Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Early Look At Whos In Playoffs Guess Who Didn't Make It?

WHALEN

the problem is the Redskins have not played well since the first half of the Cardinals game. people on the outside are looking at who is playing BETTER each week and since the beginning of the season. a case can be made the Redskins played their best ball against the Eagles and Lions and have regressed since then.

certainly, that is the case offensively. defensively, the team has hung in there and remained a formidable unit minus the Patriots game.

if the defense eliminates the stupid penalties on third downs and gets off the field, that side of the ball is solid, assuming Smoot and Washington ever get back to 100% from those hamstrings.

on offense, the Redskins have really failed to produce any buzz for weeks now through the air. when was the last long completion for this unit? when has the offense scored more than 2 touchdowns in a game?

it's great that Portis and the OL put together 4 quarters against the Jets' 29th ranked defense.

but that alone is not going to be enough to win games the second half of the season where the competition gets much more cut throat and the defenses better.

As an outside observer, why should any media person pick the Skins?

Like if the Arizona Cardinals all of a sudden blow up and win 5 games in a row, who else besides Arizona fans would have expected them to do that after 9 weeks of mediocrity?

Would you?

You earn attention (the good kind). You earn respect.

These people are pretty big on the Lions, who have a really really tough schedule the rest of the way.

Agreed, but MAN am I sick of hearing about the giants since they beat us they have beat Philly (3-5), Jets (1-8), Atlanta (2-6), sf (2-6), AND Miami (0-8) thats a combined record of 8-33. THat being said, we need to play much better and open the offense some to go 5-3 or better over the second half (see Saints, New Orleans)

They have the Saints and Giants losing only 1 more game the rest of the season?

:laugh: at ESPN... you guys really ARE a joke.

Exactly! Giants have Dallas, Skins, New England and @Detroit! Not to mention away games at Buffalo, Philly, and Chicago. And they're only losing one of those games? Give me an F'ing break!

Does ESPN love the Giants or what?! The only good win they have is against us and we spoon fed it to them!

I can't wait to watch Eli Sh*t the bed, just like he did in the second half of last year.

Folks, let's drop the "the media doesn't respect us" routine.

I'm with Czaban: We have two overtime wins, against teams that are a combined 1-16.

I'm not saying "we suck". Among other things, we all know that it's possible to lose to crummy teams in this league. But really, nobody should be able to refer to us as a "playoff team" with a straight face right now.

I agree with this...we're not winning convincingly. We're still playing down to our opponents level which is what we always seem to do, save for a 5 game stretch in 2005.

Let them continue to overlook us. Good. All we really need to do is have the same record as the Lions, and we win the tie-breaker (assuming GB wins the North). And I really don't believe the Lions (or the Giants) will keep it up.

We could have lost, but won 2 OT games against bad teams. We lost, but could have won 2 down-to-the wire games to very good teams. We crushed a 6-2 team. We won close games against 2 mediocre teams. We were crushed by a team that could be one of the all-time best.

Like it or not, for the most part, we play up or down to the competition and will continue to do it the rest of the year. That's how teams like the Bucs, Ravens, Steelers, and even the Patriots (their first couple times) got to and won the SB in recent years. End up with one more point than the other team, no matter how you do it.

No way Detroit is in and we are out. No way.

My friend, Detroit is 6-2! 6-2! They're on pace to finish the season 12-4. If we were to play them again, I don't think we will win by the same margin. Remember that the Offense still only put up 18 points. The offense slowed down in the 2nd half as always (though I think in this case, it was because ARE was out). And now that we are running 80% of the time, no way we put up that many points against Detroit again.

To those of you who assume we will be at least 4-4 the rest of the way. You need to look at our schedule. We have a really tough schedule left:

Philly - our 2nd easiest game left this year is against a division rival that always plays us tough. They were a late TD from taking us to our 3rd OT this year, and we were playing better football then. The way our team has been regressing is disturbing, and this home game doesn't look as easy as it should. The only thing we have going for us is that Philly is looking bad. But that might mean they bounce back after the ass-whipping Dallas put on them.

@ Dallas - A road game against arch rivals who are the top team in the conference. This is our hardest game on the schedule. Very likely a loss.

@ TB - Tough game with playoff implications.

Buffalo - This is a TOUGH game. Buffalo may be a playoff team. People don't give them any respect. They only 2 real losses they have are against Pitt and NE--two incredible teams. They lost to Dallas by 1 and Denver by 1 and have had a lot of injuries. Losman is back and they are getting healthy, and I am telling you guys, this will be a very, very hard game for us to win.

Chicago - Our easiest game left on the schedule is against last year's SB team. We should win this one.

@ NYG - Rival, at their home, their playoff hopes on the line, and they are the 2nd best team in the NFC. Incredibly tough game with a Defense that will shred our O.

@ Minny - Probably not a playoff team, but with 6 more weeks to grow, I don't want to be playing Adrian Peterson at home. This could be a really, really tough game.

Dallas - Rivals who are the class of the NFC and will probably be playing for a bye.

I think we will win against Philly and Chicago. But other than that, I don't see which games will be easy wins for us. I think we lose to Dallas, NYG, and Buffalo. Minny will be very hard if they get better with that incredible running attack. And I don't know if I can even evaluate that Tampa game. Who knows what will happen there.

We could very easily be 2-6 the rest of the way. I would be surprised if we can make 4-4. So best that we can hope for, in my opinion, would be 9-7. We may be able to sneak in with that, but that would require NO to cool off significantly and that Detroit collapses.

It's going to be a squeaker if we make it.

Archived