Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The #21 Jersey POLL

TODD

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

You retire it simply because this is a terrible tragedy that has never afflicted the Washington Redskins, and it is the least the organization can do to honor the would be legacy of #21 Sean Taylor. Besides at the rate he was playing, his number would have been retired anyways.

But I'm sure there will be nay sayers so I can't wait to hear what other propositions they have other than retiring his number.

i think it should be up to clinton basically. we all know they were close friends. id like to see clinton wear #21 as long as he wants. but if clinton portis goes back to #26 which i think he probably would... as soon as that happens... it would mean a lot to me and redskins nation if they did retire the number. i hope they do and i think they will.

I don't know how many of you know this, but I think we should rip a page out of the University of miami's book on retired numbers. At the U a number is not retired, it is revered. Ray Lewis was #52 at the U. If a future LB can play up to the greatness of the man that marked that # then you are rewarded that number. It is an honor. CP had 26. When he was drafted look who took that #. You guessed it, Sean Taylor. I think that is the best way to remember that #. 21 shouldn't collect dust in the rafters for our kids to one day ask, "daddy, who is Taylor?" If you give that to a player, like at the U, they feel almost a resposibility to keep the legend of that # for what it really means. EXCELLENCE. The #s at the U have to be earned. Since he went there I think he would appreciate this. I personally would like to see this tradition started at FED EX. IMO

can we add an option? i would like Clinton Portis to wear it for the rest of his Redskin's career then retire it. not just this season but until he leaves the Redskins. but after CP no one else should be able to wear it. CP was a close friend of ST, this isn't any old redskin trying to wear it.

I don't know how many of you know this, but I think we should rip a page out of the University of miami's book on retired numbers. At the U a number is not retired, it is revered. Ray Lewis was #52 at the U. If a future LB can play up to the greatness of the man that marked that # then you are rewarded that number. It is an honor. CP had 26. When he was drafted look who took that #. You guessed it, Sean Taylor. I think that is the best way to remember that #. 21 shouldn't collect dust in the rafters for our kids to one day ask, "daddy, who is Taylor?" If you give that to a player, like at the U, they feel almost a resposibility to keep the legend of that # for what it really means. EXCELLENCE. The #s at the U have to be earned. Since he went there I think he would appreciate this. I personally would like to see this tradition started at FED EX. IMO

THIS IS A GREAT SGGESTION! THIS IS A FAR BETTER WAY TO REMEMBER AND RECOGNIZE A PLAYER.

Archived