Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do most Dallas fans think Sean Taylor sucks?

NoCalMike

I just want honesty. I am not really here to debate.

Today in the bar there was about 20 Cowboys fans, and about 15 Redskins fans. It was an awesome atmosphere and the beer was flowing and emotions running high.

After TO's third TD, a Redskins fan brought up Sean Taylor not playing and how it makes a difference, a nd the general retort from Dallas fans was "Sean Taylor sucks, Roy Williams probowl every year, Sean Taylor zero probowls"

I was kind of shocked. I understand why Cowboys fans would say Roy Williams is better but to say Sean Taylor sucks, bring up probowls as an argument and say he wouldn't have made a difference?

HUH?

Sean Taylor is a good player and even better than Roy. Roy's 1st Pro Bowl or 2 were deserved, but he's made it off reputation in the last few.

But the comment that TO would be shut down if Taylor played is absurd. TO may not have caught 4, but the man is playing on a whole new level right now and no one has been able to keep him from scoring.

Sean Taylor is a good player and even better than Roy. Roy's 1st Pro Bowl or 2 were deserved, but he's made it off reputation in the last few.

But the comment that TO would be shut down if Taylor played is absurd. TO may not have caught 4, but the man is playing on a whole new level right now and no one has been able to keep him from scoring.

Well TO still definately would have caught the first one because it was on Springs, one on one coverage. The next two I question because Owens basically jogged down the middle of the field and every defender seemed to say "I don't wanna cover him, you do it" The fourth is a tossup because who knows where Taylor is on a sideline pass.

"Sean Taylor sucks, Roy Williams probowl every year, Sean Taylor zero probowls"

Well, they suck for saying that since Taylor has been to the probowl. Him playing might have made the difference and got us the win, but TO would have still caught most of those TDs today, he's pretty nasty right now. Maybe just got hit in the mouth a little more.

The beers flowing and testosterone levels are about as high as the guys drinking. You really can't expect any favorable comments when crowds of fans are like that. Of course, Taylor doesn't suck. I'd take a straight swap for RW if that trade was available.

For the guy saying TO is on another level right now. Sure, he's playing well but it's not like the plays today were all amazing ones by the guy. HE was WIDE OPEN against a confused or terrible defensive back(s.)

Taylor has always owned Owens. Owens was pretty good with Donovan that one year and he played well against him.

Taylor owned Chad Johnson and Randy Moss too. Actually picked off a pass going one-on-one downfield vs. Johnson.

The idea that because Crayton got in on a mistaken coverage by Taylor means ANYTHING is a joke. Blowing a coverage in your rookie year (I believe) is not the same thing as getting beaten like a drum weekly.

Sean Taylor has damn near negated the deep middle and deep passing game of the opponents.

One need only see what happened vs. Tampa in 2005 when Taylor was suspended and then look at the playoffs (he scored the deciding TD) to see the difference he makes.

Well these are TO's stats against our defense up until today's game. Sean Taylor played in all of them.

28 rec 306 yards 3 tds 38.3 yards/gm

In our next game, the stats will be inflated a little. You'd be blind, or just lying to say Sean Taylor being injured wasn't a huge boost to Dallas's passing game. What else did Dallas do today on offense that made a huge difference in the game?

Today in the bar there was about 20 Cowboys fans, and about 15 Redskins fans. It was an awesome atmosphere and the beer was flowing and emotions running high.

After TO's third TD, a Redskins fan brought up Sean Taylor not playing and how it makes a difference, a nd the general retort from Dallas fans was "Sean Taylor sucks, Roy Williams probowl every year, Sean Taylor zero probowls"

I was kind of shocked. I understand why Cowboys fans would say Roy Williams is better but to say Sean Taylor sucks, bring up probowls as an argument and say he wouldn't have made a difference?

HUH?

Sean Taylor doesn't suck-I believe I said he's the Rodney Harrison of your D.(The glue that keeps everyone together)

However-both Newman and Henry aren't 100%, so I guess everything evens out.:2cents:

did u use contacts during the time u had that contact hidden in your eye.

Bottom line: If Sean was playing today, we'd have won by two scores. TO probably would have had 2 TDs (still a great night), but no way does he get 4. Nobody has been able to go deep on us all season, except when ST is NOT in there (exception: Brady and the Pats). Coincidence? Only idiot Poke fans would think so.

HUH?

To be honest, before this year I thought he was over-rated. I expected great things from him coming out the U, and actually hoped you guys would pass on him as well as Winslow, cause I knew they were real players. His rookie year, he played about as well as I thought, but his 2nd and 3rd years weren't that good. But so far this year he's been as good as advertised.

Probably somewhere in the archives along with the .gif of Crayton streaking down the sidelines for the game winning TD catch from Vinny T.

during ST's rookie season.

STFU hater.

Dont be mad b/c your safety is the one of the most overrated in the NFL and will never even be able to lick ST's shoes. Take your hate elsewhere.

Archived