Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Jimmy Faris is Back

WizSkinsO's

Am I missing the thread on this? Searched it and couldn't find anything. Anyways, I always thought Faris could be like another James Thrash role playing possession WR so I guess with Thrash and now Lloyd both out it's fitting that we went and brought him back, according to JLC.

Posted at 9:53 PM ET, 11/14/2007

Jimmy Farris - Welcome Back

Just got off the phone with Jimmy, a WR who was with the Redskins during parts of the last few seasons and was one of the final cuts from the team in 2006. The Skins called him tonight after Brandon Lloyd suffered broke his shoulder in practice. Jimmy says he has agreed to terms and was boarding a plane to DC as we spoke (I could hear the inane pre-flight jibberish from the flight attendant and everything).

Anyway, he says it's a done deal. Just has to pass his physical and sign the contract tomorrow. It's about 99 percent obvious that the team will put Lloyd on IR when Farris signs, although the team does not have to make that final decision until Thursday (could always cut someone else I suppose, though this seems like an all-time lock).

Farris is well liked by the guys here, got a good look in the 2005 regular season and was with Jacksonville this preseason. He smart with good hands - though not gifted with a whole lot else - and the kind of over-achiever you kinda always end up rooting for. In a weird aside, he is also pretty right with TO, both live in Atlanta (he played with him in San Fran where they became close) and when TO had that whole crazy suicide thing a few years back, Jimmy was actually at the house in Dallas and says it was in no way a suicide at all (remind me to post some stuff on that later in the week). So he';ll get to catch up with his buddy this weekend with the Skins facing the Cowboys.

Anyway, the dude is pumped to be here and he know the system well. Says he could play this Sunday and hopes to do just that, which makes him a go-to guy in the pinch for the Skins, since very few other WRs could do that.

"That was one of the reasons why I always thought I'd have a chance to get back to Washington," Farris said. "I'll come in tomorrow and brush up on some things and I'll be ready to play in this offense on Sunday. The system is the same and that's kind of been my calling card most of my career. I've always been able to process that stuff pretty quickly. I'm really excited to be honest with you to get back in an offense that I know and like and to be familiar with the players. It's very exciting."

As for Lloyd, this has to be the end. Can't see him getting that June roster bonus and can't see them having any desire to bring him back next year. Take the cap hit and move on. Where have we heard that before?

I still think Skaggs is one of those high motor guys we should stash on the roster. He kinda reminds me of Welker, Furrey, and no not just because they're all white WRs. Hahahahaha! Those guys just go out and play, run the routes, sacrifice their bodies....and yeah, are WRs with that no fear mentality.

Sorry to break the news to you..

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/06/justin_skaggs.html

Archived