Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Michael

Retire 21

I don't have a problem with him being a homer. Herzog was basically a homer too, and he was great. My problem w/ LM has more to do with his voice and his radio presence. Somehow it's just nasal and unpleasant to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. But if you listen to someone like Jon Miller do baseball or Philly's Merrill Reese do football, you realize what we don't have.

I like Larry. At least he's honest about who he cheers for and who pays his salary. I guess some people would rather turn on ESPN and watch Emmitt Smith butcher the english language and jump up and down while "objectively" rooting for Dallas as they mount a comeback against Buffalo ...

And, of course, you'll never hear Larry say the Redskins got "blowed out!"

The main problem with Larry Michael is that his voice is very annoying. I can only take so much of him, on a majority amount of broadcasts I turn it off when he gets really annoying. I like they way Doc Walker does the college games, but I don't think he would come and do Redskins games. Herzog was good and I hated that they canned him as well. Wasn't fair.

Perhaps a few of you should check out those Baltimore guys who called a game during the preseason.

Radio , yes...Larry Michael is better than Gerry Sandusky. He's horrible and has the most monotonal , unenthusiastic voice even when the Ravens score. That network is unlistenable now without the legendary Scott Garceau. :mad:

larry michael actually said he'd rather have jason campbell than payton manning, because "manning was due for an injury". and this was around the 1st or 2nd game of the season.

the guy is the biggest tool shed ever, hes the definition of a puppet. hes paid to be mr positive, and you can blatantly tell its fake.

If there's one thing Herzog did, he told it like it was ... I can remember him calling the 2003 team at season's end undisciplined and out of control. And, yes, he was a homer (which is natural and expected).

Herzog was always best for making you feel that you were actually at the stadium watching the game live. He always kept Sam and Sonny in check which made that trio the best in the business, hands down.

BRING BACK FRANK !!!!

larry michael actually said he'd rather have jason campbell than payton manning, because "manning was due for an injury". and this was around the 1st or 2nd game of the season.

the guy is the biggest tool shed ever, hes the definition of a puppet. hes paid to be mr positive, and you can blatantly tell its fake.

I agree with you. Larry Michael is like the Iraqi propaganda minister--reality is totally foreign concept to him. It's one thing to be positive and a bit of a homer, but he takes it to a different level. His play-by-play is atrocious...he always says the Skins picked up more yards than they did, and when another team gets "stuffed" that means a 3 yard gain. He doesn't give you the down and distance on every play, and he's got an extremely annoying radio voice to top it all off--in all honesty, he sounds like an idiot.

But, Danny boy has to surround himself with yes men so his choice of radio personalities shouldn't come as any surprise.

I agree with you. Larry Michael is like the Iraqi propaganda minister--reality is totally foreign concept to him. It's one thing to be positive and a bit of a homer, but he takes it to a different level. His play-by-play is atrocious...he always says the Skins picked up more yards than they did, and when another team gets "stuffed" that means a 3 yard gain. He doesn't give you the down and distance on every play, and he's got an extremely annoying radio voice to top it all off--in all honesty, he sounds like an idiot.

But, Danny boy has to surround himself with yes men so his choice of radio personalities shouldn't come as any surprise.

the yes men concept is so true, and it really sucks that its the way it is.

Larry michael is awesome, what are you guys talking about. Of course i like bram better, but dont hate on Larry, he is just a redskins fan, saying what any real redskins fan should be saying

I am with you there. I would say I like Bram and Larry on the radio about equally -- I agree more with Bram becuase my thought process is more in his style but I think they work well off each other.

Don't we have plenty of Larrys on the board? The sun is always shining types who do not feed off the negativity but move on?

Then us critics get on the homer types and then its the reverse and we go back and forth on the board? So I think the show represents the board well. I don't care if I agree with them -- I want Redskins content and be entertained and I think they succeed on both counts.

So yeah like on the board Bram's point of view and Larry's will annoy somebody because somebody is going to think the opposite. The fact that they've been getting so much reaction on the board is probably a good sign for them, means people are paying attention.

It's not like on the board someone says something and everybody piles on to agree. It doesn't work that way here so to me at least it makes sense that we all aren't going to be happy with what they say.

As to Larry's voice, I think its fine. But yeah to each their own on that. As to the show, its good I think -- how many people here would rather Redskins lunch didn't exist? I doubt too many and obviously a lot of us are listening.

As an out of towner, I am especially a big fan becuase you can miss the show and still catch it on Archives. I can't do that with Riggins or any other show. You got Cerrato on every week. You can talk to Gibbs. To me its a cool show so keep plugging, Larry and Bram.

the yes men concept is so true, and it really sucks that its the way it is.

we got all these threads about how the media kills the Redskins and being biased against us...what's the problem of having someone biased in our favor? I don't agree with some of Larry's more homer take on things. But I actually like that there is someone out there from the media doing it. If not him, no one else will. Full negativity all the time can get boring too.

This stupid board hates on every Redskin, now the damn radio guy!! Come on ES seriously

You hate Portis, Gibbs, Gregg williams, Betts, Moss, Thrash, Rogers, Smoot, Snyder, Jason Campbell and now Larry Michael!!

Geez you dont make yourselves look too good

To be fair, there was a ton of animosity (sp?) towards Larry due to the fact that he was Frank Herzog's replacement in the booth for the Skins. As for myself, I've never really cared for him. I know that he's employed by the team so that he wont offer any true criticism towards the team. He's more like a cheerleader at a desk.

we got all these threads about how the media kills the Redskins and being biased against us...what's the problem of having someone biased in our favor? I don't agree with some of Larry's more homer take on things. But I actually like that there is someone out there from the media doing it. If not him, no one else will. Full negativity all the time can get boring too.

i dont think specific media personalities get paid to hate on the redskins. you can if you wish.

i think larry michaels gets paid to be positive to the point of stupidity regarding the redskins. theres a difference between being a homer, and just saying things that are stupid. even bram talk to larry michael like he thinks hes stupid.

Frank Herzog was the man. I don't care what anyone else says. He was total class all the way in my opinion and I think that he was let go because he wanted too much money? The redskins through money at Adam Archuletta and were willing to get rid of him a year later. Instead of paying Archuletta they could have paid Frank back in the day to stay. I guess it has been rumored that Larry Michael was the one who fired Herzog in favor of himself. Larry is OK, but Frank Herzog he is not and he will never be in his class. The redskins were foolish to let him go. He was a total professional whereas Larry Michael in the booth might be OK, but he seems like a total tool in the daily show.

Archived