Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs has his fire back

fanfrompotomac

It's mid-November. The one thing that has never changed in all of Gibbs' years coaching this team is that we always step it up down the stretch. We will make some noise this season with the way we are playing in spite of it all and next year, if we get just a little bit healthier, we can win this division.

Are you on crack? We cant win this division. We are 4 games behind with 6 to play. Come on dude, put down the pipe.

Guest Spearfeather
Too much kool aid for you. It won't get better until Gibbs leaves. I'm sorry to have to say that but it's what I think given his performance to date.

Joe Gibbs will be back next year.

It's mid-November. The one thing that has never changed in all of Gibbs' years coaching this team is that we always step it up down the stretch. We will make some noise this season with the way we are playing in spite of it all and next year, if we get just a little bit healthier, we can win this division.

You really think we can win the div? I personally think its out of reach. Best case scenario is we split with all in our div.

That still leaves us 5 games out of first. Dallas would almost have to lose outright and barring a total collapse of their team, I dont see that happening.

One can only hope!

hell yes JG has his fire back,

on redskins lunch he said it was "stupid" of jason to reveal that the play to santana with one handed grab was an audible at the line ... then he was like "Jason, if your listening, keep your trap shut" and I didn't really hear a chuckle ... he was pretty damn serious.

course, he went on to crack jokes about lou holtz, and even got after Joey T real good, then went on to rag on one of his sons ... it was great, he had bram and LM rolling ...

You really think we can win the div? I personally think its out of reach. Best case scenario is we split with all in our div.

That still leaves us 5 games out of first. Dallas would almost have to lose outright and barring a total collapse of their team, I dont see that happening.

One can only hope!

Even after being pointed out, he is saying next year we can win the division.

Maybe because his QB was inexperienced, receivers was injured and, as he said, continuity means a lot.

I agree. We spent 3 draft choices getting Jason Campbell. Working him in gradually so that he grows steadily & doesn't get too frustrated = that's the way to do it. After all, we're talking about a coach who won 3 big ones with 3 different QB's; I think he probably knows what he's doing here.

Additionally, Gibbs is going to believe that Campbell is capable of big things when he does it in a GAME (practice means nothing). And since he did it Sunday against a big time team, Joe can now feel with confidence that Jason can do it again & do it consistently. The constraints are pretty much off now and I think we'll see some pretty significant performance from Mr. Campbell from now on.

And when we do, I hope Joe Gibbs gets at least some of the credit from some of his detractors on this board.:2cents:

Maybe because his QB was inexperienced, receivers was injured and, as he said, continuity means a lot.

Not to mention dropped passes, and QB/receiver timing seems to be much improved over the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately sometimes things take time to click. Another thing to note is that the Dallas pass rush didn't have "great" success on Sunday. That was also very key - good play by our OL.

where does this optimism come from??? god can someone plz fill me in.

we scored 23 points....im so confused

Because whats the point on watching the team you root for if you expect them to lose the rest of their games? Thats why. There is also no reason we can't win our last 6 games. Im surprised there isnt enough optimism. Jesus people.

We're optimistic because our defense was unflappable the first part of the season, and now our offense is getting it done.

Because CP has shown that he can succeed when needed.

Because JC had his finest game as a pro last week.

Because it's almost December and that's when we're at our finest.

Because we get Randy Thomas back before long.

Because once we get #21 back our defense will be among tops in the league again.

Arizona is the team we need to worry about from here on out -- not Detroit. Detroit wil be out of the picture soon.

We will be playing Dallas the last week of the season, possible with paloffs on the line, and the house will be rocking.

Archived