Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will need 28 points mimimum to beat Dallas

FanSinceSonnyJ

Sorry guys, but I'm having nightmares of the Pats' debacle when thinking about our upcoming game in Dallas. Another high powered offense with a steady defense backing it up. 2nd best team we've played so far and we were blown out by the best team.

This year's Cowboy team is the real deal. Romo sits to pee has proven that he is no fluke. Running game and passing game very, very solid. Our D needs to put forth their best effort of the year if we are to have any shot at beating them. They can't fall asleep midway through the 3rd quarter as has been the norm. Must not let the Cowboys go up an down the field at will, which they pretty much have been doing all season long.

More importantly, our offense must finally step up and play 4 quarters of football and score TD's when given first and goal opportunities. If we can't score at least 28 points, then I say we don't have a shot. No turnovers. Consistant performance for 60 minutes. Will this finally be the game that we click on all cylinders? I would like to think so, but after the 2nd half meltdowns that we continue to see under Gibbs II I have strong doubts. Hope I'm wrong, as a win over Dallas, in Dallas would be a huge ego lift if nothing else.

I think its going to be a shootout. Dallas and the skins Defense are mirror images right know with secondary problems. Unless gibbs returns to running the ball again I don't see the dallas defense stopping the throws. I'm more worried about the redskins defense agianst the dallas Offense. Expect Eagles and Skins redux with the team that makes the least mistakes winning.

Just for you, I renamed the post. Happy? Any other comments other than a problem with the title of the post? :D

Yeah, unfortunately I think they're the real deal too. I don't think they're all that like ESPN and others make them out to be, but they're good. As much as I hate pounding the ball to death if we can keep the game close and succesfully run the ball, I say drain the clock and keep Homo and the O off the field. I sure hope you feeling isn't right about the same performance as the Patriots game, somethings gotta give soon and hopefully it's positive for us.

P.S. Thanks for catering to your audience:D

I think its going to be a shootout. Dallas and the skins Defense are mirror images right know with secondary problems. Unless gibbs returns to running the ball again I don't see the dallas defense stopping the throws. I'm more worried about the redskins defense agianst the dallas Offense. Expect Eagles and Skins redux with the team that makes the least mistakes winning.

Redskins D will not shut down the Dallas O. Hopefully, they will keep them under 30 points which is why our offense has to step up and score multiple TD's for a change. Can't afford to screw around when we have first and goal opportunities. Gibbs needs to play to win, versus playing not to lose.

A blowout like we endured against the Pats against our biggest divisional rival would be disheartening.

Yeah, unfortunately I think they're the real deal too. I don't think they're all that like ESPN and others make them out to be, but they're good. As much as I hate pounding the ball to death if we can keep the game close and succesfully run the ball, I say drain the clock and keep Homo and the O off the field. I sure hope you feeling isn't right about the same performance as the Patriots game, somethings gotta give soon and hopefully it's positive for us.

P.S. Thanks for catering to your audience:D

I agree, we need to keep the ball away from the Dallas O to have any shot. 3 and outs and our goose will be cooked.

We need 1 more point than them to win, be in 14, 28 or 35 or 100.

Sitting here trying to predict how many points they'll score is about as useful as predicting how many New England would have scored or Philly or NY or anyone else before we played them. It would have been pointless to say we need 51 to beat the Pats.

Games are played for a reason. Plays get made, both good and bad. It makes just as much sense to say Dallas will score 10 as it does 53. The only statistical thing that matters is their average points and ours compared to the average they give up and the average we give up.

Based on that, they give up 22 and score 33 on average meaning they win by 11. We give up 21 and score 20 meaning we lose by 1.

We have a shot in this game.

I agree, we need to keep the ball away from the Dallas O to have any shot. 3 and outs and our goose will be cooked.

If Gibbs goes back to the run first style, then we could get cooked. JC did a great job of running the no-huddle and I was pleased that they at least took shots down the field. This type of gameplan could work well against Dallas' D because they are predicated on speed, so I figure wear em out, get some first downs and points, and then use the run as a nail in the coffin. Doing all this while producing 28+ points would be superb.....Of course its easier said then done.

A shootout huh? Jason Campbell versus Tony Romo sits to pee. No thanks, as that will ensure a Cowboy W. JC is not in Romo sits to pee's league.

Sounds to me like you are wishing and hoping versus viewing objectivily.

If Gibbs goes back to the run first style, then we could get cooked. JC did a great job of running the no-huddle and I was pleased that they at least took shots down the field. This type of gameplan could work well against Dallas' D because they are predicated on speed, so I figure wear em out, get some first downs and points, and then use the run as a nail in the coffin. Doing all this while producing 28+ points would be superb.....Of course its easier said then done.

Balance, up here you need balance!:D

We need 1 more point than them to win, be in 14, 28 or 35 or 100.

Sitting here trying to predict how many points they'll score is about as useful as predicting how many New England would have scored or Philly or NY or anyone else before we played them. It would have been pointless to say we need 51 to beat the Pats.

Games are played for a reason. Plays get made, both good and bad. It makes just as much sense to say Dallas will score 10 as it does 53. The only statistical thing that matters is their average points and ours compared to the average they give up and the average we give up.

Based on that, they give up 22 and score 33 on average meaning they win by 11. We give up 21 and score 20 meaning we lose by 1.

We have a shot in this game.

Oh really? Given that Dallas averages about 35 + pts a game while we average a paltry 17 or so, I would say that the point discussion is valid. Dallas has proven it can score against the best of defenses. They hung 27 on the Pats, we hung 7 against their 3rd stringers.

Sure games are played for a reason, but wishing and hoping doesn't ensure wins. Solid performance on both sides of the ball and maybe we have a shot. To date, we haven't shown where we can perform solidly on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes.

Balance, up here you need balance!:D

True, but theres no reason why we can't run out of a no huddle. I do believe in tha balanced scheme as long as Gibbs isnt so predictable with it. Last weeks game plan even caught us off guard, that how stale the playcalling has been as of late.

True, but theres no reason why we can't run out of a no huddle. I do believe in tha balanced scheme as long as Gibbs isnt so predictable with it. Last weeks game plan even caught us off guard, that how stale the playcalling has been as of late.

Yeah, it's not good when I can call the plays on my couch. I was so excited by the offensive performance (except for the six plays inside the 5) and I was sure we had the game and then it went. You'd think I would've learned by now.:doh:

Looks like you and I are thinking alike on this one.

Archived