Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite player of All-Time???

boxerlover29

Art Monk #1

Darrell Green #2

My uncle had some connections when I was a kid. He used to get me in the press area outside the locker room at RFK after the game. I would go around shaking everyones hand and getting autographs. My unlce also used to live next to Art Monk. A pond separated their houses. I would always see Art out there fishing in the pond so I went out there once to fish and intentionally got my hook stuck in some branches. Sure enough, Art comes over to help me! My plan worked. He asked me if I was catching anything, I said no, so he let me use one of his rods. He had a fishing rod for every bait he wanted to use. This was in 87, I was 11 years old at the time. I asked him if they were going to the superbowl that year and he said absolutely. He was right! By the way, I caught a HUGE bass and got a picture taken with him. Very nice man. Art will always be my favorite player.

#65 Dave Butz! The most underrated nose tackled to ever play the game.

AMEN! Always had his best games against Dallas. I remember he once caught Tony Dorsett from behind after a screen past. Dorsett turned around, saw Butz had caught him and slammed the ball to the turf in disgust as if he say, "He caught me?"

Art Monk #1

Darrell Green #2

My uncle had some connections when I was a kid. He used to get me in the press area outside the locker room at RFK after the game. I would go around shaking everyones hand and getting autographs. My unlce also used to live next to Art Monk. A pond separated their houses. I would always see Art out there fishing in the pond so I went out there once to fish and intentionally got my hook stuck in some branches. Sure enough, Art comes over to help me! My plan worked. He asked me if I was catching anything, I said no, so he let me use one of his rods. He had a fishing rod for every bait he wanted to use. This was in 87, I was 11 years old at the time. I asked him if they were going to the superbowl that year and he said absolutely. He was right! By the way, I caught a HUGE bass and got a picture taken with him. Very nice man. Art will always be my favorite player.

That's a GREAT story! And it sounds like something he'd do. Thanks for sharing!

Its hard to narrow down. I always liked Pat Fischer, Green, and Monk. But since Taylor came aboard, he had a way of exciting the crowd, even on the road, with a booming hit. He never got the chance to play on a championship team, even though we had a real good shot in 2005, but he never mailed it in and always gave 100%.

No question in my mind, Sean Taylor. I would have said this before he passed away. It was just crazy watchin Taylor play. He was always around the ball. When we played Greenbay this season, it was crazy watchin Taylor run from id field way down frield and intercept Farves pass to a wide open reciever. He would make you think twice about runnin his way.

AMEN! Always had his best games against Dallas. I remember he once caught Tony Dorsett from behind after a screen past. Dorsett turned around, saw Butz had caught him and slammed the ball to the turf in disgust as if he say, "He caught me?"

That was the '83 "Fatigues" game in Dallas. I remember that play like it was yesterday. :cheers:

Sonny Jurgensen.

I was born kinda near the end of the Baby Boomer generation. On the street I grew up on, there were a lot of kids right around the same age. When we all got together to play football, I always had to be the QB so I could be Sonny.

When I got into high school, I wanted to play QB on the freshman team. The coach took one look at me and said, "You're a little too big to play QB. We need you on the line, son". :laugh:

Considering we ran the veer and didn't throw the ball much, it was probably a good idea. During a scrimmage one day, we were actually running a pass play. I was playing LG. The QB dropped back and got hit when the RT whiffed on his block. He got spun around and the ball popped up into the air over to me. I took off toward the line of scrimmage and, just before I got there, I saw our receiver wide open. I threw the ball and it hit him right in the hands. He was at the 10 yard line and would have scored easily but..............he dropped it. Even with my fingers taped, it was a nice tight 20 yard spiral. I never let him live that down.

The coach just laughed and said, "You just had to find a way to throw a pass this year".

Favorite all time player is Barry Sanders. The guy had perhaps one of the worst lines in football and yet he was still amazing. If you put him on the Cowboys and put Emmit on the lions, we would have never heard of Emmit Smith and we would be discussing how Sanders is the all-time rushing leader and how nobody will ever catch him.

However, if we are talking Skins, I have to say a three way tie between Monk, Green, and now Cooley.

I really wish I could say Slingin Sammy, but I never had a chance to watch him play :(

CRT3, Porkskins and Jimbo hit it right on the head, tho I'm shocked that the thread was a couple of pages long before he got mentioned, but it's gotta be the greatest quarterback of ALL TIME (how's that for hyperbole?)....

SONNY JURGENSEN!!!!!!

Ya gotta love a guy who would draw plays in the dirt inside the huddle.

Archived