Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Am Not Watching the Dallas Game

HSW

Betcha a lot of folks who plan on not watching the game, (or turning it off before it's over), did the same thing back on that fateful September night, (back in '05), and have regretted it ever since.

Just sayin'

Wrong on my account. Big difference between these two games.

That game was early in the year. We weren't coming off a horrific home division loss to Philly. And we weren't decimated with injuries they way we are now.

The game itself was tough to endure, but there was never the sense of impending doom like this week.

I have to watch the games if I can. I've only missed a couple in my life.

The thing is, no matter how bad it gets, you only get 4 months of football Sundays and then it's the LONG off-season again. Watching us lose is better than turning on the TV on a May Sunday and watching golf.

Besides, you should never give up hope...ANYTHING could happen in Big D.

I take our losses WAY to hard against Dallas and based on our injuries

and play so far I would probably loose my voice from yelling at the TV

and all my hair from pulling it out. I wish them all the best but I got

to sit this one out for health reasons...(mental health)

Callin' your bluff... You'll be watching the game.

Yes I lose sleep, and yes I yell at the TV and yes I even take my frustration out on friends and family sometimes. Its a sickness called Redskins football but I have been lovin it for too damn long to "not let it bother me anymore". So I will continue to tune in every week and get pissed over the beatings and rejoyce over the victories cause I know one day it WILL all pay off again then I will be glad I stayed aboard the burgandy and gold express!!! Lets stomp a mudhole in some cowboy ass Sunday!!! HAIL!!!!

Yes I lose sleep, and yes I yell at the TV and yes I even take my frustration out on friends and family sometimes. Its a sickness called Redskins football but I have been lovin it for too damn long to "not let it bother me anymore". So I will continue to tune in every week and get pissed over the beatings and rejoyce over the victories cause I know one day it WILL all pay off again then I will be glad I stayed aboard the burgandy and gold express!!! Lets stomp a mudhole in some cowboy ass Sunday!!! HAIL!!!!

Same here. I promised myself before the season started that I wouldn't let the losses bother me. It ain't working. :doh:

I disagree. I can't blame the OP for not wanting to watch. I take our losses pretty hard too and sometimes I wish I had just did something else with my Sunday. Instead, I usually let the Redskins put me in a bad mood for the beginning of the week.
Unfortunately, I sail on this ship too.

I take our losses WAY to hard against Dallas and based on our injuries

and play so far I would probably loose my voice from yelling at the TV

and all my hair from pulling it out. I wish them all the best but I got

to sit this one out for health reasons...(mental health)

Come on man.......think how shameful and embarassing the team feels compared to us. They get to go to the other teams house, infront of unruley fans who HATE them, play shamefull football for roughly 3-hours a drive home in discrace on a bus. Hell, we're just watching it and getting drunk.:cheers:

I agree with the OP, as the team got my blood pressure way up during the 4th quarter against Philly. I kept the game on, but I actually went and got a bookcase/shelving unit and put it together for my wife, listening to the game behind me. I was yelling so loud and hard that my wife came in the living room and asked if I was OK. She actually thought I'd hurt myself or was having a heart attack. She said the viens in my neck were huge.

As for the NE game, I had company and when they scored to make it 31-0, it was time to fire up the grill. My mom, who has been a fan for over 50 years, turned he NE game off. She said for the first time in her life as a fan, she couldn't watch it. Will I watch the game this Sunday? Yeah. We probably won't win and if it gets ugly I'll find something else to do.

For all of you calling out others in here for not being fans if they choose not to watch the game, how dare you question another fan's love for the team. You don't know anyone else from Adam. I call the Redskins all kinds of names, complain about them, stop watching games during blowouts and get so worked up, I feel like crying. But you know what? Every Sunday my ass is on the couch watching them.

We all are fans or we wouldn't be in here chatting about something we have no control over. Some of us are the type of fans that lose sleep, get our blood pressure up, throw things, destroy the house and carry our hearts on our sleeves. Others are fans that can say "oh well, we'll get em next week", not let losses get to them or don't get emotionally involved with the team. Reacting to a game different than others doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan than the other.

You guys need to stop calling fellow Redskins fans out about their allegience. It's petty, childish and pathetic. Let fans root for the way they want to. My mom gets pissed at me every week because she says I'm too emotional about the team. I just keep telling her, "that's the way I am and nothing is going to change me." So stop trying to change your fellow fans or throwing the "I'm a better fan than you are" because you don't throw things at the TV or have a golly gee gosh attitude about the Skins. One thing I've never done in my time in here is call out another Redskin fan for being or not being a true fan. Seriously, just stop. They don't award a prize for the "Bestest Fan Ever" every year. You are no more or less of a fan than I am.

I still remember watching the first game of the 1999 season as a kid...seeing my Redskins lose in OT...crying my eyes out. Trying to have a stiff upper lip and congratulate my grandmother who was (and still is) a lasped Redskins fan turned Cowboys fan. Those losses have become a little easier to take and I've become numb. Yes, even now, at the age of 16, I've become numb. I'll watch the game on Saturday and I'll get excited, but if we lose...well, there are my Redskins, doing what they've been doing my entire life.

Archived