Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#53 Does he still have it?

brandymac27

I have always been a huge fan of MW, and, for the record, I still am. I think he is one of the most enthusiastic players we have, always getting the other players and fans pumped up. But this season, I have noticed that he isn't getting as much media attention..well, attention period, yet he still goes out on the field and plays his heart out every game. Do you think that Fletch has stolen the spotlight a bit (Fletch is a monster on the field), or do you think that the MW frenzy has ended?

his play has been subpar at times this year. However, at other times he has been an absolute stud. He was awesome last night. He is still our most effective blitzer on the team

I also think that LF has stolen some of the spotlight. With good reason too

He's been playing this entire season with a dislocated elbow guys. He's got to get surgery after the season's over. He'll be back in top shape by next season.

Exactly. I think the injury has really hampered him. But I like the guy even more, having watched him battle through it.

I think he definitely does still have it. I think our defense is noticeably for the worse when he's not out there. He has some big cap numbers though and has been fighting injuries - his future here could be up for debate soon amongst the FO.

Couldn't agree more! The kid has heart. Can you imagine him playing for an opposing team? Scary thought. Almost as scary as ST playing for another team. Despite his injuries, #53 should stay a Skin...to the end.

He's been playing a little hurt, and has been since 2006. The bigger concern is will injuries do him in for the long run.

If you're asking if he's the same player he was in 2004-2005, then no, he hasn't. But that's partially due to injuries. When he's not on the field as much, and when we're not winning, the media doesn't spend much time on former banged up leaders.

He's been playing a little hurt, and has been since 2006. The bigger concern is will injuries do him in for the long run.

If you're asking if he's the same player he was in 2004-2005, then no, he hasn't. But that's partially due to injuries. When he's not on the field as much, and when we're not winning, the media doesn't spend much time on former banged up leaders.

You're right. But I don't see any reason why Marcus shouldn't get the same props as Jacoby playing with a broken hand, or any of our other warriors who have gutted out painful injuries to give everything they have.

Course, part of the problem is that Jacoby played on great teams, and Marcus has been stuck on a team hovering around .500 (or worse) while he's been here. Still, like I said, I love the dude, and coming back so quickly after shredding his elbow just solidifies that.

Also, I don't think the media (to use a blanket statement) necessarily realize that the Deacon Jones' (playing on a broken leg) still exist. But they do. Today's players are every bit as tough as those guys from bygone eras, whether we choose to believe it or not.

I agree with others. I think he still has despite the injury he's playing with. His play in the second half of the Bears game stands out some as an example. Thinking that maybe the extra 3 days the Skins have before the next game are going to help him,(as well as other players), and we just may see even more of him against the Giants.

Bottom line, the D is better when he is in the game, even with the injuries, than when he is on the bench, that is all that really matters. He makes the D better regardless of how much his name gets called

That is exacily what I was thinking.The Defense seems to play at a higher level when he is on the field.It is not only his physical presence but his leadership skills and enthusiasim that are a major component to the success of this Defense.

Archived