Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Show a Little Patience with Campbell Please?

#98QBKiller

I get the feeling that some people have become lazy and impatient in this "immediate-gratification, fast-food" type of society we live in.

99% of QBs don't just come out and start their first season and win a Super Bowl and break records and become dominate without

A) time on the bench

and

B) In-game experience. And a lot of that is dictated by your coaching staff, how much responsibility they want you to have and how fast they want to work you.

Go to NFL.com and look at Carson Palmer's first season starting in the NFL, he played 13 games just like Jason did this year and his stats are nearly identical.

Look at Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's, Ben Roethlisberger's, Donovan McNabb's, Matt Hasselbeck's, and Tony Romo sits to pee's stats on NFL.com in their first year starting 13 or more games and tell me what you see.

Look at their yardage, their average yards per pass, their completion percentage, their rating, their TD/INT ratio, their fumbles, their rushing yards, their sacks, their yards lost when sacked, their attempts and completions and then look at Campbell's and you'll see he's not too far away from any of these players in their beginnings.

Then once you realize that take into consideration who they had playing for them, did they have a Marvin Harrison, a Chad Johnson, a TO, a Plaxico Burress? Did they have a healthy OL? Did they have an aggressive coach or a conservative one?

What was their record that year? Manning went 3-13 with the Colts his first year, while Big Ben won all of his games.

Where would the Colts be if they dumped Manning after leading them to 3-13, and throwing 28 picks in 1998?

Let's go back a little, where would the Cowboys have been in the 90s if they dumped Troy Aikman after they went 1-15 his first year?

Campbell has what it takes to be a great QB in the NFL all he has to do is continue working hard at it. He needs to work on securing the ball when sacked, throwing picks when he's trying to rally back for a game-winner, and just continue to learn this offense inside and out so the coaches take off his cuffs and stop trying to milk the clock when we have the lead.

If he takes care of these three things there's nothing to stop him from being an elite QB.

i personally think this injury couldnt have come at a better time.

Have you ever watch someone do a job, then you give it a try, and it isn't quite as easy at it looked?

I have also noticed, if I step back , watch someone else do it and give it another shot, it is soooo much easier. Now, we ain't talking be ing an NFL qb in my expirience....

Just sayin'

I can't stand it when people make rash comments basically calling for Campbells head. It shows a fan base that doesn't understand football, and doesn't know that it takes time for a young guy like Campbell to be productive like the Peytons, Like the Romo sits to pee's. Romo sits to pee didn't get this good overnight. He was one the bench and also played in different leagues from what I understand.

I get the feeling that some people have become lazy and impatient in this "immediate-gratification, fast-food" type of society we live in.

99% of QBs don't just come out and start their first season and win a Super Bowl and break records and become dominate without

A) time on the bench

and

B) In-game experience. And a lot of that is dictated by your coaching staff, how much responsibility they want you to have and how fast they want to work you.

Go to NFL.com and look at Carson Palmer's first season starting in the NFL, he played 13 games just like Jason did this year and his stats are nearly identical.

Look at Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's, Ben Roethlisberger's, Donovan McNabb's, Matt Hasselbeck's, and Tony Romo sits to pee's stats on NFL.com in their first year starting 13 or more games and tell me what you see.

Look at their yardage, their average yards per pass, their completion percentage, their rating, their TD/INT ratio, their fumbles, their rushing yards, their sacks, their yards lost when sacked, their attempts and completions and then look at Campbell's and you'll see he's not too far away from any of these players in their beginnings.

Then once you realize that take into consideration who they had playing for them, did they have a Marvin Harrison, a Chad Johnson, a TO, a Plaxico Burress? Did they have a healthy OL? Did they have an aggressive coach or a conservative one?

What was their record that year? Manning went 3-13 with the Colts his first year, while Big Ben won all of his games.

Where would the Colts be if they dumped Manning after leading them to 3-13, and throwing 28 picks in 1998?

Let's go back a little, where would the Cowboys have been in the 90s if they dumped Troy Aikman after they went 1-15 his first year?

Campbell has what it takes to be a great QB in the NFL all he has to do is continue working hard at it. He needs to work on securing the ball when sacked, throwing picks when he's trying to rally back for a game-winner, and just continue to learn this offense inside and out so the coaches take off his cuffs and stop trying to milk the clock when we have the lead.

If he takes care of these three things there's nothing to stop him from being an elite QB.

While I agree with your point and think it is hilarious that fans believe Todd Collins is better than JC based on one half of football I ask you to take your own advice. It is just as hilarious to project JC as an "elite" QB anytime in the near future. Have I liked his play, sure. Has he made some plays? Sure. Has he blown some plays? Sure. Has he proven to be a "bust" QB? Hell no. Has he proved he can be an "elite" QB? Hell NO! What he has proved is that he will be a viable option at the QB position and has a bright future IF he is able to fix some parts of his game. He has proved he is worth the effort and time to develop as long as he progresses in the future. Mainly this offseason and into next season.

I just don't understand why everything needs to be so black and white with people. There is a possibility that JC will be a very good QB. There is also an equal possibility that he will not become close to that. The answer will be found in time. The question is, how much time? I say we wait until the end of next year and see where we are at. This is not a discussion for this season at all. :2cents:

For now, we root like crazy for Todd Collins and hope we win out and make a playoff run. All while, we pray that JC heals and does not rush back before he is ready. Comes back next season and hopefully proves the naysayers all wrong with better performances! :applause:

i personally think this injury couldnt have come at a better time.

Have you ever watch someone do a job, then you give it a try, and it isn't quite as easy at it looked?

I have also noticed, if I step back , watch someone else do it and give it another shot, it is soooo much easier. Now, we ain't talking be ing an NFL qb in my expirience....

Just sayin'

totally agree with this, I mentioned this earlier in another thread. Someone said they wanted to try and bring Campbell back in this season should we make a run. Makes no sense, if anything about this season is done, it is JC. And if by some miracle TC was able to win these three game sfor us, it would make even less sense to pull him out of the lineup.

JC needs to just heal up, and maybe sitting back and watching a VET work in this system will help him learn a little bit more about some things he needs to improve on.

JC needs to focus on getting healthy and ready to take the next step next year.

He is 1-5 in his last 6 games. There was plenty of patience when he was 2-5 last year, but the regression in wins and choking game after game away has built up. A 3rd year QB, even in his 1st year as starter, should not have a 1-5 stretch as the QB for the Skins. There is no excuse for it.

He is 1-5 in his last 6 games. There was plenty of patience when he was 2-5 last year, but the regression in wins and choking game after game away has built up. A 3rd year QB, even in his 1st year as starter, should not have a 1-5 stretch as the QB for the Skins. There is no excuse for it.

It doesn't matter. MarK brunell was 2-6 in 2005 but he didn't get his job yanked. There are more pressing problems in washignton than the QB

While I agree with your point and think it is hilarious that fans believe Todd Collins is better than JC based on one half of football I ask you to take your own advice. It is just as hilarious to project JC as an "elite" QB anytime in the near future. Have I liked his play, sure. Has he made some plays? Sure. Has he blown some plays? Sure. Has he proven to be a "bust" QB? Hell no. Has he proved he can be an "elite" QB? Hell NO! What he has proved is that he will be a viable option at the QB position and has a bright future IF he is able to fix some parts of his game. He has proved he is worth the effort and time to develop as long as he progresses in the future. Mainly this offseason and into next season.

I just don't understand why everything needs to be so black and white with people. There is a possibility that JC will be a very good QB. There is also an equal possibility that he will not become close to that. The answer will be found in time. The question is, how much time? I say we wait until the end of next year and see where we are at. This is not a discussion for this season at all. :2cents:

For now, we root like crazy for Todd Collins and hope we win out and make a playoff run. All while, we pray that JC heals and does not rush back before he is ready. Comes back next season and hopefully proves the naysayers all wrong with better performances! :applause:

I didn't project him to be an elite QB in the near future. I said there's nothing stopping him from being an elite QB if he can fix the problems I mentioned. And I don't think there's anything "hilarious" about saying that, I believe that's a true statement.

A) time on the bench

and

As soon as he took his first snap in last year's Tampa game, i told myself I'm willing to wait for him to progress. I stand by that. I want to see him grow into a very good qb and am willing to wait. He's still young, and thankfully so am I, so I have time. :D

It doesn't matter. MarK brunell was 2-6 in 2006 but he didn't get his job yanked. There are more pressing problems in washignton than the QB

If we make the playoffs, then there is no more pressing problems than QB.

Brunell actually did get his job yanked. Do you not remember Campbell playing last year?

How much patience did Gibbs show with PR? JC has had 100 times more of Gibbs patience, yet he pays him back by choking away games that would put us in the playoffs.

If we make the playoffs, then there is no more pressing problems than QB.

Brunell actually did get his job yanked. Do you not remember Campbell playing last year?

How much patience did Gibbs show with PR? JC has had 100 times more of Gibbs patience, yet he pays him back by choking away games that would put us in the playoffs.

Sorry I meant in 2005. Who cares how much patience he showed with Ramsey? Ramsey was already cut by us and the Jets and now is a backup in denver. Why mess with another person's trash? Gibbs brought in his QB

Archived