Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Am Not Watching the Dallas Game

HSW

Then you are not a Skins fan.

Stop with the childish ****. If he doesn't want to watch it, he doesn't have to watch it...it doesn't make him any less of a Skins fan than anybody else. Gibbs doesn't even want to watch whenever we kick a game winning field goal. I understand where he's coming from, because I get too into games too, and I end up taking anger out on people I shouldn't. Redskin games are tough to watch, and after a loss, it's even harder to deal with.

I won't be watching either, for the first time in a long time. I don't even plan to tape it so sure am I that we will be demolished.

I try and try every year to be a better fan, but the fact is, the losing just eats me up inside. It really makes me extremely angry and bitter for at least 2-3 days following a loss. Actually watching the torturous defeats makes it even more painful and acute.

When I was single and prone to drink, that was fine. But with a wife and two kids, it's just not permissable. I can't have that kind of severe aggravation in my life.

I wish I could care less, but I can't. I have lived and died (mostly died) with this team as long as I can remember.

If turning off the TV, tuning out the newspaper, radio, and internet helps to numb that bitter sting of defeat even a little bit, it's worth it.

I have to admit...when i was a little kid I would hide in the basement during crucial points in playoff games. I recall the Bears game when D.Green returned that punt. I never saw it live. I was so nervouse i would go down to the basement cuz i couldnt take the pressure....and i was like 10 years old. I used to cry my eyes out when the Redskins would lose games....i remember I took the NFC Champ game loss to the Giants really hard one year. I guess I dont blame people for not wanting to watch the Skins in fear of getting upset nowadays.

Drink a lot of beer like what I'm going to be doing:laugh: . Have a little faith my friend sure by all accounts there is no way we should be in this game. But I get the feeling they will show up but not saying they are going to win that is a tall order but I think you might see a better game than you think.

But that's up to you if what to see it or not if not oh well that is the way you feel about it.

I don't understand this logic. He's not watching because he doesn't want his heart broken, not because he isn't a fan anymore. I believe it's the opposite of your logic. I'll be watching, but with a bulletproof chestplate to protect my heart.

Never questioned his fandom, only his belief.

The games being shown live over here in the UK. I have NFL Gamepass which means I watch every game live anyway via the internet but this on is on our local TV so I get to watch it on my big screen plasma. 9.15p.m kick off which means it will be about 1am before I get to bed but I will watch to the final whistle as I did when we played the Pats.

I expect us to loose, I don't think it will be a Pats style blow out and I hope for a miracle and a win.

I take our losses WAY to hard against Dallas and based on our injuries

and play so far I would probably loose my voice from yelling at the TV

and all my hair from pulling it out. I wish them all the best but I got

to sit this one out for health reasons...(mental health)

I totally understand how you feel. I take them very very hard as well.

I may not GET to watch the Dallas Game. Traveling home in preparation for Thanksgiving, she doesn't have Cable, I don't know if the game will be on the Fox Broadcast affiliate or not. Knowing my luck Zona at Cincy will get played instead of the Skins in Charleston, WV, so someone please watch the game for me since not only will I likely not have the game on TV, no Radio, but no Internet for a week either. Ugh! :/

I expect a lot of replys like yours. Fact is that I actually cannot sleep

after some of our losses and my blood pressure gets so high that

I can literally feel it as it is rising. Guess I am the only one?

No you are not the only one, but if anyone decides to watch this week just remember it will be a Large Party in Dallas. they will partying hard blowing us out of the stadium laughing at us as we burn timeouts in the 1st 3 minutes of the game and such. They will be in a real party mode. It is going to suck hard.

:(

good thing there is NFL replay ... in today's day and age, you will never really miss anything you don't want to.

if knowing the outcome before watching the game, saves a few lives then so be it. I will be watching it, but I had mentally prepared myself for that type of whooping we got in NE.

Do I think we will get crushed? Yes. Does it hurt even more so that my older brother for some strange reason is a Cowboy's fan. Yes.

If anything I have it pretty bad, even if we aren't playing the cowboys, i get to listen to him talk smack about the other games we lose.

Would I be surprised if we pulled off the upset, not really either. it happened before, it can happen again.

I expect a lot of replys like yours. Fact is that I actually cannot sleep

after some of our losses and my blood pressure gets so high that

I can literally feel it as it is rising. Guess I am the only one?

You need to see a doctor of some sorts and get medicated

i will watch it, i will not have my snacks and food, i will not have an appetite, i will have lots of alcohol, i will be very sad, i will sit in misery while the boys whip the skins, i am not optomistic at all

Yes !!! alcohol that is the ticket that will ease all the pain !!:silly: . I'm certainly with you on this . I will make that run to the store on saturday and stock up .

Sounds like you need to chill out and put things in perspective.

Are the Redskins really that important in your life?

I'm a die-hard fan and have been since before I was mommy's little boy or even daddy's little squirt, but it's just football it will be back every year and it's nothing to get so worked up about that it puts your health in jeopardy.

Just go into the game expecting a loss. Realize that it's another loss closer to the day Gibbs retires.

Wow. If its that bad, maybe you shouldn't even watch them. It hurts me, just as it does everyone else to watch them lose, especially to dallas. But I'm with them through thick and thin. Bleed burgundy and gold for life.

I mean, I am not happy the whole week after loses, but losing sleep and raised blood pressure? Really? Only if I worked for the team would i let stuff like that happen.

But I could never miss the games, regardless of how bad we are I will watch this team no matter what. Through thick and thin i will always remain a redskin.

Hey, that rhymes.

I'll watch it until the game gets out of hand for the Redskins. That will probably be in the 3rd quarter.

I agree...the NE game and Philly games were enough for me. I won't watch the inpending debacle in Dallas...just don't need the torment.

We could have every one of our starters injured, our coaches with the flu, and every one of the refs against us and I would still watch the game. A true fan sticks with his team even when they are down. I stuck with them last year through the 5-11 heartache and I won't abandon them now when they're still in the playoff hunt and we've got a young, burgeoning offense. Win or lose, you stick with your team. All these doom-and-gloom naysayers who yell "We're nothing without Sean Taylor" are not true fans.

I plan on watching the game on Sunday blowout or not. We've been underdogs before and won. There's always a chance and I'll be watching to see how it all unfolds. Go Skins!

Archived