Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will need 28 points mimimum to beat Dallas

FanSinceSonnyJ

Yeah, unfortunately I think they're the real deal too. I don't think they're all that like ESPN and others make them out to be, but they're good. As much as I hate pounding the ball to death if we can keep the game close and succesfully run the ball, I say drain the clock and keep Homo and the O off the field. I sure hope you feeling isn't right about the same performance as the Patriots game, somethings gotta give soon and hopefully it's positive for us.

P.S. Thanks for catering to your audience:D

They've only loss one game. That's about as good as it gets 9 games into the season.

Sorry this is a Gibbs coached team, we will need 128 points plus no Sean Taylor so TO will have a record day. I hear Marcus Washington will play, yippee I hope he isn't too busy dancing like a fool during a fumble as he usually does.....

Oh boy I think Dallas is going to beat us REAL BAD REAL BAD.......there will be many Skins fans on suicide watch come Sunday night........

Gotta agree with you. No Sean Taylor, a suspect D that seems to get sleepy midway though the 3rd qtr, an inept offense that averages a paltry 17 pts a game going up against an 8-1 team that is clicking on all cylinders.

Let's just hope we're not as throughly humiliated as we were against the Pats.

This when smells ugly from the get go. :(

In the last two games, our offense has moved the ball surprisingly well. This has been overlooked due to our recent deficiencies in the redzone. Coming out of 4 wide receiver sets and with the no-huddle offense, Campbell has passed the ball well. Against the Eagles, there was a point when he had completed 16 for 20 passes, almost entirely to wide receivers. Against a defensive back core that is certainly better than the Cowboys', we were able to spread the ball around and role players like Thrash and McCardell really stepped up. And of course, we've been able to run the ball with consistency and we've seen more 8+ yard runs from Portis then we have in a full season.

At this point, without Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers, Marcus Washington (?), Cornelius Griffin (?), etc., I am far more comfortable with our offense than our defense. Excluding the failed 2:00 drives at the end of the game, I don't think we had a single 3 and out in the previous 2 games (although I might be mistaken). We will need a couple big plays, an area that the Cowboys' safety core is susceptible to being beaten by. We will need to pass with more regularity on first down, something we saw in the 2nd half against the Eagles with a lot of success. And we will need our receivers (I'm looking at you Randle El/Lloyd/Moss) to catch the balls when thrown in your vicinity.

And this being the biggest game of the year, a game that we HAVE to win to keep our season alive, I would be shocked if we didn't come out to play. We will have a few trick plays up our sleeves (something hopefully a little more successful than that failed Randle El pass against New England). And don't overlook the desperation factor: the Cowboys are comfortably in first place in the East, are extremely (and maybe overly) confident, and are probably arrogantly assuming that they will win. Meanwhile, we are going to claw, scratch, bite our way to every loose ball, to get every yard. If our team can't get pumped up for this game, the game that will ultimately define our season, then essentially all hope for the 2007 season really is lost.

I think we'll muster 28 points or thereabouts. Maybe we'll get into the 30s. If we can convert 3rd downs and limit their 3rd down completions, while only giving up one or two big plays a game (a given since Taylor is out), we should be in the game at the end. I just hope that we prepare a better 2:00 offense than what we have seen this season

I hope your right and your optimism is admirable. However, given how we fall asleep midway through the 3rd qtr every week, we best have a 21 point lead going into the 4th quarter. Our 2 minute offense sucks and our inability to put the ball in the endzone when we have 1st and goal will cost us against the Cowboys. Bear in mind, we've blown leads against the Eagles, Giants, Packers this season and squeaked by with last minute thrillers against such mighty powerhouse teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Cardinals. A solid win over the "paper" Lions. Sorry, we are what are record is - about a .500 team.

We score a minimum of 31 ...

the problem is can the defense hold a few times...if they can hold to at least 3 field goals..we win...simple as that

I like our chances on offense...gibbs has shown this year that he lets go when we play explosive teams like DET,Philly, New England (before campbell started fumbling)

I think he'll turn it loose

Dallas aint Detroit guy. No way we hold Dallas to 3 points. Get real.

Hey Guy.

I know Dallas isn't Detroit.

But what I said was valid and true, feel free to search threads.

Redskins, Dallas Detroit all play in the NFL. Anything can happen.

Was Buffalo supposed to even be in the game vs Dallas? No. Were they? For 59 minutes and 2 seconds, yes.

Maybe you're right about the prediction. You probably are. But you never know. You never know.

Hey Guy.

I know Dallas isn't Detroit.

But what I said was valid and true' date=' feel free to search threads.

Redskins, Dallas Detroit all play in the NFL. Anything can happen.

Was Buffalo supposed to even be in the game vs Dallas? No. Were they? For 59 minutes and 2 seconds, yes.

Maybe you're right about the prediction. You probably are. But you never know. You never know.[/quote']

LOL. I suppose pigs can indeed fly and Dallas will score no more than 3 points against our defense - a defense that gets tired and sleepy midway through the 3rd qtr week end and week out. I'd love a win, but after the inept play I've witnessed for the past few weeks, I've concluded it would be a downright miracle if we even kept it close. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

Archived