Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Classless?

TheChief

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

:logo: Is it just me, or did this game showcase a totally classless and unsportsmanlike Buffalo Bills football team?

There are many points to be made, but I feel the obvious should not be overlooked. There are two issues I really had with today's game which really left me feeling disappointed, and angered. Now I will be the first to state that when the New England Patriots were accused of "Running The Score Up" on the 'Skins, I didn't defend the Redskins all that much. I really saw it as being a well played game on the Patriot's behalf, and a prime example of why they remain undefeated. Of course I was upset that Washington lost, but they totally appeared outmatched, and were definitely outplayed. I saw it as a hard lesson for the Redskins, and a Victory for NE which was achieved with 100% effort, despite their expected easy Win. I really don't like to make "excuses" for losses.

Here it goes however, I really have to speak out on the Buffalo Bills. First, they knew what today meant to the Redskins, Sean Taylor's family and friends, and all of Washington in general. This was an extremely emotional day, and one which was being completely and utterly dedicated to Sean Taylor (Bless His Soul). The Buffalo Bills narrowly avoided a tragedy of their own earlier this year when their very own Tight-End Kevin Everett became paralyzed on the field after taking part in a head-on collision. Fortunately he is on the road to recovery, and will hopefully be up and running by this time next year (no football of course, but fully able nonetheless). I really felt horrible when Everett was injured, and I was relieved beyond words when I heard of his improving conditions.

Now having gone through a near tragedy, but being more fortunate than the Redskins in the fact that their player recovered, you would be lead to believe that the Bills understood how much this day truly meant. What happened to the Redskins could have just as easily occured to them. This is also despite the fact that a former Redskin (Derrick Dockery) was playing today as well.

So, after realizing these simple points, the first questions arise, Why did the Bills take complete advantage of a struggling Redskins' team today? Why did they pursue a winning field goal knowing that the Redskins' were emotionally beaten, and running on fumes at that point? Why did the Bills not let Portis complete a run for a Touchdown with no time left? Why did they keep hammering the Redskins in the second half, almost to the point of playing around with them?

I just have to say up front that this is totally classless. Let me prove to you why this is unsportsmanlike. Out of all teams, the Washington Redskins seem to be one of the most considerate. Do you all recall that game in 2005 against the New York Giants just one week after the passing of their beloved Wellington Mara? They had the entire game dedicated to Mara, and much like the Redskins today, they played this game at their home field. I can clearly recall that game with near photographic memory, and it was blatantly obvious to me at the time that the Redskins lost the game on purpose. I remember perfect passes to wide open receivers, who seemed to drop the balls (despite Sunny, and dry weather), without ever being hit. Short 10 Yard Screen Passes that were caught, and then inexplicably let go of. I remember goof-ups on plays that I have NEVER seen before, and never saw afterwards. They were playing so horrible, and only during that game, that for someone in tune with Redskins football for years it was an obvious loss stemming from deep consideration on Washington's behalf. I can't claim that the entire game was played with the intention of a 36-0 score, but it WAS played with the consideration that emotional satisfaction for, and respect towards a team facing such a loss was the right thing to do.

Now the second point about today's game was what I heard afterwards, and it really just sealed the deal per say. The Buffalo Bills coach had stated the strategy he pushed towards his players before the game. He told them, and I quote "We need to just weather out the emotional playing we are going to face in the first half, and then hit them in the second half when they are all drained". What kind of disrespect is that? To even have that announced publicly, and not receive any scolding for it? That is a complete in your face, and what are you going to do about it attitude. A complete taking advantage of an already beaten group of individuals is not a victory, it is a complete abuse of the situation. It is the way of thieves and low lifes, not what should be expected from a group of professionals.

I will be the first to admit, the Redskins should have had that Touchdown when they were within the 5 Yard Line, and that would have won the game. All of that aside however, where is the respect and morality? I am absolutely disgusted by the Bills, and I will never root for them again, even if they happen to be playing against the Cowgirls. :helmet:

Dude, I seriously hope this post was tongue-in-cheek. The Bills were supposed to let us win?

I hate to be blasphemous, but if there's one person who displayed what would be considered classless behavior, it was none other than Joe Jackson Gibbs at the end of the game. If an opposing coach tried to freeze Suisham twice in a row many on here would be saying "What a jerk this guy is!" I'm not sure what was going through Gibbs mind, but I didn't like what I saw today.....a complete 180 from the Gibbs that is usually portrayed.

Archived