs in the league, ESPECIALLY at adjusting to the ball in-flight, which made him a great target for just throwing it downfield and letting him run under it or even jump for it. Portis was a top back, not what he was but up to mid-2008 pretty damn good.

Now some things are out of wack but Muhsin Muhammad is no longer that good---I'd wager the combo of Kelly/Thomas is much better than Muhammad at this point (it's 2009!) and that Moss plus Cooley plus Davis is the equal of Steve Smith.

They have a better running game but we've had a better one here and what did Campbell do? not much.

There IS NO IDEAL situation for Campbell. I KNOW, I just KNOW that even if we had Art Monk and Jerry Rice at wideout with the Hogs, he'd still look worse than Ryp, Theisman, Williams, etc. All of those guys had some quality or several qualities---Theismann was actually a good player, which is overlooked these days. Rypien was a small school product that you can kind of look at as OUR Romo sits to pee. More talented than big school products and he was a REMARKABLE deep ball passer. His window was short because he simply lacked some other skills and made turnovers or bad passes at bad times--simply inconsistent.

Hell, Schroeder was better than Campbell. He took two different teams in two different conferences to conference title games.

He was ruuuunin' down the field...

I was ooooverthrowing passes...

I know my passes look funny, but you can't complain

Devin, I'm not throwing downfield tomorrow

Seems to me, Coach, I done all I can

You see, taking risks is a sorrow

Yeah! That's why I check down

Dream of checkin down on Sunday mornin'

In anticipation of being picked up by the Carolina Panthers, Jason Campbell has put pictures of Steve Smith on the ceiling in his bedroom, in the shower, on his dash in his car, even on the inside of his facemask. He figures he would get a jump on always staring at his #1 receiver. :silly:

The past few weeks, we've seen Campbell through more TDs, INTs, interceptions. We've also seen him throw quicker, more erratic, and has developed a decent relationship with our young kids. They did just drop 24 points on an elite defense, although 7 of them were just an example of our offense being able to capitalize on a mistake, which is still important.

My point is, JC has does done nothing to show us he's the answer. But while we look for our answer, we might as well let him duke it out to show that maybe he's like the rare QBs who can't flourish with just 2 and a half years worth of starting experience. Perhaps he just needs a little time and confidence. In the meantime, we can explore all our options.

Personally, if we allow this WR unit to gel, and build an OL that's at least respectable, we can then plug the QB we believe is going to be the next big thing. That way we can be picky with who we get. I don't want the next QB we get to be the kind of 1st Round talent along the lines of JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey, Brady Quinn, and other mediocre QBs who had nothing but measurables coming out of college. I want someone who has the potential to be a HOFer in the NFL, not just a solid starter.

Did Jason not spend a lot of time at the park trying to get ready for the new year and then come out and completely crap all over himself and the team for the 4th straight year AGAIN?

. . . .

Yet again we find ourselves out of the playoff mix with him there with 5 games to go.

1) Yes

2) We were out of the playoff mix after week 6, losing thrice during a consecutive game stretch against 5 of the worst teams the NFL has seen in decades. Just clearing that up.

];7072622']The past few weeks' date=' we've seen Campbell through more TDs, INTs, interceptions. We've also seen him throw quicker, more erratic, and has developed a decent relationship with our young kids. They did just drop 24 points on an elite defense, although 7 of them were just an example of our offense being able to capitalize on a mistake, which is still important.

My point is, JC has does done nothing to show us he's the answer. But while we look for our answer, we might as well let him duke it out to show that maybe he's like the rare QBs who can't flourish with just 2 and a half years worth of starting experience. Perhaps he just needs a little time and confidence. In the meantime, we can explore all our options.

Personally, if we allow this WR unit to gel, and build an OL that's at least respectable, we can then plug the QB we believe is going to be the next big thing. That way we can be picky with who we get. I don't want the next QB we get to be the kind of 1st Round talent along the lines of JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey, Brady Quinn, and other mediocre QBs who had nothing but measurables coming out of college. I want someone who has the potential to be a HOFer in the NFL, not just a solid starter.[/quote']

He is the worst QB in Redskins history. Name a Redskins QB who lost 28 or more games with the Redskins and was worse.

By he "needs a little time and confidence", what more than 5 years of coddling does the loser need?

Your excuses and arguments are pretty pathetic at this point. Seriously. Your guy failed. He is a failure. Always has been. Always will be in the NFL. Get over it. There is no exploring anything left. He is the worst QB to ever wear a Redskins uniform.

You also thought Mike Williams from USC was going to be a world beater. Didn't work out. Not all guys coming out of college pan out. Most don't fail as badly as JC either, but hey, it is a lesson learned.

He is the worst QB in Redskins history. Name a Redskins QB who lost 28 or more games with the Redskins and was worse.

By he "needs a little time and confidence", what more than 5 years of coddling does the loser need?

Your excuses and arguments are pretty pathetic at this point. Seriously. Your guy failed. He is a failure. Always has been. Always will be in the NFL. Get over it. There is no exploring anything left. He is the worst QB to ever wear a Redskins uniform.

You also thought Mike Williams from USC was going to be a world beater. Didn't work out. Not all guys coming out of college pan out. Most don't fail as badly as JC either, but hey, it is a lesson learned.

You're completely blinded by your hate. All this guy was saying is that you shouldn't dump Campbell until you've actually got something better. I don't think that's a ridiculous plan at all, and I don't think Campbell is the only player on our offense. When you get desperate to replace a guy, you usually end up plugging in someone who's worse (like Jay Cutler, for example).

Heath Shuler was worse. Not sure if he played in 28 games or not...but he was the worst starting QB EVER for the Skins.

Heath started 13 games as a rookie and 2nd year player on a horrid team. He was 4-9. 30.8% win percentage.

Jason Campbel is 4-9 in his last 13. With a loss on Sunday he will be 3-10 in his last 13.

JC is 5-14 over his last 19, a 26.3% win percentage

So it takes 13 games to judge a top 10 pick at QB, yet it takes 5 plus years to judge the current loser?

It is 47 starts and 28 losses. Not 28 games.

You're completely blinded by your hate. All this guy was saying is that you shouldn't dump Campbell until you've actually got something better. I don't think that's a ridiculous plan at all, and I don't think Campbell is the only player on our offense. When you get desperate to replace a guy, you usually end up plugging in someone who's worse (like Jay Cutler, for example).

Jason is the worst ever to wear a Skins uniform. Anyone else from a probability perspective is going to be better. There is no need to wait to get someone better, any QB off of the street will do.

Jason is the worst ever to wear a Skins uniform. Anyone else from a probability perspective is going to be better. There is no need to wait to get someone better, any QB off of the street will do.

We should sign Spergon Wynn! Now I'll wait as you dig up some stats to prove how he's better than JC. And I know you will.

\Jason is the worst ever to wear a Skins uniform. Anyone else from a probability perspective is going to be better. There is no need to wait to get someone better, any QB off of the street will do.

Unfortunately - Agreed.

I think most people here agree too. The problem is that many people are in denial and don't want to go through the time and headache that finding a new QB is.

Reality is reality though. JC simply is not NFL starting material.

:point2sky That's the fact, I am so done hoping and waiting for nothing out of him. Wait till GW is done with him Sunday, you will see every flaw this man has, and there are many.

Heath started 13 games as a rookie and 2nd year player on a horrid team. He was 4-9. 30.8% win percentage.

Jason Campbel is 4-9 in his last 13. With a loss on Sunday he will be 3-10 in his last 13.

JC is 5-14 over his last 19, a 26.3% win percentage

So it takes 13 games to judge a top 10 pick at QB, yet it takes 5 plus years to judge the current loser?

It is 47 starts and 28 losses. Not 28 games.

First, I agree that JC has had more than enough time to prove himself. I agree he needs to go. But, if Heath Shuler had been given the opportunities (ie 5 years worth of starts) JC has been given, his record would have been worse. I know what I saw with my eyes. Shuler was just horrible. If I had to pick a QB on today's team and it was between Shuler then and JC now, I'd pick JC. That is all I am saying.

While I agree with your point and think it is hilarious that fans believe Todd Collins is better than JC based on one half of football I ask you to take your own advice. It is just as hilarious to project JC as an "elite" QB anytime in the near future. Have I liked his play, sure. Has he made some plays? Sure. Has he blown some plays? Sure. Has he proven to be a "bust" QB? Hell no. Has he proved he can be an "elite" QB? Hell NO! What he has proved is that he will be a viable option at the QB position and has a bright future IF he is able to fix some parts of his game. He has proved he is worth the effort and time to develop as long as he progresses in the future. Mainly this offseason and into next season.

I just don't understand why everything needs to be so black and white with people. There is a possibility that JC will be a very good QB. There is also an equal possibility that he will not become close to that. The answer will be found in time. The question is, how much time? I say we wait until the end of next year and see where we are at. This is not a discussion for this season at all. :2cents:

For now, we root like crazy for Todd Collins and hope we win out and make a playoff run. All while, we pray that JC heals and does not rush back before he is ready. Comes back next season and hopefully proves the naysayers all wrong with better performances! :applause:

why does this sound so much like a post from last season? and the season before?

campbell is the biggest reason we suck, and why we have sucked.

since 2005:

our record when campbell starts: 18-28

our record when someone else starts: 17-12

I think you don't understand the difference between correlation and causation. I realize that a lot of fans want to pin our woes on one or two people, but that's just not realistic. We have questionable talent on offense (and that's being generous) and, until recently, questionable playcalling. Jason has made his fair share of mistakes, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's largely to blame for our problems over the past few years.

Campbell is not a playmaker. Campbell does not appear to be capable of taking mediocre players and making them look like all-pros. Campbell is not a franchise quarterback. Campbell is not a very good quarterback. However, Campbell is a decent quarterback and, when given good protection, can be quite effective. I'd like a better quarterback and, hopefully, we'll find one soon. I just think this "he's the worstest quarterback in the world" crap is total garbage.

Archived