Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police: Jewish GW Student Admits Putting Swastikas On Her Door

China

Police: Jewish GW Student Admits Putting Swastikas On Her Door

WASHINGTON -- George Washington University officials said a Jewish student who complained about swastikas showing up on her door put them there herself.

The student lives in Mitchell Hall, where half a dozen swastikas had shown up on her dorm room door in the past several weeks.

University police set up a hidden camera. They said the girl admitted responsibility Monday.

News 4 interviewed the student last week after the fifth swastika was discovered. She did not want to be identified.

"It's a big story," said Jake Sherman, GW Hatchet editor. "Thirty percent of GW students are Jewish"

Reporters at the GW Hatchet newspaper have been following the story since it began. They said they learned on Monday morning that the alleged victim would likely be implicated.

They said they spoke to her twice by phone.

According to reporters at the newspaper, the student said, "I wasn't looking to create this sort of insanity. I wasn't looking to become a media darling. I was just looking for acknowledgment from the university that someone drew a swastika on the door."

The student now faces disciplinary action from the school and could face criminal charges.

According to reporters at the newspaper, the student said, "I wasn't looking to create this sort of insanity. I wasn't looking to become a media darling. I was just looking for acknowledgment from the university that someone drew a swastika on the door."

The student now faces disciplinary action from the school and could face criminal charges.

Huh? She did it to get acknowlegment from the university that she drew it on her door?

How does that work?

Expell her. Charge her. Now - Next time somone actually IS a victim of something like this, people are going to think "Wonder if they are doing it themselves..."

I'm thinking there is perhaps more to this, since her statement doesn't really make sense. :whoknows:

I'm thinking there is perhaps more to this, since her statement doesn't really make sense. :whoknows:
Well, since they actually caught someone yesterday, I think there was a real person drawing swastikas around campus.

http://www.gwu.edu/~newsctr/pressrelease.cfm?ann_id=26826

Here's the best account of what happenned:

Sunday — The University announces they apprehended the perpetrator of New Hall swastika drawings and racial epithets. The upperclassman was barred from campus, will face student judicial action and possibly charged with violating D.C. and/or federal laws. (The Hatchet, Nov. 5)

Monday — Using footage from a hidden video camera in Mitchell Hall, UPD linked Marshak with the vandalism to her door. Marshak told The Hatchet she only drew the final three of the six swastikas. She will face student judicial action and could face federal and District charges. Hatchet Web Update, Nov. 5, updated 5:58 p.m.)

http://media.www.gwhatchet.com/media/storage/paper332/news/2007/11/05/News/One-Suspect.Caught.In.Spate.Of.Campus.Vandalism-3077568.shtml

Well, since they actually caught someone yesterday, I think there was a real person drawing swastikas around campus.

Here's the best account of what happenned: http://media.www.gwhatchet.com/media/storage/paper332/news/2007/11/05/News/One-Suspect.Caught.In.Spate.Of.Campus.Vandalism-3077568.shtml

Once again, a side of the story I didn't get watching the news last night.

Here's the best account of what happenned: http://media.www.gwhatchet.com/media/storage/paper332/news/2007/11/05/News/One-Suspect.Caught.In.Spate.Of.Campus.Vandalism-3077568.shtml

Once again, a side of the story I didn't get watching the news last night.

Seriously, it's just so irresponsible. You can't trust anything you read or hear without back checking it through a ton of other sources. Why would you willfully leave that part out of it? How could you report on what the girl did and not mention that there WAS another person running around painting swastikas? It bothers me to no end that there is absolutely ZERO accountability for today's journalists and there never seems to be a backlash or reprecussions for their irresponsible actions. People just happily gobble up the more sensational, less accurate version, every time.

Seriously, it's just so irresponsible. You can't trust anything you read or hear without back checking it through a ton of other sources. Why would you willfully leave that part out of it? How could you report on what the girl did and not mention that there WAS another person running around painting swastikas? It bothers me to no end that there is absolutely ZERO accountability for today's journalists and there never seems to be a backlash or reprecussions for their irresponsible actions. People just happily gobble up the more sensational, less accurate version, every time.

I completely agree. :cheers:

the pansy liberals have stated they won't take any disciplinary action or press any kind of charges. even though it took money from the police to investigate this, even though clearly this chick is messed up in the head, gives the ADL a bad name, and even though it cost money for the hidden camera to be emplaced.

I wonder if they would have done the same if some Klansman was building fake anti-white monuments at the university?

and let me just add that I graduated from GW Law school, and am Jewish..

Charge her with a hate crime. That oughta shut hate crime advocates up for a while
I'd bet she's some raging liberal attempting to teach the university a lesson in cultural diversity.

:rolleyes:

the pansy liberals have stated they won't take any disciplinary action or press any kind of charges. even though it took money from the police to investigate this, even though clearly this chick is messed up in the head, gives the ADL a bad name, and even though it cost money for the hidden camera to be emplaced.

I wonder if they would have done the same if some Klansman was building fake anti-white monuments at the university?

and let me just add that I graduated from GW Law school, and am Jewish..

WHat is it with this university and fake racial incidents?

Makes you wonder who the real racists are

Read the article DjTj posted. It will answer your questions. What she did was stupid, but it was to try and draw attention to the fact that there actually WAS someone running around painting swastikas maliciously and she was trying to force something be done about it by drawing extra attention. Very, VERY dishonest article, trashy journalism at its best.

so let me get this reasoning straight-

Islamic terrorists murder Jews all the time, so some Jew should go and murder some other jews and blame it on the Muslims to draw attention to the fact that murder is bad?

Uh, that is the EXACT same rationale this moron is using. It makes it harder for legitimate anti-semitism to be fought when some chick decides to play like they are Elie Wiesel..

so let me get this reasoning straight-

Islamic terrorists murder Jews all the time, so some Jew should go and murder some other jews and blame it on the Muslims to draw attention to the fact that murder is bad?

Uh, that is the EXACT same rationale this moron is using. It makes it harder for legitimate anti-semitism to be fought when some chick decides to play like they are Elie Wiesel..

Obviously what she did was wrong, and it sounds like she has admitted it was wrong, but drawing an extra swastika isn't really equivalent to murdering a person.
even though it took money from the police to investigate this, even though clearly this chick is messed up in the head, gives the ADL a bad name, and even though it cost money for the hidden camera to be emplaced
I also doubt that it took them many additional resources to catch this girl when they were also going after someone else that was really going around drawing swastikas and writing "white power" around campus.

Also, do you have a link for this?

the pansy liberals have stated they won't take any disciplinary action or press any kind of charges.
All I have found is statements that say
The student, whom the GW Hatchet identified as its reporter Sarah Marshak, will face Student Judicial Services, and her actions will be scrutinized to decide whether she may have violated District or federal laws.
she has to go in front of some committees before she faces disciplinary action. http://www.dailycolonial.com/go.dc?p=3&s=4660

The student paper says

Marshak said Tara W. Pereira, director of SJS, informed her she would likely be expelled. Marshak said she did not want to leave GW but probably will.
she'll probably be expelled. http://media.www.gwhatchet.com/media/storage/paper332/news/2007/11/05/News/Freshman.Who.Reported.Swastikas.Drew.Them.As.Well-3079332.shtml

.... but it was to try and draw attention to the fact that there actually WAS someone running around painting swastikas maliciously and she was trying to force something be done about it by drawing extra attention.

By creating the false impression that this moronic behavior is rampant rather than the actions of one idiot?

Could this be the tip of the iceberg with all/many of these recent incidents?

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5921/title.man-charged-with-vandalism-of-tupac-statue

Tupac noose in Ga. was a black man. Starting to see alot of the events lately were probably copy cat moves. Like the one at Univ. of Md. Some people like to separate and divide. I show respect for all men unless they show me different. If any of you on this site do differently, you can go to hell as far as I am concerned. I learned along time ago, you shouldn't hate people because either they don't know or don't care that you hate them. So why waste the energy. Love over hate all day.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5921/title.man-charged-with-vandalism-of-tupac-statue

Tupac noose in Ga. was a black man. Starting to see alot of the events lately were probably copy cat moves. Like the one at Univ. of Md. Some people like to separate and divide. I show respect for all men useless they show me different. If any of you on this site do differently, you can go to hell as far as I am concerned. I learned along time ago, you shouldn't hate people because either they don't know or don't care that you hate them. So why waste the energy. Love over hate all day.

It's funny that the Tupac thing wasn't even a noose.
Parish reiterated Thursday that the object was a cross on a string.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2007/11/02/vandalism_1102_web.html

Very little media covered that guy's actual arrest while people were all over it when they thought it was a noose. The same sort of thing happened with this GW story - nobody really reported GW catching the actual perpetrator, but once they found out this girl had drawn some of the swastikas herself, it made a bunch of headlines ... it can be kind of random what the media decides to report.

Archived