Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do most Dallas fans think Sean Taylor sucks?

NoCalMike

Last year, I was talking to a Cowboy fan I used to work with, and I said Taylor was the best safety in the NFC East. He said I was nuts. He started checking all their stats, and yes, the stats were better for Williams and Dawkins. But from an overall standpoint, including the intangibles and natural ability Taylor has, I stood by my opinion. I said the amount of territory he covers and the power of his hits don't show up in stats.

Of course, he was one of those Cowboy fans who couldn't think of anything else to say after we beat them 3 out of the last 4 times except "Look up the series record!" It was like his mantra.

No Sean Taylor doesn't suck (I bet those Cowboys fans that told you that were drunk by that point in the game).

LaRon Landry is also a very good safety.

I don't know what's up with Roy right now. He was quoted as saying he doesn't go for the "wow" hits anymore because of the wear and tear it has on his body. He really cannot cover to save his life. Roy is good in run support. I'm tired of seeing him getting isolated on a TE and looking completely lost. We really really need to fix our defense before the Packers game, or else we'll get torched.

This is why I avoid many Cowboys message boards. Alot of the fans know nothing and are bandwagoners. I mainly stick to smaller boards that's I've been on for a while. We don't get a whole lot of traffic from bigger sites and that's fine by me, the boards aren't for opponent's fans so their absence is ok. I would advise ESers to not take to heart CZ threads and such. Most of the Cowboys fans here seem to be pretty objective and know what they're talking about, stick around here :D

First of all, I just got home from work, so this is the first time I have been able to post my thoughts on the game.

1. Great game by the 'Skins. I have said in many threads here that I thought Campbell would end up being a good QB. He made a major step toward that today.

2. No, Sean Taylor does not suck. He is alot better than Roy is right now. Roy looks totally lost at times out there. If I had my wish, the Cowboys would draft/sign (Asante Samuels, pretty please?) a good corner and move Henry to safety. I think Henry could be a pretty damn good ball hawking safety.

3. Would the game have been different with Taylor out there? You bet. Hes the rock of that defense. However, I still think the Cowboys win. Of course this is all conjecture, but this year the Cowboys have just found ways to win (Pats game the exception). They don't quit, they keep playing and they dig deep. That is the sign of a pretty good football team, which I think the Cowboys are.

All in all, it was a great game and I look forward to the next one. Of course, I am hoping by then the Cowboys have home-field and rest all of their starters but thats a discussion for another thread.

Great game, 'Skins fans!

First of all, I just got home from work, so this is the first time I have been able to post my thoughts on the game.

1. Great game by the 'Skins. I have said in many threads here that I thought Campbell would end up being a good QB. He made a major step toward that today.

2. No, Sean Taylor does not suck. He is alot better than Roy is right now. Roy looks totally lost at times out there. If I had my wish, the Cowboys would draft/sign (Asante Samuels, pretty please?) a good corner and move Henry to safety. I think Henry could be a pretty damn good ball hawking safety.

3. Would the game have been different with Taylor out there? You bet. Hes the rock of that defense. However, I still think the Cowboys win. Of course this is all conjecture, but this year the Cowboys have just found ways to win (Pats game the exception). They don't quit, they keep playing and they dig deep. That is the sign of a pretty good football team, which I think the Cowboys are.

IMO you've made good points (1-2). Point 3 is questionable because with ST in it would have been a completely different game (as you mentioned) with different gameplan for Dallas. Not sold the Cowboys would have won in anycase, who knows?

Yesterday the Redskins have demonstrated some fire and JC that can become an elite Qb in this league in the years to come. I guess we'll see great Qb matchups in the future like we saw in the past (Theismann-White, Rypien-Aikman...etc.) just to energized even more (if possible) one of the best rivalry in sport.

All in all, it has been a classic, emotional, good Cowboys-Redskins fight, except for the final score ;).

Eh. It comes from watching him get burned a couple of times in our past matchups. It wouldn't matter if he was perfect from this point forward, there would still be Cowboys fans who would bring up the times he let a receiver get behind him or took a bad angle.

Roy looked really bad today, but it's kind of the same with him. Even when a receiver isn't his responsibility, you'll see him in the area and just assume it's him. That's just the way it goes.

Bottom line: If Sean was playing today, we'd have won by two scores. TO probably would have had 2 TDs (still a great night), but no way does he get 4. Nobody has been able to go deep on us all season, except when ST is NOT in there (exception: Brady and the Pats). Coincidence? Only idiot Poke fans would think so.

Patriots didn't get deep on us. They kept dinking and dunking with 15 and 20 yard passes.

Just looking at the Skins' Dec schedule-once they get Taylor and Thomas back, they're going to make a big playoff push.

While losing Rogers may have been a blow(b/c he was having a fantastic season), Taylor is THE glue to that entire secondary. It seems like everyone just follows his lead.:2cents:

Rogers is our most physical corner. He's not great with his hands, but he would've offered a little more resistance for TO off the line. Couple that with ST behind him, TO wouldn't have run amok on the secondary. While Taylor is the glue, Rogers is the physical presence we miss.

3 out of the last 5

:redpunch:

3 out of the last 7...i hate it when we say that stuff. Cowboys have won 2 out of the last 3, 4 of the last 7, and 15 of the last 20. We should only ever bring up history in the offseason....and when it favors us. Other than that, only this year matters and they're up 1 to 0. We need to zip it with the 3 out of 5 crap.

Patriots didn't get deep on us. They kept dinking and dunking with 15 and 20 yard passes.

Right and look how many points they put on you......Good teams find a way to win by taking what they D gives them.....Dallas knew with Taylor out the middle would be open so they took it.....If Taylor would of been in there would it made a difference?......sure the game plan might of been different...but everything else is all should of, would of, could of type of talk....the bottom line is the game is over and the Cowboys won with the game plan they had....

Now I am not going to get into the who is better between Roy or Sean because I am one of those cowboy fans that cant stand Roy to begin with and I think he is over rated and I will say as a whole the skins secondary is better then the cowboys when all of the players are healthy but remember BOTH teams were hurting in the secondary last week not just one....but I stand by this rule...you win or loose with the players that you put on the field come gameday, not by the what if's the day after....

VA Coboy Fan the only reason why the Patriot dink and dunk strategy worked because they had a WR like Wes Welker who Bill Bellicheck used to perfection. I don't think you guys have a Wes Welker and it was obvious that when you guys dink and dunk it didn't work. It was the explosive plays that killed us on Sunday.

Sean Taylor is a good player and even better than Roy. Roy's 1st Pro Bowl or 2 were deserved, but he's made it off reputation in the last few.

But the comment that TO would be shut down if Taylor played is absurd. TO may not have caught 4, but the man is playing on a whole new level right now and no one has been able to keep him from scoring.

1 TD less and Skins win.

Thank you, People see the score and think Brady beat us deep all game. If Sean Taylor kept Randy Moss, who is even more on fire than T.O, in check, then he would have handled T.O and would have gotten a INT or two cuz Romo sits to pee would have tested him with ST passing the test

Thank you, People see the score and think Brady beat us deep all game. If Sean Taylor kept Randy Moss, who is even more on fire than T.O, in check, then he would have handled T.O and would have gotten a INT or two cuz Romo sits to pee would have tested him with ST passing the test

When Taylor and Thomas come back(?after T-Giving?), this team will make a big playoff push.:2cents:

TO was on a "whole nother level" when he was with the Eagles in '05. Taylor shut his ass down then and he would have done it again if he was healthy.

Woulda coulda shoulda, doesnt matter at this point. A W is a W an L is an L. At the end of the day though, anyone who says Taylor sucks is an idiot, and has not watched Redskins football in 2007.

The guy has elevated his game, its not that he has instincts, or that he hits hard, or whatever else people say, its all of that combined with the fact that he is so big AND fast that he can literally cover the entire field and takes away the deep ball almost completely. He breaks on a ball so quickly from center field that if the receiver isnt being led by the pass, he WILL jump up and snatch it out of the air.

Williams is horrible, and I guarandamntee you he isnt in the Cowboys long term plans any longer. The dude is a liability at this point, he stinks. As someone said, his first year or two, great. Big hitter. Lots of highlights. Now? He is constantly behind receivers and doesnt play the the fire he used to. He stinks.

Right and look how many points they put on you......Good teams find a way to win by taking what they D gives them.....Dallas knew with Taylor out the middle would be open so they took it.....If Taylor would of been in there would it made a difference?......sure the game plan might of been different...but everything else is all should of, would of, could of type of talk....the bottom line is the game is over and the Cowboys won with the game plan they had....

Now I am not going to get into the who is better between Roy or Sean because I am one of those cowboy fans that cant stand Roy to begin with and I think he is over rated and I will say as a whole the skins secondary is better then the cowboys when all of the players are healthy but remember BOTH teams were hurting in the secondary last week not just one....but I stand by this rule...you win or loose with the players that you put on the field come gameday, not by the what if's the day after....

Actually, your secondary has been the healthiest it's been all year. I mean Newman still has the foot problem (or is it Henry?) and the rest of your secondary is fine. I wouldn't say the Dallass secondary is hurting right now.

No way Taylor sucks. He's better than RW, there's really no arguement. RW is having a really bad year IMO, he's not even getting the big hits.

Other than his first or second year, has he ever gotten big hits since? Like real big hits, like Sean Taylor quality hits. I know he horse-collars and such, but I can't recall him hitting worth a damn

Archived