Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Show a Little Patience with Campbell Please?

#98QBKiller

So, Jason missed two kicks too?

no, jason threw 0 touchdowns.

i know youre in the "lets blame everybody else" club, but at some point you have to look at the guy in charge. campbell leaves TONS of plays on the field every game, and many of us are sick of him doing this, and not making up for them with big plays later.

im not even sure campbell has ever led a game winning drive in the final moments of a game. in like 47 starts, hes never done this once.

Really? Do you not remember when he was here before?

he never took a snap here. in 2007 in 9 games, he threw more TDs than campbell has in a 16 game season.

id rather have sage rosenfels as our QB. its really not difficult to make safe short throws, hand the ball off, and lean on your defense. if thats all some of you want in campbell, theres 100 guys out there that can do that.

pennington would be 100x better than campbell in this offense. some of you act like replacing captain checkdown would be some difficult task.

i know youre in the "lets blame everybody else" club, but at some point you have to look at the guy in charge. campbell leaves TONS of plays on the field every game, and many of us are sick of him doing this, and not making up for them with big plays later.

im not even sure campbell has ever led a game winning drive in the final moments of a game. in like 47 starts, hes never done this once.

Some games just aren't made up of touchdowns, JC may not have won the game for us, but he sure wasn't the one who lost it for us. Once again, the D let up at the final moments of the game and lost it for us.

Putting Campbell behind a better O-line wouldn't mask his inabilities, it would let us see his ability. You guys seem to forget that this is a team sport, not one person can do it alone, but you expect Campbell to pull off some type of magic every game behind a broken O-line. Many people have said this here before: If Brady/Manning/Favre/Brees were behind a broken O-Line, they wouldn't be able to pull out wins either.

It's funny how someone that blames only Campbell will criticize me for blaming everyone else. I see when Campbell messes up just like the next fan. I see when Campbell messes up, but unlike you, I'm not going to blame him for not getting time in the pocket or receivers dropping balls. It's like me blaming Santana Moss for not catching an overthrown ball. And that's what a lot of you JC haters did at the end of the Dallas game when he had no time at all. That is really what pissed me off about the lot of you.

Some games just aren't made up of touchdowns, JC may not have won the game for us, but he sure wasn't the one who lost it for us. Once again, the D let up at the final moments of the game and lost it for us.

Putting Campbell behind a better O-line wouldn't mask his inabilities, it would let us see his ability. You guys seem to forget that this is a team sport, not one person can do it alone, but you expect Campbell to pull off some type of magic every game behind a broken O-line. Many people have said this here before: If Brady/Manning/Favre/Brees were behind a broken O-Line, they wouldn't be able to pull out wins either.

so youre telling me weve never seen campbell play with a healthy oline, except for one stretch of games in the 2008 season? and even during that stretch campbell had plenty of forgettable performances (cleveland, philly, NYG, rams)?

its not all on him, but it STARTS with him. a QB makes the offense go, not the oline. this isnt 1984, you cant just build the hogs and stick scrubs behind the line and get away with it anymore.

It's funny how someone that blames only Campbell will criticize me for blaming everyone else. I see when Campbell messes up just like the next fan. I see when Campbell messes up, but unlike you, I'm not going to blame him for not getting time in the pocket or receivers dropping balls. It's like me blaming Santana Moss for not catching an overthrown ball. And that's what a lot of you JC haters did at the end of the Dallas game when he had no time at all. That is really what pissed me off about the lot of you.

right, i think our oline is great and our coaching is amazing, and its all just jason campbell. i say that in every post. lol

it starts with campbell. campbell is garbage. fixing the oline wont fix that hes garbage. it might mask his garbage and we might get away with it for a few more games, but at the end of the day hes still garbage.

hes a backup QB.

Don't underestimate Campbell. Finding a QB equally bad would probably take a lifetime.

lol, im not sure a team has ever stuck with a bad QB for this long. even the worst 1st round draft picks didnt end up with 50+ starts on the same team for consecutive years.

and i apologize for sending that PM 4 times, the system was moving slow and kept saying it wasnt sending, and i looked later and it went through 4 times lol. give me 50 tries, ill get it.

he never took a snap here. in 2007 in 9 games, he threw more TDs than campbell has in a 16 game season.

id rather have sage rosenfels as our QB. its really not difficult to make safe short throws, hand the ball off, and lean on your defense. if thats all some of you want in campbell, theres 100 guys out there that can do that.

pennington would be 100x better than campbell in this offense. some of you act like replacing captain checkdown would be some difficult task.

Some of us are just so sick of changing personnel and starting over every couple of years. If it doesn't work by year two, just keep changing personnel and it's going to keep us as bottom dwellers. Why can't my team do things the right way for once?

I'm sorry the D couldn't hold Dallas to zero points. You're right. The loss is all on them.

right, i think our oline is great and our coaching is amazing, and its all just jason campbell. i say that in every post. lol

it starts with campbell. campbell is garbage. fixing the oline wont fix that hes garbage. it might mask his garbage and we might get away with it for a few more games, but at the end of the day hes still garbage.

hes a backup QB.

Yes, you say that in almost every post. You couldn't even resist when talking about other aspects in this post. It could be about the 1999 Skins and you will find a way to incorporate Campbell into the discussion.

Some of us are just so sick of changing personnel and starting over every couple of years. If it doesn't work by year two, just keep changing personnel and it's going to keep us as bottom dwellers. Why can't my team do things the right way for once?

year two??? campbells been the starting since the end of 06. this will be the end of his 4th season.

you really think you need THAT many games to evaluate a QB?

i guess the chargers should have stuck with ryan leaf, he got the short end of the stick. if only he'd had more time!!

Yes, you say that in almost every post. You couldn't even resist when talking about other aspects in this post. It could be about the 1999 Skins and you will find a way to incorporate Campbell into the discussion.

hmm, let me try.

in 1999 we had a skins QB throw for 4000 yards and 20+ TDs, accomplishments campbell will only achieve on his Xbox.

that work for ya?

So the freaking weather can be an excuse but the ****ty O-line can't. :doh:

the weather is a constant variable for both teams. eli and collins were throwing into the wind. collins happened to perform better in the poor conditions than eli did.

but wait, i thought our oline was terrible in 2007? how did collins do this? quick, make up an excuse!

Dude, if Cambell isn't here next year. He will be starting on another team. I wish i actually knew you personally brandon lloyd christmas so I could put big bucks on it. By the way, brandon lloyd sucks

he could be, on a terrible team like cleveland or oakland, but he wont be doing anything impressive. if another team is stupid enough to have him be a starter i could care less, hes still just a career backup. odds are if he starts somewhere he'll be benched by week 9.

and the only people funnier than campbell supporters are people who think im a brandon lloyd fan. lol

the weather is a constant variable for both teams. eli and collins were throwing into the wind. collins happened to perform better in the poor conditions than eli did.

but wait, i thought our oline was terrible in 2007? how did collins do this? quick, make up an excuse!

The weather is a variable in that one game. I didn't say that the o-line was terrible in 07...that was 08. But in the games that JC played, he had us leading in every one except TB, NE, and PHI.

So now that the blame isn't sticking to the defense you're going to pin it on the Special Teams?! Yeah the kicker went 2-4 on field goals. JC went 0-11 on touchdowns. You tell me which one's worse.

I blamed both. Oh is that new to you? Did you read my posts? It's funny how people jump into threads and then don't read prior posts when they call people out. :doh:

Archived