Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will need 28 points mimimum to beat Dallas

FanSinceSonnyJ

I think this game is going to be alot closer than alot of think. This is rival game, and to be honest the Skins are a type of team to shock the Cowboys. This may sound nuts taking in the fact the way we've been playing lately. But, certainly this team needs to go into Dallas with a certain chip on there shoulder. IF and this is a big IF this team could go into Dallas, and pull of a victory like they did 2 years ago you could really see a turning point on this ball team.

Certainly, we are going to throw the football im not disbuting that. I think its crucial for us to keep Romo sits to pee and that offense off the field because very similar to the Pats the Cowboys can score points quickly, so if we can sustain long drives using the running game mixing up the PA pass than i think we have a shot to keep that offesne on teh sidelines and get some points.

Obviously, Gregg Williams is going to need to somehow get pressure on Romo sits to pee from the right side to force Romo sits to pee out of the pocket to his left, if you watch the Buffalo game they had alot of success flushing Romo sits to pee to his left in order to throw on the run which is his strong point, but not when he is forced to his left he often struggles

Oh really? Given that Dallas averages about 35 + pts a game while we average a paltry 17 or so, I would say that the point discussion is valid. Dallas has proven it can score against the best of defenses. They hung 27 on the Pats, we hung 7 against their 3rd stringers.

Sure games are played for a reason, but wishing and hoping doesn't ensure wins. Solid performance on both sides of the ball and maybe we have a shot. To date, we haven't shown where we can perform solidly on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes.

Then go ahead and predict the final score and we can all come back and discuss why it was right or wrong or close or not close.

:cheers:

In the last two games, our offense has moved the ball surprisingly well. This has been overlooked due to our recent deficiencies in the redzone. Coming out of 4 wide receiver sets and with the no-huddle offense, Campbell has passed the ball well. Against the Eagles, there was a point when he had completed 16 for 20 passes, almost entirely to wide receivers. Against a defensive back core that is certainly better than the Cowboys', we were able to spread the ball around and role players like Thrash and McCardell really stepped up. And of course, we've been able to run the ball with consistency and we've seen more 8+ yard runs from Portis then we have in a full season.

At this point, without Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers, Marcus Washington (?), Cornelius Griffin (?), etc., I am far more comfortable with our offense than our defense. Excluding the failed 2:00 drives at the end of the game, I don't think we had a single 3 and out in the previous 2 games (although I might be mistaken). We will need a couple big plays, an area that the Cowboys' safety core is susceptible to being beaten by. We will need to pass with more regularity on first down, something we saw in the 2nd half against the Eagles with a lot of success. And we will need our receivers (I'm looking at you Randle El/Lloyd/Moss) to catch the balls when thrown in your vicinity.

And this being the biggest game of the year, a game that we HAVE to win to keep our season alive, I would be shocked if we didn't come out to play. We will have a few trick plays up our sleeves (something hopefully a little more successful than that failed Randle El pass against New England). And don't overlook the desperation factor: the Cowboys are comfortably in first place in the East, are extremely (and maybe overly) confident, and are probably arrogantly assuming that they will win. Meanwhile, we are going to claw, scratch, bite our way to every loose ball, to get every yard. If our team can't get pumped up for this game, the game that will ultimately define our season, then essentially all hope for the 2007 season really is lost.

I think we'll muster 28 points or thereabouts. Maybe we'll get into the 30s. If we can convert 3rd downs and limit their 3rd down completions, while only giving up one or two big plays a game (a given since Taylor is out), we should be in the game at the end. I just hope that we prepare a better 2:00 offense than what we have seen this season

That's a good start, but what do you think about 35?

Since Dallas is averaging nearly 33 points per game, 35 would be good. Doesn't seem likely though considering Washington is averaging just below 20 points per game and hasn't scored more that 34 in a single game all year.

Our whole D is built around Taylor. I think G.W. will have to rethink things this week but I doubt that whatever he comes up with will be able to slow the Dallas offense much. I know its a long shot but I think our best chance is if we can somehow get into a shootout and outscore them. Our O has been showing signs of improvement. We need to match them score for score and also hope for a couple key stops and hopefully at least one turnover. So if all the stars line up just right then the score will be something like 35-31 Skins and I will be walking around with a stupid grin on my face way past Thanksgiving!

Honestly as much as I hate to feed the worthless trolls that only show up when Dallas does good , I don't think we have any chance at all at this game, we are missing WAY too many people anf if Moss and Washington play they are both gimpy, Taylor is out and that is bad news and our offense is pretty pathetic ... this is a blowout in the making =(

I know any given Sunday any team can win but this team had proven over and over its not up for the challenge, hopefully we can figure it out by next year

Sorry guys, but I'm having nightmares of the Pats' debacle when thinking about our upcoming game in Dallas. Another high powered offense with a steady defense backing it up. 2nd best team we've played so far and we were blown out by the best team.

This year's Cowboy team is the real deal. Romo sits to pee has proven that he is no fluke. Running game and passing game very, very solid. Our D needs to put forth their best effort of the year if we are to have any shot at beating them. They can't fall asleep midway through the 3rd quarter as has been the norm. Must not let the Cowboys go up an down the field at will, which they pretty much have been doing all season long.

More importantly, our offense must finally step up and play 4 quarters of football and score TD's when given first and goal opportunities. If we can't score at least 28 points, then I say we don't have a shot. No turnovers. Consistant performance for 60 minutes. Will this finally be the game that we click on all cylinders? I would like to think so, but after the 2nd half meltdowns that we continue to see under Gibbs II I have strong doubts. Hope I'm wrong, as a win over Dallas, in Dallas would be a huge ego lift if nothing else.

Good luck!! They might want to run the ball and keep time of posession. Need to keep Romo sits to pee and TO off the field. Hope you do better than my Giants did.

were gonna lose plain and simple. if we win itll be because they have an off day, or some how we just get very lucky. sadly, theyre just a better team.
i guess. But, a cowboys-skins rivarly has big games where one side is heavily favored.

It depends on how high powered their offense is right now. I agree, we will need around 40 to win. :laugh: We wont win if Dallas plays like they normally do. SOrry to say. :dallasuck

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we will have to out shoot them. I think Dallas's offense biggest weakness is their tendency to forget about the running game. There's been plenty of times when they forget about Barber and Jones and they let the D pin their ears back and this can cause turnovers.

Skins will need to get at least 30 to win. I'm not so much worried about Dallas's defense (because I think they're overrated) but our ability to finish drives. Before the problem was getting to the redzone. Our drives would stop at the opponent's 40 yard line. Now we're getting to the redzone and we're having to settle for field goals.

Sorry this is a Gibbs coached team, we will need 128 points plus no Sean Taylor so TO will have a record day. I hear Marcus Washington will play, yippee I hope he isn't too busy dancing like a fool during a fumble as he usually does.....

Oh boy I think Dallas is going to beat us REAL BAD REAL BAD.......there will be many Skins fans on suicide watch come Sunday night........

Good luck!! They might want to run the ball and keep time of posession. Need to keep Romo sits to pee and TO off the field. Hope you do better than my Giants did.

This would be a recipe for numerous 3 and outs........

Dallas is ranked 5th in run defense, and they've not allowed 100 yard rusher all season.......... That's no fluke either! Doing this would be playing into the strength of the Dallas defense.......

IMO, the best tactic for the Skins to use, would be to stick with the dink and dunk.... Just complete some passes, and make the defenders tackle them.... Even if you never throw a pass over 10 yards, make the defenders tackle!

See I'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret (hope Gibbs doesn't see this ;)), the Cowboys dont tackle very well.......... They're good against the run because they're excellent at pursuing the play, then there's usually enough blue jerseys around the ball to make a gang-tackle............... But in 1 on 1 situations, there have been too many missed tackles!

Archived