Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd still in team's plans accoring to Gibbs

morpheusmeyers

Okay, this is my first post on this Soap Opera. Everyone and their mother knows that Gibbs likes to set an example with the players that are lackadaisical in certain areas.

But, when you have invested as much as you have in Lloyd and he plays a position that is an area of weakness it's time to lick your wounds and make the guy earn his check. Anytime the guy has been on the field (albeit seldom) and the ball has been thrown his way (again, albeit seldom) I've noticed one thing, seperation. He always seems to have one step on the corner covering him.

Yes, I know he's done this and done that so please save your breath or keystrokes. The question is, is he helping the team more by sitting on the sidelines or being on the field? Only one way to find out.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I couldn't have stated it better if I tried. Put him on the field and see if he can get the job done. Trash is hard working guy but he just can't cut it as a wideout.

Okay, this is my first post on this Soap Opera. Everyone and their mother knows that Gibbs likes to set an example with the players that are lackadaisical in certain areas.

But, when you have invested as much as you have in Lloyd and he plays a position that is an area of weakness it's time to lick your wounds and make the guy earn his check. Anytime the guy has been on the field (albeit seldom) and the ball has been thrown his way (again, albeit seldom) I've noticed one thing, seperation. He always seems to have one step on the corner covering him.

Yes, I know he's done this and done that so please save your breath or keystrokes. The question is, is he helping the team more by sitting on the sidelines or being on the field? Only one way to find out.

You can say the same about any receiver--most of the time Moss, El, etc. have the ball thrown their way, they have separation. If they didn't, they shouldn't (and usually won't) be thrown to, unless JC is making bad decisions. I would guess the fact that BL isn't getting thrown to is probably indicative of the amount of separation he's getting.

Football isn't a game where you get a lot of chances to prove yourself. Thank back to the preseason--the guys trying to make the team had basically one game (the last preseason game) to shine and make an impression on the coaches. Lloyd has had more opportunities than that.

Stop the personal grudges and play the best players. If anyone here can honestly say that Thrash is BETTER than Lloyd then.... well that's sad. Lloyd worked hard in the off season and he's taking the demotion well. So what, he missed a meeting. Riggins came to meetings DRUNK and PISSED on the floor yet I seem to remember him starting and playing.. Gibbs is full of ****.

You can say the same about any receiver--most of the time Moss, El, etc. have the ball thrown their way, they have separation. If they didn't, they shouldn't (and usually won't) be thrown to, unless JC is making bad decisions. I would guess the fact that BL isn't getting thrown to is probably indicative of the amount of separation he's getting.

Football isn't a game where you get a lot of chances to prove yourself. Thank back to the preseason--the guys trying to make the team had basically one game (the last preseason game) to shine and make an impression on the coaches. Lloyd has had more opportunities than that.

You see that is the problem a lot of us have with this situation. Lloyd was 184lbs last season. He went into the offseason put on 20lbs of muscle to get to over 200lbs. He worked out with Moss and JC to get chemistry. He worked hard in the preseason and he pretty much didn't sniff the field this year.

I am not pleased that he missed a meeting before the Jets game by any means but up until that point he hadn't done anything this season that showed that he should be benched. Its not like he was blowing up on the sidelines like he did last season. Is Lloyd's lack of PT purely based on work ethic? It doesn't seem like it. It seems like another Lavar/Archuleta situation.:mad: :2cents:

bottom line is this= gibbs' number 1 wr had a groin , hammy and now heel injury his number 2 wr had a hammy, and the rest are slow and old. Hes gonna have to play Blloyd cuz hes the only one who can stretch the field out of the bottom 3. If Gibbs is smart lloyd will remain in the plans. I also think gibbs didnt mess up with picking up lloyd talent wise its the character issues where gibbs got jipped.

Plus if we trade him that frees up number 85 & perhaps Chad Johnson would like that number.

Could it be Karma???? Lloyd not playing and Chad wants out and he likes the whole Ocho Cinco ring to his name! Stay Tune as Dan Synder spins in his chair bitting his fingers nails!:D

I am a bit young but I was watching America's game one night and it was a skins-a-thon. I might be confuse a little bit but...

Didnt Jeff Bostic get demoted all season (1987) pretty much and then got a shot later in the season only to excell. I think they did pretty well that year too.

Lloyd might actually get another shot if the conditions are right.

Could it be Karma???? Lloyd not playing and Chad wants out and he likes the whole Ocho Cinco ring to his name! Stay Tune as Dan Synder spins in his chair bitting his fingers nails!:D

As much as I would LOVE to bring Ocho Cinco aboard, we reeeeeally need to use the first and second rounder in the draft to improve the depth at O-Line and a shutdown corner to take Springs' place in the next year or 2. Smoot is no better than a #3, and you never know how Los' will perform once he comes back from his excruciating injury.

If we can get Chad for a 3rd or 4th (not both, one or the other, which makes it highly doubtful) then I guess I wouldn't mind trading either one of those for him. But we definitely need the 1st and 2nd to improve O Line and the Secondary.

He said the same thing about AA the week before we traded him.

Sky is blue. Water is wet. Gibbs lies.

While a player is on the roster, he has to be in the team's plans. That is by definition. There is no "lie" in there.

If the trade didn't go though with AA, he may have very well been around. Course, they could have cut him as well.

Lloyd will still get his occasional opportunity to prove himself. It is up to him to make the most of those opportunities when they come. So far, he hasn't.

Jason

You see that is the problem a lot of us have with this situation. Lloyd was 184lbs last season. He went into the offseason put on 20lbs of muscle to get to over 200lbs. He worked out with Moss and JC to get chemistry. He worked hard in the preseason and he pretty much didn't sniff the field this year.

I am not pleased that he missed a meeting before the Jets game by any means but up until that point he hadn't done anything this season that showed that he should be benched. Its not like he was blowing up on the sidelines like he did last season. Is Lloyd's lack of PT purely based on work ethic? It doesn't seem like it. It seems like another Lavar/Archuleta situation.:mad: :2cents:

I would agree. Even in the Green Bay game he managed to get in for maybe 2 plays and he was 5 yards ahead of the defender and wide open and Campbell still overthrew him. Getting 3 fingers on that football does not constitute a drop. Campbell seems to make every wide receiver look bad but when Lloyd only gets in for 2 plays it is more difficult to produce.

JC planned to get with BL, Moss and ARE over the offseason, but it never happened.

What got BL benched was his lackluster effort in the Miami game on the long INT. He's hardly seen the field since.

Its times like this where we seem to forget what a class act Joe Gibbs is as a human being.

By taking the high road Gibbs is effectively speaking much louder with his actions than he is with his words. He could just as easily go into a nonsensical diatribe offering specifics of how Brandon Lloyd is a cancer to this team and publicize some of the immature actions Lloyd has undoubtedly undertaken.

No, Gibbs protects his house and refuses to set a bad precedent by giving a guy ample amounts of playing time when he has clearly violated team policy; while at the same time protecting Brandon Lloyd from any unneeded excessive media attention that could potentially ruin his career for good.

Joe Gibbs is protecting both his interests as well as Brandon Lloyd's, all at the same time.

Archived