Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Countdown to TD pass by a WR!

E-Dog Night

Ok Redskins fans, time to show your clairvoyant skills.

As you may be aware, the Redskins have not had a WR catch a touchdown pass since Santana Moss hauled in a 48 yard heave from Antwaan Randle El on December 30th, 2006, at approximately 9 PM EST.

In case you were wondering, as of the time I am posting this, that's 311 days, 2 hours and 23 minutes without a regular season TD by a wide receiver.

So here's the drill: guess the game, the quarter, the thrower and the WR who will break the seal.

I'm guessing that it will not happen against Philly this week, but the following week against Dallas, late in the 4th quarter. James Thrash will catch a 23 yard pass from Jason Campbell with 4:28 remaining in the game.

If that happens, then hey! Only 323 days between TD catches for Redskins' wide receivers! It could be worse. Pretty sure, anyway. I suppose it is theoretically possible to never have a Redskins WR catch another TD from here to eternity. But my money is still on Thrash in the Dallas game.

i wish a redskins receiver would catch a TD pass only because i am tired of hearing about it, not because i care.

randel el flared up his quad/hammy or he would have had one..

cooley has like 7 td's

oh yeah, were 5-3

who cares a bout mindless stats like that?

thats right up there with " well on monday night in the rain on the west coast when gibbs has a hamburger and a diet coke for dinner he is 4-0 but when he has diet pepsi with that same dinner he is 0-10 but only when its snowing instead of raining and its before daylights savings time"

Actually the thread should state...."Countdown to TD pass to a WR!" But hey, if one passes for one, I wouldn't mind that either.

I actually just want to see a deep pass connect more than once every three games. That would make me a happy Redskins fan...that and winning of course.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! HAIL VICTORY! BRAVES ON THE WARPATH! FIGHT FOR OL' DC!!!!!!

Its a tough one. Im going to say it happens in the Dallas game. Why? Because we probably fall behind early. With Tank Johnson the Dallas D does a good job stopping the run, and then it turns out we need to pass to catch up. We resist doing so until after the half, but considering that the Cowboys passing D continues to be weak at the #2 corner position, JC throws downfield and connects with Randle El for 6.

Makes sense to me.

My vote is for a 34 yard strike to Randel El. BUT with one caviat.........it's a short pass (naturally) in which A.R.E. makes a great move after the catch, breaks a tackle and out-runs the defense.

I'll lay odds on that happening in the early part of quarter #2.

Anyone who picks a second half TD is naive. Everyone knows Joe will shut down the offense by then! :silly:

:eaglesuck

i wish a redskins receiver would catch a TD pass only because i am tired of hearing about it, not because i care.

you dont care that half the season is gone and we have yet to see a wide out catch a TD pass?

Cooley has 5 td's, not 7

Campbells other TD pass this year went to sellers

then i get a hammy injury and we barely pull it off in OT when im walking across the endzone towards the locker room when i didn't realize we ran a fake and thought campbell was tossing me the ball to take to the locker room, i grab it and the crowd cheers...i feel they are just trying to make me feel better so i view for the hottest chick give her the game ball and take her home...gibbs calls me in the A.M. and signs me

You know what I love about this thread it is lighthearted everyone is having fun with it and most important is no one is fighting!!!

Having said that I will go with JC to Moss first quarter 28 yrd pass with 6 min left in the quarter against Philly.....to be followed with 2 more TD's to A.R.E and Brandon.

p.s. Thanks E-Dog for such a fun thread..

Ok Redskins fans, time to show your clairvoyant skills.

As you may be aware, the Redskins have not had a WR catch a touchdown pass since Santana Moss hauled in a 48 yard heave from Antwaan Randle El on December 30th, 2006, at approximately 9 PM EST.

In case you were wondering, as of the time I am posting this, that's 311 days, 2 hours and 23 minutes without a regular season TD by a wide receiver.

So here's the drill: guess the game, the quarter, the thrower and the WR who will break the seal.

I'm guessing that it will not happen against Philly this week, but the following week against Dallas, late in the 4th quarter. James Thrash will catch a 23 yard pass from Jason Campbell with 4:28 remaining in the game.

If that happens, then hey! Only 323 days between TD catches for Redskins' wide receivers! It could be worse. Pretty sure, anyway. I suppose it is theoretically possible to never have a Redskins WR catch another TD from here to eternity. But my money is still on Thrash in the Dallas game.

Im so damn sick of seeing James Thrash in the WR slot. I want someone else in their besides him boy I want Chad Johnson.

Archived