Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Debate Series: Who's Faster Darrell Green or Devin Hester?

OxonHillSkinsFan89

Do you have a link?

no sir, i watched it on tv though. i believe it was the 05 probowl weekend. they had a few players talk about watchin DG growing up and how he owned the fastest man competition. i'll try to find one for you.

no sir, i watched it on tv though. i believe it was the 05 probowl weekend. they had a few players talk about watchin DG growing up and how he owned the fastest man competition. i'll try to find one for you.

Cool, I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to see a youtube clip or article. I can't find anything on fastest man competitions through google at all myself. Thanks.

Green was supposed to go to the Olympics. When asked he said that he was faster than Carl Lewis. Hester is the darling of the day now, but there are a lot of fast players. Hester is world class no doubt, but Green was world record fast. He had a hood on at George Mason when he was 40 and was running around the track. The coach of the track team chased him down to see if he'd join the track team and then realized who it was. That's how good he still is. I bet Green could train and still beat Hester.

There was only one guy in the NFL who could compete with Darrel Green in a foot race and that was Ron Brown. He is the only person I ever saw beat Darrel in a footrace on the football field. Remember Desmond Howard, he was a great return man he had good speed but not great speed. Returns are more instinct, and blocking than speed.

Green was supposed to go to the Olympics. When asked he said that he was faster than Carl Lewis. Hester is the darling of the day now, but there are a lot of fast players. Hester is world class no doubt, but Green was world record fast. He had a hood on at George Mason when he was 40 and was running around the track. The coach of the track team chased him down to see if he'd join the track team and then realized who it was. That's how good he still is. I bet Green could train and still beat Hester.

I wouldn't be surprised. I think he could come out of a retirement and still be a valid cornerback in the NFL. Might be a little fragile from age but he can still outrun the best of them.

Cool, I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to see a youtube clip or article. I can't find anything on fastest man competitions through google at all myself. Thanks.

yeah i know, it's cool. lol how about we say he's still undefeated because since he was retired, the last one doesn't count? anyway, i still haven't found a link to the fastest man competition, but here's a pretty good link of him in the legends game.

yeah i know, it's cool. lol how about we say he's still undefeated because since he was retired, the last one doesn't count? anyway, i still haven't found a link to the fastest man competition, but here's a pretty good link of him in the legends game.

At that same event he competed in the 40yard dash (against current players). He made it to the finals but lost to Allen Rossum (might have been D. Hall) and Andre Johnson but that is not bad considering he was 44.

Didnt Bo Jackson run like a 4.18?

And I wouldnt be so quick to write off DG's sub 4.2 time either. Wasnt he going to be a sprinter on the US team?

And I remember Deion and Vermiel talking about 40 times, sometimes people just dont run well a the combine. Speaking on Hester he ran a 4.4+ time but then had later run a 4.27 on grass (according to deion so take that how you will)

That game meant nothing and he still played all out. Wish he was still on the team.

I think the real question should be:

Is Darrell still faster? :laugh:

40yds its about quickness-- 100yds its about pure speed(faster) an extra gear

DG, would blow the doors off of Hester this is really a joke. What makes Hester good is clearly his vision favarable to (Sayers) and he quickness. His ability to see blocks downfield as they unfold. (maze awareness) is what I call it; he can see the end at the beginning:) , but as far as pure speed is concern its laughable. D.Hester top Performance in a 100 meters 10.62 and D.G 10.13 at the time was World Class.A freshamn in college DG was clocked at a 10.30-- not to get too deep but looking at constant velocity, Darrell is advancing 1/2 yd per second. Green is looking for his sweats b/4 Hester finishes the race, maybe not that bad but you get my point.

Hester

www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/215550.html

Green

www.javelinaathletics.com/UserFiles/File/5-16-07_Highlights.pdf (page 6)

Didnt Bo Jackson run like a 4.18?

yeah, i remember seein that somewhere too. what makes it even crazier is that bo jackson was 221 at the combine, and around 230 in the nfl. 230 and runnin a 4.18? if he stays healthy we might be talkin about him as the all time rushing leader.

Antonio Brown beat hester while he was still in Miami. Do a search on this board and you'll find the link to it.

it amazes me that antonio brown couldn't make the team. i can't believe with all that speed, his hands were that bad. if he could catch just a little bit, i think he could've been a very dangerous asset for us.

I think guys like Yamon Figurs and Ted Ginn are faster than Hester. He has great return skills, but I think people are overrating his foot speed. The 100 speed rating on Madden is the only reason that he's even considered to have elite speed and that is a joke to me. If he was even near as fast as Darrell Green he wouldn't have lasted until late in the 2nd round. Teams don't let a possible 2-way player with world class speed get by them twice.

Archived