Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have had it!!!

jaydogg3eb

LOL at

what the hell do you know?

I kind of just visualized what this rant would look like in real life and it's funny, well at least from my brain's perspective.

What that said I agree. But what can you do to stop it? Not saying that you shouldn't call it out if you choose. It does feel good to have evidence of sanity in the midst of madness. Sometimes I just have to get away from the board and sometimes it works but it always seems to draw me back for more mental abuse.

And I couldn't agree more eff dalAss (that's dalAss with a lowercase d and an uppercase A and a missing l mind you)

If we beat Philly at FedEx on Sunday, the game in dalAss will be for momentum in the NFC East. Either dalAss will retain it or we will snatch it.

JayDogg, trust me; I've got your back, man. But take heart, since I view some of these crazies as understudies of the game. The problem is that the ignorant ones talk when they should really listen. In fact, I attribute the lunacy on this board to a couple of factors:

.11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Excellent post.

I really think FF has destroyed team loyalty from fans as much as free agency has destroyed loyalty from players. :2cents:

God I loved that comment about the boner, I thought it was just me that noticed that. That dude is misguided in his love unfortunately.

Still I bet that this thread gets ignored by the masses as it "doesnt apply to them". Too many people post without thinking on this board some times. It has gotten so bad of late that to be fair I prefer NOT to post now, mainly because my voice gets lost in the masses but also because my points have often been made and its not worth cluttering forum space.

I think for some its easier to be negative (than positive) just to get your post count up a bit and therein lies the problem.

:applause:

:cheers:

The atmosphere this season has been the worst I can ever recall in here, and I lurked here at least a year before I ever even officially joined, so it's been awhile.

It's actually turned me into more of an optimist just as a natural response to all the insane vitriol.

Thanks for calling out the random stupidity~

I enjoyed reading this post.

Nice sig!

Yeah, I was amazed with the Derek Andersen comments. Why can't we all just back this team? They need to know that we support them no matter what, that we ride or die regardless of the outcome.

After the 52-7 loss, I wore my Redskins hat the very next day, despite that I work in a city with tons of Ratbird fans. :mad:

I support #17 give him time to learn.

Just...be...patient people, things will work out! CP's game last week was a new step towards a good season.

:helmet:

JayDogg, trust me; I've got your back, man. But take heart, since I view some of these crazies as understudies of the game. The problem is that the ignorant ones talk when they should really listen. In fact, I attribute the lunacy on this board to a couple of factors:

• Fantasy Football- I'll try not to rant myself, but I firmly believe this fantasy stuff has corrupted the game. Now there are hordes of fans that don't even really follow or watch the contests, they simply look at the stat sheet and then spout pure rubbish about the team. Clearly these folks are more worried about passing yards & QB ratings than wins & losses.
  • ESPN- Thanks to the world wide frontrunning network, our own fans are parroting the silliest positions on the team, based on them watching some numskull bash a team he hasn't even bothered to closely analyze. Washington gets very little love from the network, so consequently, many fans are given their opinion from a source that (in my view) is inherently anti-Redskin.
  • The Cynical Era- I do think that this is a large part of it. Let's face it; we live in a period of great cynicsm. It seems that many people these days would rather whine & cry then smile & cheer. We have all seen it. After our boys win, seemingly a third of the fans on this site will cut 'em to pieces. No matter the score, no matter the opponnet, these "fans" will criticize, condemn, & complain about something.
  • The Armchair GMs- There is certainly room in the tent for everyone, but I'll chill on the opposite side of the room from this type of fan. You know the fan I'm talking about. The guy who says that C.Portis is washed up & advocates Betts as the full-time starter. Or, the Posts that covet the number of draft picks that trading away C. Samuels will bring. They seem bent on tearing up the team & rebuilding it how they see fit.

Now honestly, my motto is that a man (or woman) has to make his own decisions in life. Heck, I know I'm not always right. And in fact, I've disagreed with fans on this board before & later conceded that perhaps I was wrong. But just like you, its the utter stupidity of some of these totally unreasonable threads and/or posts that gets me. Just like you. But remember holmes, it is what it is........

:cheers: Excellent post!!!

What's up jaydogg3eb, I hear ya brother. I agree with everything you said. However, we can't get too excited right now. At least not until we get to 7-3. I'm the one whose wife was born and raised in Oakland, Md. Most people up there are Steelers fans. Now there is you and my wife's uncle who are hardcore skins fans from that area.

Back to the subject, there has been a lot of dissention about JC and I thought I even saw it with Santana last week with the bad passes, the one where Jason threw it behind him when he was open and Tana said "what the ****was that"? JC is our guy and as long as the OL remains healthy we'll be fine. Heck even the experts at CBS Spotsline and HBO are picking the 'Skins to win. Now maybe that could be a bad thing. :eaglesuck

Excellent post.

I really think FF has destroyed team loyalty from fans as much as free agency has destroyed loyalty from players. :2cents:

Good point.

I quit FF because of that. I can't do anything about FA but I can choose not to be in a position of benefiting from a hated foe hurting us. FF made me start looking at games in a way I did not enjoy at all.

So, no more. :cheers:

Speaking of FF , guess who QB's my fantasy team...Anderson. I like FF but I'll still watch the games. I agree that people are becoming stat-obsessed now. Vince Young's team is winning , they have 2 losses , and people begin claiming Vince Young stinks because he doesn't put up "fantasy numbers". Honestly , about VY , he plays good enough for them to win games , and he rallied the team in the 4th quarter multiple times last year. These intangibles like 4th quarter composure and "clutch" don't rack up fantasy points , so people see that he threw 9 for 13 and say "HE STINKS." even though the Titans mainly pound the ball using White...

And about Anderson...Anderson is having one good year and already people want him here? How about we wait to see whether this is a one-year fluke or not before we make demands for him to come to DC?

Dear Jay,

You are not alone with your sentiments. Unfortunately, 90% of the fans on this board show up with a football IQ on par with Eagles and Vikings fans. Do not take that as a sign of the average Redskins fan's knowledge of the game. The problem is that since the merger of Extremeskins and Redskins.com this site has become available to any idiot who follows the Redskins at all.

While the merger was a great move and has added a lot to the site, it has unfortunately added the ignorance of the minority fans as well. What is worse, is that it is the ignorant fans with no job or life who have the time to post on here 24/7.

Fear not though, there are still plenty of fans in Redskins nation who understand the game and understand the team. Those of us who do, simply ignore the ignorant ramblings of posters like McD5 (oh wait...does that stand for McNabbDonavan 5?) and go on reading intellegent posters instead.

I suggest that you take the same route because arguing with idiots is like masturbating with a cheese grater...slightly amusing, but mostly painful.

oh yea....Dallas sucks!

Best regards,

Nace14

So anyone not pleased with the direction of this team is a idiot and just doesn't understand the game? Strong words...is that you Vinny?

NO DOUBT BROTHER!!! You said what I've been thinking all season. 5-3 at the halfway is a far cry from where we were this time last year. I'm not in fantasy Land where we're a SB contender at this point in the season but these things take time and we're definitely headed in the right direction!

Oh yeah, F Dallas!!!

Have you seen Derek Anderson play? He is the most gawky, awkward quarterback that's every laced on cleats. It's like having Ichabod Crane line up under center. One day he's going to poke his own eye out with his throwing hand. But damn, he's putting up good numbers this season.

We're a 5-3 team, probably about to be 6-3, that is starting to run the ball well and is improving.

You people are rediculous beyond words, and make for an embarrassment of a fanbase...

Please explain to me how we are starting to run the ball well. We had a great day rushing against one of the worst rush defenses in the league (#29 i think). You call this starting to run the ball well? One game? #29? WOW, now that is sad!

The thing that threw me over the edge was the Derek Anderson comments. Ive been reading posts like "man I cant wait till 2009 when Derek Anderson is a free agent!". Is anyone else FURIOUS by posts like this? Is it just me?

It's just someone's opinion, why do you let someone's opinion OWN you. It's actually kinda funny that you can be had so easy. But I do agree with you on the F Dallas thing!:eaglesuck

Archived