Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Debate Series: Who's Faster Darrell Green or Devin Hester?

OxonHillSkinsFan89

Devin Hester ran a 4.41 at the combine.

I'd say that isn't anything close to Green, but what sets Hester apart is his quickness and acceleration, which is why he's so dangerous in the return game to begin with.

Put it this way, Hester could juke DG, but DG would run him down, :laugh:

From Wikipedia:

In his prime, Green ran the 40-yard dash in 4.125 seconds. At training camp in 1986, he unofficially ran a 4.09 40-yard dash.

I believe Darrell didn't attend the combine (not sure), which is why Deion holds the fastest time ever AT THE COMBINE, but remember DG was an Olympic runner who once beat Carl Lewis.

4.09? What the ****? DG is even more superhuman than Sean Taylor. 4.09?! He's not a human being. Seriously.

Here's the one I love to trot out every time a "how fast was Darrell Green" conversation starts.

1984 Olympics 4 X 100M. U.S. Team wins in (then) world record time of 37.80. The team was comprised of Sam Graddy, Ron Brown, Calvin Smith, and Carl Lewis.

Darrell Green beat *every single one of those guys* in head-to-head sprints between 1983 and 1991. Find another NFL player who can claim something similar.

I honestly don't think there has ever been anyone to play organized football who was faster than Darrell Green on the field. No one.

Holly Smoke !!!! I new he was the fastest of his time but I didn't know he beat those guys too. :cheers:

Green means GO

Archived