Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite player of All-Time???

boxerlover29

Bobby Mitchell. He went through so much pressure of being the first black player for the Redskins, yet showed grace and dignity on and off the field. It still burns me that Snyder allowed his #49, which was supposed to be "retired," to be worn by a rookie.

Wish I could've seen Sonny, Kilmer, Baugh, Bobby Mitchell, even Riggins (i only have a few flittering memories of watching him in the twilight of his career, around '84-85).

Here's my top ten, starting with my all-time fav, Monk:

1. Art Monk

2. Darrell Green

3. Gary Clark

4. Charles Mann

5. Joe Jacoby

6. Russ Grimm

7. Dexter Manley

8. Jeff Bostic

9. Sean Taylor (the only redskin in the past 15 years to make my top ten, though Cooley is getting close)

10. Mark Rypien

I really love Gary Clark when I first started watching football. He was my favorite out of the posse. There is only one person I will ever be able to say from now on, and that is the beast from the big east, Mr. Sean Taylor. I am a Hurricane fan, so naturally getting three of them on the skins was great. But I loved the fact that I knew no matter who was on the other team for an opposing fan to brag about, all I had to say was "Don't let Sean get to him, it won't be pretty." It was the style of play, so rough and mean. And the fact that nobody could argue how good he was, they all knew it!!! He will in my heart be the greatest Redskins I ever watched!

In an age when many football 'superstars' are kinda bland or try too hard to be 'crazy' it has to be someone old school therefore my vote is...

John Riggins - he was that perferct combination of superb player and maverick, the kinda guy you'd wanna hang out with because you knew it'd be fun. :cool:

second would be: JoeTheismann - Yeah he can be kinda annoying and may not be the greatest QB in history but I like his honest style, and he tells a good story. :D

Closing in: Art Monk, Gary Clark, Darrell Green, Manley etc basically the usual suspects.

Honorary mention has to go to ST as he had all the tools.

Of course this is always subjective as one guys hero is another guys drunk... ;)

barry sanders.He was and still is the most exciting football player i've ever seen. Growing up I wanted to see what he would do next. Whats even more surprising is that even now almost a decade after he left the game, there is still no one out there that can do what he did. every once in awhile you'll see a kick return or even an Adrian Peterson run that kinda resembles the flair, but only for a second and then its gone........but favorite redskin- DB #28

Joe Jacoby

Following his career at Louisville, Jacoby was snubbed in the NFL draft before signing a free agent contract with the NFL’s Washington Redskins

Height: 6' 7'' Weight: 300

4-time Pro Bowler: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986

Perhaps Jacoby’s most memorable moment was being the lead blocker on Redskins running back John Riggins’ famous touchdown run which iced Washington’s Super Bowl XVII victory over the Miami Dolphins in 1983.

joejacoby2.jpg

Archived