Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs has his fire back

fanfrompotomac

Everyone's getting fired up about this turn around including myself. Man, I've let my emotions take over many times before and I've gotten burned. Well, here we go again! I'm in! 10-6 and we make it to the playoffs. That being said. If we choke in Tampa, I might find a tall building and jump.

Did you see his press conference..He´s talking must faster and looks less fatigued..I think he really believes will be able to win out....I really think are D is going to get back to the first 5 weeks play....Our O is playing great and will continue.....I really believe in 10-6 and in the post season we can compete with anybody if we get in.....Don´t get overhyped but this loss is a turning point in a positive way....What do you guy´s think....

It's amazing but i feel rejuvenated by this loss. My outlook on the season has changed so much since the game yesterday.

Campbell looked good against Philly and backed it up against DAllas.

Sure we are judged by wins and losses but i see progress. I remember when we lost to dallas in overtime in 99 to start 0-1 i believed that team would win division. I saw an element to that offense/team that i hadn't seen in years. Then they dropped 50 on NY next week and we were 1-1. We won the division at 10-6 that year.

But i feel this team has a new dimension now that didn't exist before. It's all about treading water until guys like Taylor and Thomas come back. Also getting other guys to 100%.

I really believe if this team gets into playoffs and guys are healthy they will be good enough to go toe to toe against anybody in nfc.

We are that close right now. That close. The combination of getting healthy, upside and potential and a little more time will flip this and get us over the hump. Besides history is on our side. Gibbs teams traditionally get stronger at this time of year and i think that comes down to his core values of hard work and dedication which seem to shine through when it counts most in Late November/ and December.

Joe Gibbs from 25 years ago would have gone for one of the fourth down plays in a big game. Everyone views him as being ultra-conservative but the truth is Gibbs did gamble at times to create an advantage. Richie Petitbon did the same thing on defense and never allowed a quarterback to sit in the pocket unpressured and pick his defense apart. If they beat the blitz, they beat the blitz. But at least they had to earn it :)

I feel good about our chances. Before this game, I was thinking we'd be lucky to get away losing at 28-7. I'm pumped that the guys went down there and almost took one from the girls in their building. I still say that if Sean Taylor had played, TO wouldn't have 4 touchdowns. I agree with the rest of you: I see this thing coming together piece by piece. These guys won't quit and neither will Gibbs. This is going to be an interesting ride the rest of the season.

HAIL!!!

I heard some of the presser, and he wanted that win as bad as the rest of the team. The O is clicking, the D will be fine with ST out. I think we are poised to go on a 6-0 run and make it in as a wild card at least. I'm ready for this :applause:

Gotta disagree with this one. Did you see how horrible our secondary was without him? True, we were playing a team with a big time passing game. But still, we NEED Taylor back there if we are going to go anywhere this season. He is the single most important player on our defense and it showed when he was absent.

I hope he does. I know this rarely surfaces, but I wanna see an animated Joe Gibbs who suddenly snaps at the media. Something like that happened during one of his weekly press conferences before the Detroit game when someone was questioning him about the run/pass ratio.

Man. Anyone care to predict our current record if the players had asked for the hurry-up offense, andor the coaches had granted their request prior to the Giants game?

We're probably 8-2 (7-3 at worst) if we implemented our offensive innovations earlier in the season, as NYG, GB, Philly were all games where such offensive production would have sealed victories long before comebacks could have been mounted by our opponents. Other factors contributed to those losses, such as inclement weather, Moss' debacle in Green Bay, Taylor's injury versus Philly, but primarily a stagnant, conservative 2nd half offense produced little and left our defense on the field way too long in all of those losses. Why we had to wait until our season is on the verge of extinction to make these adjustments is beyond me.

Did you see his press conference..He´s talking must faster and looks less fatigued..I think he really believes will be able to win out....I really think are D is going to get back to the first 5 weeks play....Our O is playing great and will continue.....I really believe in 10-6 and in the post season we can compete with anybody if we get in.....Don´t get overhyped but this loss is a turning point in a positive way....What do you guy´s think....

This would all be great but 10-6 is way too optimistic at this point. If we can tke the momentum of how we played in Dallas and build on it would be great. However, I believe it will come down to players like Sean Taylor getting healthy. In other areas like the secondary we are just pretty much decimated.

I like what I see from Campbell, but I've seen nothing yet that shows me that this team plays with consistency and won't fall back to making mistakes and conservative playcalling to cost games.

Let's take it 1 game at a time. It starts with 1 Win which we haven't had in the last 2 weeks.

I have all the faith in Gibbs. They'll make the playoffs. The have played the top four teams in the NFC and play the fifth best team this Sunday. They are showed they can play with anyone in the NFC.

What they need to show is that they can play well on Offense and Defense in the same game--that is when they'll start beating the top teams with room to spare. I think they are close and will peak at the right time assuming they stay healthy.

P.S. I miss Sean Taylor

Archived