Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Michael

Retire 21

I scroll by anyone mentioning Frank, you're not being objective, you're just living in the past.

Larry's ultra-homerism isn't Snyder-mandated, it provides shtick for the show. Larry says something like he'd take Campbell over Peyton Manning, an incredulous Bram responds, and hilarity ensues. They work well together.

Larry, if you read this, and judging by some of your on-air comments you probably will, ignore the haters, you do a good job. Bram too.

I scroll by anyone mentioning Frank, you're not being objective, you're just living in the past.

Larry's ultra-homerism isn't Snyder-mandated, it provides shtick for the show. Larry says something like he'd take Campbell over Peyton Manning, an incredulous Bram responds, and hilarity ensues. They work well together.

Larry, if you read this, and judging by some of your on-air comments you probably will, ignore the haters, you do a good job. Bram too.

It doesn't make for good radio. Michael is Cerrato with a radio show.

It doesn't make for good radio. Michael is Cerrato with a radio show.

Obviously what makes for good radio is subjective and different for everybody, but I like hearing someone being overly positive rather than the opposite. It doesn't go unchecked because Bram is there, but what's wrong with a little sunshine? I don't like to wallow in the negativity that is a Czabe or B-Mitch show, but to each his own.

As I've said before, I have no problem with Larry being a homer. Herzog was every bit the homer that Larry is, in my opinion. I just thought Herzog was more talented than Larry is, that's all.

Herzog had more of a compelling radio voice and presence. It's not about who the bigger homer is. I recall Frank one time exclaiming, "In your FACE, Eagles!" after we scored a TD on them. They're both homers.

I'll say this. When I was about 18 years old, I met Herzog and said hello to him, and he kinda blew me off. So I should be biased AGAINST him. But I have to be honest and say that he's clearly more talented than Larry at this particular job.

Archived