Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Like It Or Not Last Six Weeks About Campbell

bulldog

every team in the nfl has the talent to make the playoffs and win the super bowl... that's why they are there... it comes down to coaching, momentum, psychology and HISTORY... yes, history... if the skins make a run into the playoffs, winning 5 out of 6, and their offense catches fire, which is totally possible, and their defense starts to dominate again; our HISTORY at that point will be of a remarkable, talented team that overcame adversity and should have won 4 out of 5 of its losses... the season is never over... dallas and green bay are very beatable... we should have won both games... indy is beatable now, as we've seen... and new england could easily have a run of bad games to end the season... you just never know... i like the way the skins are progressing... yes, i'm pissed about the loss today, but they are building character and motivation to WIN!

we can go to the super bowl and win... it's all about progression and history

hail to the redskins!!

our schedule is not that easy. Tampa is 6-4, NY is 7-3 and Dallas is 9-1.

that's three of the final 6 against teams likely to make the playoffs.

then there is Buffalo, Minnesota and Chicago. none of these teams is Miami.

assuming all the games in the row above are wins that puts the team at 8-8.

in order to be assured of a playoff spot you are probably going to have to go out and beat Tampa and then the Giants on the road.

Is it impossible? No.

but after watching the 21-19 and 23-20 games earlier this season against the Cards and Jets, not to mention the 16-13 game with Miami, I find it hard to mark down the Buffalo, Minnesota and Chicago games as being gimmees.

Because I can look back to last week and see a team that didn't play that way against the Eagles.

I disagree with that to a certain extent. Yes, the penalties were bad, but otherwise they were all throwing it out on the line.

Unlike what you think, I don't think Gibbs prefers to run Portis 45 times a game. He has said time and time again that he wants balance on offense. Certainly, it starts with the running game right now, since that is what helps opens things up for the passing game.

Campbell's development is going at a rate I kinda expected, particularly since it was retarded by his injury in preseason somewhat. I expected that they would keep things somewhat limited and lean on the strength of the offense: the running game. Course, the injuries to the line haven't helped.

I don't expect that Campbell will be under wraps again. He's been progressing, which means he will have greater responsibilities. He still needs to be more precise about his passing, but he seems to be doing quite well.

Jason

I think this team's still in shape for the playoffs. We still have tiebreakers over the Cardinals and Lions, which are probably the 2 teams we'll be competing with. I'm assuming the Giants will get in as a wild card. I've seen some great things recently from the offense, if we can somehow get a win at Tampa Bay, I like the way things set up when we get ST and Randy Thomas back.

in order to be assured of a playoff spot you are probably going to have to go out and beat Tampa and then the Giants on the road.

Is it impossible? No.

but after watching the 21-19 and 23-20 games earlier this season against the Cards and Jets, not to mention the 16-13 game with Miami, I find it hard to mark down the Buffalo, Minnesota and Chicago games as being gimmees.

I'm in your boat. I think that we do have a legitimate shot at 10-6 or even 11-5 with our team back together, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know that we Redskins fans always say "Next year", but this time I actually believe it.

I totally agree. We are an average team this year. With Gibbs' conservativeness and total ineptitude in the timeout and game management department, we will not be. So I agree, let Campbell take risks and learn where otherwise it may not be the optimum scenario until Gibbs is gone. By then Campbell will be in his prime and we should have some more holes filled and perhaps maybe take a run at this thing.

Actually, we might be fine if we take Tampa. That game is actually more important than today's game as far as playoff implications goes. We don't need to beat NY if we own tiebreakers with the other teams involved, and we have beaten Detroit and Arizona.

I think the value of that Jets win has gone up since they beat Pittsburgh today. I have a feeling they will win a few more games with Clemons.

Jason

You have too much time on your hands. How about you do something where you have a pesonal effect on the outcome? That is right no matter what the rest of the season is about you have no effect on it at all.

This entire website is well of useless opinions as wells as self indulged nick names (i.e. The Tailgate Mafia). We spend too much time on a team that we pay to see and pay for gear that presents the teams name.

If you want to really pull for a team, go coach a team. Put time and effort into something you have a direct effect on. I am tired of this site and these fans living and dying over wins. This is a situation that we only have an effect on finacial because we choose to pay for tickets, gear and $15 chicken fingers. Not to mention the many other ways we have an financial investment without a real tanglble return, even if they win a Super Bowl.

I am done with this site and I don't care how many 15 year old kids with 45,000 post tell me that I am wrong because I will not be around to read it.

Die Tail gate mafia

Die ES

And most of all Die Dan Snyder

Actually, we might be fine if we take Tampa. That game is actually more important than today's game as far as playoff implications goes. We don't need to beat NY if we own tiebreakers with the other teams involved, and we have beaten Detroit and Arizona.

I think the value of that Jets win has gone up since they beat Pittsburgh today. I have a feeling they will win a few more games with Clemons.

Jason

zona also beat the bengals

Zona and Jets are better than ppl think.

My steelers friend is pissed.

You have too much time on your hands. How about you do something where you have a pesonal effect on the outcome? That is right no matter what the rest of the season is about you have no effect on it at all....blah, blah, blah....mumbo jumbo.....spew.....

Die Tail gate mafia

Die ES

And most of all Die Dan Snyder

Ok, who was pickin on kids in the Tailgate again? It's all fun n games until someone gets their feelings hurt.

If Jason Campbell is to develop into a grade A quarterback, he's going to need a grade A scheme and grade A supporting talent. Against the Eagles and Cowboys, Jason was in the Shotgun formation 53 of 116 plays (46%) and the no huddle concept was added to the scheme. Our running game is now mostly based on Denver's zone blocking style. Our scheme on offense is now far removed from the Coryell-Gibbs and bears little resemblance to the Coryell-Saunders. Jason Campbell's development to date has been held back by schemes that didn't work very well.

As for supporting talent, this past offseason signalled a change in roster-building tactics. It looks like the team is going to be more involved in the draft; but we still have a price to pay for the mistakes of the past and it appears that the offense will suffer most. Unless the Skins get very lucky in the next couple of drafts, the O line is headed downhill.

Whats Tony Romo sits to pee's Record at Fedex?

Dallas is a hard place to play. Especially against a team as gifted as them. If JC had TO it would be a better comparison, I think Witten vs Cooley is a wash.

I am proud of our kid. He is going to define JG 2's tenure.

He is going to be a good one. And he is ours.

Nice way of looking at things BD. Tampa will make it even more clear as too what Gibbs might do. Lets hope they continue to let Jason play on Sunday. if its a tight game and the Skins squeak by, Gibbs might get antsy again and pull back Jason in looking at a shot at the post season.

One thing for sure the past two games had Saunders all over it, which brings up a good question:

Will Gibbs want to just be the pc guy in front of the mike? I mean wasn't the original plan to bring Al in was for Gibbs to slowly step back and let his staff run most of the team in the first place?

I would agree if this were week 12 and we lost to the Bucs. We are still in the thick of things. We should get back Thomas after the Buc 's game as well as Taylor. This team should consider leaving Heyer in at RT and we have a decent OL for Portis. Taylor will improve the secondary and I am perplexed about Macklin. We still have a decent shot at the playoffs and it starts in Tampa. I'll be there screaming along with my two kids!

I think it is so funny how much our team resembles the 2006 Dallas team. Both have coaches that are handcuffing their team, when both teams have incredible talent. If ST and JC get locked up for a very long time, and we get a fresh new coach that let's our players loose, I see us being very dominant for years to come. Unfortunately, we have another year and a half of Gibbs 2.0.

You are being either silly or sacrcastic.

This team does not resemble Dallas from last year.

1) we have no T.O. We have no receiver who can take over a game, is capable of catching 4 TD passes, can break tackles for large gains, etc. We have no receiver going to the pro bowl either.

2) We don't have a dominant pass rusher. Andre Ware can take over a game as illustrate Sunday. You must account for him on every play. He is playing at a Laurence Taylor level right now. The Redskins have the wrong Andre. Carter can get 10 sacks in a season on 10 plays and then he DISAPPEARS for the other 325 plays of the season. GONE. POOF! This team needs a pass rushing defensive end....and has needed to draft one for 15 years.

Those are 2 huge differences, not to mention that as a team the Cowboys suffer average injuries and the Redskins need a new trainer because they suffer major injuies year after year.

Archived