Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Coach: Who would you replace Gibbs with if you could?(mergedx2)

OxonHillSkinsFan89

1. Martz would get Campbell killed. What confidence Jason has would be GONE.

2. Saunders and Martz would likely kill each other.

3. Martz rubs everyone he meets the wrong way.

4. Gregg Williams would probably leave if we hired Martz instead of him.

5. This idea is just plain dumb.

6. Have a great day!

Other then the fact that Russ Grimm was a great player for us, why do you think he is going to be a good coach for us?

He hasn't exactly been a miracle worker in Arizona.

Loyalty or nostalgia seems to be driving the Grimm recommendations moreso than merit. Adn loyalty or nostalgia didn't get us anywhere with Gibbs II.

I agree with the other guys, no.

Cowher doesn't sound bad, but if Gibbs does leave than what?

Do we dump all the coaches?

Do we dump some of the coaches?

I know Buges and Co. will leave with Gibbs, but what about Williams and Saunders?

Perhaps we should go young and bring in a new guy.

Also, do we go GM and get a new personnel guy?

Lots of questions.

Other then the fact that Russ Grimm was a great player for us, why do you think he is going to be a good coach for us?

He hasn't exactly been a miracle worker in Arizona.

Loyalty or nostalgia seems to be driving the Grimm recommendations moreso than merit. Adn loyalty or nostalgia didn't get us anywhere with Gibbs II.

Their Oline is clearly better than they were last year though.

Mike Martz = premature ending of quarterback's career.

Just look at the pounding that Kurt Warner took in St. Louis. At 36 he is just starting to again look even a bit like the passer he used to be.

The same thing is happening to Kitna in Detroit. The Lions are doing what Spurrier did, send out 5 receivers and leave no one in to block, figuring the qb can get the ball off before the rush gets there.

That's a good bet in college where the speed of the average defense is not there, but in the NFL this strategy is suicide.

Martz lost the 2001 Super Bowl for the Rams by continuing to throw the ball against New England when Marshall Faulk, the league MVP, was in the backfield and capable of getting yardage and controlling the clock.

Old School Redskins - Russ Grimm (I think he got the short end of the stick on the Pittsburgh job)

Current Coach or Off Coord - Jason Garrett (Would weaken the Cowboys but the price will probably be too high)

What we really need is a true General Manager - Ron Wolf, Scott Pioli, Bruce Allen

Price too high for Garrett? Come on man, we are the most valuable or recently 2nd most franchise in the league. Money is no object when it comes to winning.

We need to find winners. People who will win at all costs. People who play and coach till they can't anymore. People who never give up. People who if they lose bust their ass till they get better and make sure their past mistakes dont happen again.

Thats who Joe Gibbs used to be, thats who Sean Taylor was, we dont need an infusion of youth in this team, we need an infusion of WINNERS.

here is the sad thing, if russ grimm is not so good. he doesn't have many offensive weapons as we do and the cardinals nearly beat us. so i think with his offensive stradgey he would be great for us.

Thats an intelligent thing to say. Not many offensive weapons... Larry Fitzgerald, Edgerrin James thats 2 first round picks right there. Kurt Warner is a former MVP

Anquan Boldin was a second round pick... not many weapons...know football then talk

here is the sad thing, if russ grimm is not so good. he doesn't have many offensive weapons as we do and the cardinals nearly beat us. so i think with his offensive stradgey he would be great for us.

The Cardinals are better than us at almost every offensive position with exception of O-Line and depending who's the starting QB.

Um, I think one could argue that the Cardinals have a lot of weapons on offense.

Warner, if he's healthy, is still a deadly qb.

That line has some talent.

The receivers are SICK.

Pope is a huge target at tight end.

And James can still play.

WTH..then you want Spurrier Part Deux all over again. :doh: No, GW will be promoted to HC, Saunders runs the offense, and maybe we go get a young DC who will continue to run Williams defense. Not sure if Gray can become a DC, or if Marvin gets the axe, then bring him back as DC.

Archived