Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Coach: Who would you replace Gibbs with if you could?(mergedx2)

OxonHillSkinsFan89

First of all I know that this has been a thread most often asked about but either I can't find the thread or I just plain ole missed the discussion.

Since the majority of us are Armchair GM's, who would you replace Coach Joe with? Not trying to be a Smart *Bleep*. But really who out there do you really think could bring the Skins back from mediocrity?

Cowher seems to be happy where he is at CS and after dealing with the Rooney's I don't think he would come close to dealing with Snyder.

We've already missed the boat on Sean Peyton and Mike Tomlin (incidently I would have traded an entire draft to get Tomlin here lol).

So who do you think is qualified enough?

Bill Cowher. What this team needs is for someone to be on the sideline scowling, screaming and spitting over senseless mistakes and miscues.

I want to see a coach who will grab the facemask of a player and get in his butt over a silly personal foul.

No, what this team needs is a coach who will prevent our players from makings senseless mistakes. That means Bill Cowher is out.

Old School Redskins - Russ Grimm (I think he got the short end of the stick on the Pittsburgh job)

Current Coach or Off Coord - Jason Garrett (Would weaken the Cowboys but the price will probably be too high)

What we really need is a true General Manager - Ron Wolf, Scott Pioli, Bruce Allen

eh... I would hold off on the wishes for Cohwer. I endured 15 long years of him. While he is a great regular season coach, he gets way too conservative like his mentor Marty and chokes in the post season. Yes we won a Super Bowl with him BUT with the talent we have on the team, we should have won more.

He also tends to hang on to dud players at times giving them too many chances... Korky Stewart comes to mind and brings back baaaaaaad memories.

eh... I would hold off on the wishes for Cohwer. I endured 15 long years of him. While he is a great regular season coach, he gets way too conservative live his mentor Marty and chokes in the post season. Yes we won a Super Bowl with him BUT with the talent we have on the team, we should have won more.

He also tends to hang on to dud players at times giving them too many chances... Korky Stewart comes to mind and brings back baaaaaaad memories.

Thank you, voice of reason. What we need is a couple more Pittsburgh fans to swing by and educate us on why this would be a bad move. Say what you will about Cowher, but if we take him you will be in 100% agreement with me within four years. Cowher is a step back, not a step forward.

Cowher wouldn't come here unless Danny kicked Vinny to the curb and gave Cowher full control. That ain't gonna happen.

Most "name" coaches are going to insist on some big changes in the front office. And I don't think Snyder has any interest in making those kind of changes.

Because of this, I think we're looking at three possibilities.

1. Gibbs comes back for one more year.

2. Gibbs steps down and Williams gets promoted.

3. Gibbs steps down and we hire Grimm. Williams then leaves.

If I had to bet, I would say it will be more one year of Gibbs. With maybe even less responsibility if that's possible. A couple more gameday gaffes and Williams and Saunders may just turn off Joe's headset.

Jason Garrett, this guy has made the Cowboys offense explosive and its the same team it was last year. Which proves he made it better.

Its the perfect choice, he's young, it would hurt the Cowboys, and it would give us a better offense.

I would be thrilled if this happened.

Coach Gibbs signed for 5 years.... We will have him for 5. Lets bring this topic back up say around the postseason time next year... :doh:

that doesn't mean he can't resign or be asked to resign (otherwise known as fired.)

Why would you want him to stay? What has he done that isn't related to the 1980s and early 90s?

Seriously, if he wasn't Joe Gibbs, he would probably be fired today.

Ron Rivera. He should be a HC already but he got screwed last offseason because his team was in the Super Bowl.

He is a strong leader who has been to a Super Bowl as a player (was on the 85 Bears ) and has been to the SB as a coach. The man simply knows what it takes to get there. He is also young at 45. Give the man a decent staff with guys like Linehan (a OC who runs a simple yet effective offense) and retain guys like Gray, Lazor, and Olivadotti.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=175518

Oh yeah, his wife is a coach with the Mystics too

that doesn't mean he can't resign or be asked to resign (otherwise known as fired.)

Why would you want him to stay? What has he done that isn't related to the 1980s and early 90s?

Seriously, if he wasn't Joe Gibbs, he would probably be fired today.

So you want to completely start over?? You think this board is crazy now, wait until then!!! Let the man finish his contract for cripes sake. If you signed a 5 year contract, would you give up? Ask yourself that and then revisit your above statement.

I don't understand all the Cower talk. People blast Gibbs for being to conservative. Have you guys ever wtached all Bill Cower coached team play? He is the eptimoe of conservative. With him its, run, run and run some more. He ran Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker like crazy.

Fans complain about Joe Gibbs sitting on leads, wait untill they get a load of cower. This guy has single handily cost me thousands of dollars in Reno and vegas when I bet on his Steelers to cover, but tehy blow it in teh 4th cuz Cower sat on a lead.

No to Cower

How about Jason Garett, or Russ Grim?

I'd go for Jason Garrett

Are you crazy? They went that route with Norv Turner already and look where that got us. We don't need another repeat of history to set us back another 15 years.

I'd replace Joe Gibbs with Joe Gibbs.

What's that? Oh you mean when he retires again? Well... keep it in house and go with either Greg Williams or Al Saunders. They're contracts promise them a shot at the head coaching job anyway.

Thoug I would very much love to see Russ Grimm given a shot as a head coach with us.

Archived