Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am absolutely apathetic to this loss...

Touchdown Redskins

This loss showed me some things:

1. Joe Gibbs is out of his league and will never again be an elite NFL coach.

2. Jason Campbell is ordinary and shouldn't be on the field. High school QBs know to keep two hands on the ball, and hold it chest-high until it's time to tuck it. One would also think he'd be contrite or at least apologetic after playing like a (really bad) little leaguer. Instead he sounded like they'd just lost a preseason game.

3. Gregg Williams has an ego you can photograph from the air. His defense gave up seven TDs and never actually stopped the Pats; the Pats stopped themselves. How does Williams explain getting his arse handed to him? By blaming the players ("They did exactly what we knew they'd do, they went exactly where we knew they'd go, it's just that our players didn't stop them.") Way to point fingers, Mr. Massengill.

4. The Pats and the Skins has almost identicle payrolls, but it's not a stretch to say that their second team could give our starters a game (if not beat us). Until Snyder stops overpaying players (example: Carlos Rogers is making $8M this season and is the team's highest paid player) this will never get corrected. Anyone see this happening anytime soon? I didn't think so.

5. This is an undiciplined group of rag-tag players that are allowed to dictate to the coaching staff when they'll play and when they won't, when they'll practice and when they won't, and when and how they'll prepare for the upcoming season.

Plainly put, this team is a mess. It's going to take a new staff, new front office, and several player changes to once again become an elite team. Hope none of you are in a hurry.

Great post :applause:

This loss showed me some things:

1. Joe Gibbs is out of his league and will never again be an elite NFL coach.

2. Jason Campbell is ordinary and shouldn't be on the field. High school QBs know to keep two hands on the ball, and hold it chest-high until it's time to tuck it. One would also think he'd be contrite or at least apologetic after playing like a (really bad) little leaguer. Instead he sounded like they'd just lost a preseason game.

3. Gregg Williams has an ego you can photograph from the air. His defense gave up seven TDs and never actually stopped the Pats; the Pats stopped themselves. How does Williams explain getting his arse handed to him? By blaming the players ("They did exactly what we knew they'd do, they went exactly where we knew they'd go, it's just that our players didn't stop them.") Way to point fingers, Mr. Massengill.

4. The Pats and the Skins has almost identicle payrolls, but it's not a stretch to say that their second team could give our starters a game (if not beat us). Until Snyder stops overpaying players (example: Carlos Rogers is making $8M this season and is the team's highest paid player) this will never get corrected. Anyone see this happening anytime soon? I didn't think so.

5. This is an undiciplined group of rag-tag players that are allowed to dictate to the coaching staff when they'll play and when they won't, when they'll practice and when they won't, and when and how they'll prepare for the upcoming season.

Plainly put, this team is a mess. It's going to take a new staff, new front office, and several player changes to once again become an elite team. Hope none of you are in a hurry.

Great post :applause:

I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed to fly my colors. This whole thing needs to be blown up. How in the hell do you lose like that? Coaching. Plain and simple. If NE does that to Indy, then I won't feel as bad, but when some beats you by 45 points?

Go ahead and quit boys, I've seen it on your faces before.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Now go cash your checks and drive to your plush pads and forget about it. I know you will.

I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed to fly my colors. This whole thing needs to be blown up. How in the hell do you lose like that? Coaching. Plain and simple. If NE does that to Indy, then I won't feel as bad, but when some beats you by 45 points?

Go ahead and quit boys, I've seen it on your faces before.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Now go cash your checks and drive to your plush pads and forget about it. I know you will.

i got that feeling in the second half of the cards game and it hasn't left. during that second half, I had ZERO reaction towards anything the skins did. the only time I got a little, and I REALLY MEAN A LITTLE worked up was when rackers lined up for that kick ... usually I would have had sweaty palms, a racing heart and my eyes covered.

I have never come close to thinking about replacing gibbs - today is different. Its sad, cause I respect him so much, but this team is without a leader. Really, it is rudderless. That could change this week, and I"m praying hard for it, but today, as things stand, I'm 100% indifferent to this team.

i got that feeling in the second half of the cards game and it hasn't left. during that second half, I had ZERO reaction towards anything the skins did. the only time I got a little, and I REALLY MEAN A LITTLE worked up was when rackers lined up for that kick ... usually I would have had sweaty palms, a racing heart and my eyes covered.

I have never come close to thinking about replacing gibbs - today is different. Its sad, cause I respect him so much, but this team is without a leader. Really, it is rudderless. That could change this week, and I"m praying hard for it, but today, as things stand, I'm 100% indifferent to this team.

Reality says...

It's a NON-CONFERENCE loss.

It is a non-conference loss to a team that has already beaten the Cowboys, will likely beat the Eagles and Giants, SO the loss isn't that big of a deal in terms of tie-breakers.

It's a stinger because of the score, and if tiebreakers come down to points, that may be the only place it really hurts (assuming we're in position at the end for tiebreakers to matter to us.)

So I'm fairly apathetic. It's not like a conference or division loss.

It's a loss. And about as harmless a loss as you'll find when you look at the other things it means.

In listening to post game interviews and litening to the way the rest of the league seems to be down on the Pats for being poor sports, this loss may go a ways to bring us together instead of drive a wedge.

~Bang

Reality says...

It's a NON-CONFERENCE loss.

It is a non-conference loss to a team that has already beaten the Cowboys, will likely beat the Eagles and Giants, SO the loss isn't that big of a deal in terms of tie-breakers.

It's a stinger because of the score, and if tiebreakers come down to points, that may be the only place it really hurts (assuming we're in position at the end for tiebreakers to matter to us.)

So I'm fairly apathetic. It's not like a conference or division loss.

It's a loss. And about as harmless a loss as you'll find when you look at the other things it means.

In listening to post game interviews and litening to the way the rest of the league seems to be down on the Pats for being poor sports, this loss may go a ways to bring us together instead of drive a wedge.

~Bang

You may be apathetic, but what i have noticed is that alot of the players are as well. I know that it might come across as being a sore loser, but where is the anger at not even being competitive? Randall Godfrey who has only been here a couple of months gets it. Where is the outrage from the rest of the guys who earn a paycheck? We need to get guys who are hungry and need to show something, because what we have right now is not working. I know we have injuries, but that is not an excuse. We need guys who are willing to do what it takes to win. See what the patriots did to us? They are the proper example of what a good team does (with exception of running up the score.)

You may be apathetic, but what i have noticed is that alot of the players are as well. I know that it might come across as being a sore loser, but where is the anger at not even being competitive? Randall Godfrey who has only been here a couple of months gets it. Where is the outrage from the rest of the guys who earn a paycheck? We need to get guys who are hungry and need to show something, because what we have right now is not working. I know we have injuries, but that is not an excuse. We need guys who are willing to do what it takes to win. See what the patriots did to us? They are the proper example of what a good team does (with exception of running up the score.)

that's exactly the point to make, MCAREY032 :)

most of the players looked just as apathetic. as if they figured they would lose this game big anyway so it was no big deal.

actually, during Gibbs second go around as coach the players here have OFTEN failed to respond to losses with the kind of comeback effort one would expect.

it's instructive that the one Redskin to go public about his feelings about the Patriots running up the score was Randall Godfrey, a player that has been with the Redskins a very short time.

the players that have been here awhile all seem to have a rationale for losing.

that is symptomatic of an organization that is dys-functional.

that's exactly the point to make, MCAREY032 :)

most of the players looked just as apathetic. as if they figured they would lose this game big anyway so it was no big deal.

actually, during Gibbs second go around as coach the players here have OFTEN failed to respond to losses with the kind of comeback effort one would expect.

it's instructive that the one Redskin to go public about his feelings about the Patriots running up the score was Randall Godfrey, a player that has been with the Redskins a very short time.

the players that have been here awhile all seem to have a rationale for losing.

that is symptomatic of an organization that is dys-functional.

I used to get very emotional over the Redskins wins and losses; to the point where it dictated my mood for the following week. But now I just don't have any passion for it. I think this is a reflection of the team. I see a group of apathetic millionaires playing for a bland, over-the-hill group of ineffectual, out-of-touch coaches and I just can't get excited for that.

At least Cowher would be a fiery presence on the sideline. When's the last time we had that? In 2001, Marty would occasionally show some emotion, but other than that we've had Turner, Spurrier, and Gibbs II for the last 13 seasons. We have talent on this team, but it's like looking at a fireplace that's got nice, dry wood in it but nobody is throwing a match to it.

I used to get very emotional over the Redskins wins and losses; to the point where it dictated my mood for the following week. But now I just don't have any passion for it. I think this is a reflection of the team. I see a group of apathetic millionaires playing for a bland, over-the-hill group of ineffectual, out-of-touch coaches and I just can't get excited for that.

At least Cowher would be a fiery presence on the sideline. When's the last time we had that? In 2001, Marty would occasionally show some emotion, but other than that we've had Turner, Spurrier, and Gibbs II for the last 13 seasons. We have talent on this team, but it's like looking at a fireplace that's got nice, dry wood in it but nobody is throwing a match to it.

Hmmm, at first I thought my apathy came from expecting to lose, but I think you've hit the nail on the head. I am no longer surprised when we blow leads, I am no longer surprised when every game comes down to the wire, I am no longer surprised when our defense needs to carry our offense. I have become immune to all the events that used to cause sweaty palms and a racing heart, as you said. Now I know why: I've lost faith. I used to be an optimist, and now, I can't expect much from the Skins, so I don't.

This is a very sad realization.

Hmmm, at first I thought my apathy came from expecting to lose, but I think you've hit the nail on the head. I am no longer surprised when we blow leads, I am no longer surprised when every game comes down to the wire, I am no longer surprised when our defense needs to carry our offense. I have become immune to all the events that used to cause sweaty palms and a racing heart, as you said. Now I know why: I've lost faith. I used to be an optimist, and now, I can't expect much from the Skins, so I don't.

This is a very sad realization.

I'm very apathetic. The Patriots are just awesome and I won't take anything away from them. It was inevitable that we'd lose. And yeah, I thought of all the teams they had played so far, we had the best chance of containing them.

But they are incredible. Give em props!

I'm very apathetic. The Patriots are just awesome and I won't take anything away from them. It was inevitable that we'd lose. And yeah, I thought of all the teams they had played so far, we had the best chance of containing them.

But they are incredible. Give em props!

While I was fully expecting to lose this game I am FURIOUS with the outcome. This team who to some of us are a huge thing, is absolutely horrible. We have a defense that has been playing well. An offense who cant get an inch off the ground they started on. A coaching staff that anybody can just laugh at. And most of all a piece of **** owner who has put us in this mess. I dont buy tickets anymore, I dont by jerseys anymore, I dont buy flags anymore. I simply watch the games on T.V., because I refuse to miss a game. I will never in my life give another penny to the piece of **** that owns this team. Not by any means am I blaming this loss on the joke of an owner we have, its obvious its the coaching staff and the players. Snyder isnt down there on the field failing to make plays like them. But he is the reason why we have who we have and why we are where we have been for this long. Teams rebuild every year. I dont think that a franchise as celebrated as ours used to be should of ever taken this long to be a contender. Were we seriously a contender in 2005??? Nope, it was obvious we would be figured out eventually and we were. If you think this is a knee jerk reaction then you should of told me that you didnt feel the pain of a loss 2 other times this year or 11 other times last year. It would of been the same response. Even in the wins this year its evident that this is and has been a struggling team. IM ****ING PISSED!!!!! How can you not have a sour feeling towards any loss???? Im still a die hard skins fan who just wants a winning team so every loss hurts.

While I was fully expecting to lose this game I am FURIOUS with the outcome. This team who to some of us are a huge thing, is absolutely horrible. We have a defense that has been playing well. An offense who cant get an inch off the ground they started on. A coaching staff that anybody can just laugh at. And most of all a piece of **** owner who has put us in this mess. I dont buy tickets anymore, I dont by jerseys anymore, I dont buy flags anymore. I simply watch the games on T.V., because I refuse to miss a game. I will never in my life give another penny to the piece of **** that owns this team. Not by any means am I blaming this loss on the joke of an owner we have, its obvious its the coaching staff and the players. Snyder isnt down there on the field failing to make plays like them. But he is the reason why we have who we have and why we are where we have been for this long. Teams rebuild every year. I dont think that a franchise as celebrated as ours used to be should of ever taken this long to be a contender. Were we seriously a contender in 2005??? Nope, it was obvious we would be figured out eventually and we were. If you think this is a knee jerk reaction then you should of told me that you didnt feel the pain of a loss 2 other times this year or 11 other times last year. It would of been the same response. Even in the wins this year its evident that this is and has been a struggling team. IM ****ING PISSED!!!!! How can you not have a sour feeling towards any loss???? Im still a die hard skins fan who just wants a winning team so every loss hurts.

A spanking by the best team in football shows us that we have far to go before we wanna be an elite team.

And its a non conference, non division game. Its really not anything besides a good olfashioned ass whuppin

Agreed, I was not suprised by the outcome and if this does not wake this team up nothing will.

Archived