Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite player of All-Time???

boxerlover29

It was always Art Monk for me, as a kid I would sit as close to the TV as I could and watch him in awe. Nowadays it was Taylor, watched him play since his freshman year at UM and I knew he was gonna be destined for stardom, unfortunately we only got to see the beginning of what would have been the best FS of all-time

From my early years it was Charley Taylor, but when I was choosing a jersey it was 44. I think it's likely that most Skins fans around my age have a warm spot for the guy. The way he played, the way he enjoyed himself, the way he liked to extract retribution from defenders, and of course that play in Superbowl XVII will be in my mental video for ever.

Art Monk #1

Darrell Green #2

My uncle had some connections when I was a kid. He used to get me in the press area outside the locker room at RFK after the game. I would go around shaking everyones hand and getting autographs. My unlce also used to live next to Art Monk. A pond separated their houses. I would always see Art out there fishing in the pond so I went out there once to fish and intentionally got my hook stuck in some branches. Sure enough, Art comes over to help me! My plan worked. He asked me if I was catching anything, I said no, so he let me use one of his rods. He had a fishing rod for every bait he wanted to use. This was in 87, I was 11 years old at the time. I asked him if they were going to the superbowl that year and he said absolutely. He was right! By the way, I caught a HUGE bass and got a picture taken with him. Very nice man. Art will always be my favorite player.

Great story! I carried his football card with me for years, just in case I ran into him I'd be ready for an autograph! :laugh:

But, DG is probably my favorite. Only jersey I own.

If i were to have a top 5 all time it would look like this:

1. Walter Payton- God i loved watching him blow DB's and LB's up with that viscious straight arm.

2. Earl Campbell- Pure power and excitement every time he touched the ball.

3. Barry Sanders- Best of all time.

4. Darryl Green- Not only one of the greatest football players ever, but a class act as well.

5. Sean Taylor- It always amused me to see the recievers shorten their arms on catches over the middle. Meast was aptly named.

I got made-fun-of last year when I told my die-hard Skins family that my favorite player was Taylor... I have said my favorite player was Green for what seems like forever (and now seems like a short time).

They keep saying, what? Green, Taylor, Monk... what????

Truth is, although I do have my FAVORITES, I will always have my favorites.

I love the Redskins. Heck, when I was a young'un Eric Yarbur signed my Wheaties box. And he was my favorite for a minute. (a minute)

I know most of you will hate that... but I love this team, I can't remember a time when I didn't.

I can't remember a time that I didn't don the white veil and marry a Redskin.

I can't remember a time that I didn't wish upon wishes that I could go back, be a dude, and make the team.

Sorry, got distracted.

My favorite player was Green.

I've only been watching football for about 6 yrs been a Skins fan for about 5yrs I guess. So, I missed all the Hogs, Riggins, etc. days. My favorite player was and probably always wil be Sean Taylor. I think he was the best and most exciting player to watch. I love and miss him very much. Marcus Washington is my second favorite player. I love the energy he brings.

Originally Posted by speardog1

Art Monk #1

Darrell Green #2

My uncle had some connections when I was a kid. He used to get me in the press area outside the locker room at RFK after the game. I would go around shaking everyones hand and getting autographs. My unlce also used to live next to Art Monk. A pond separated their houses. I would always see Art out there fishing in the pond so I went out there once to fish and intentionally got my hook stuck in some branches. Sure enough, Art comes over to help me! My plan worked. He asked me if I was catching anything, I said no, so he let me use one of his rods. He had a fishing rod for every bait he wanted to use. This was in 87, I was 11 years old at the time. I asked him if they were going to the superbowl that year and he said absolutely. He was right! By the way, I caught a HUGE bass and got a picture taken with him. Very nice man. Art will always be my favorite player.

Great story! I carried his football card with me for years, just in case I ran into him I'd be ready for an autograph! :laugh:

But, DG is probably my favorite. Only jersey I own.

That was a cool story, Monk has always been a class act, but I'm wondering...I know he caught almost anything thrown at him in the NFL, but was he catching any fish in the pond?

Archived