Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am absolutely apathetic to this loss...

Touchdown Redskins

In the prediction thread I think I guessed 45 to 10 or 17. So I was a few points off, big deal.

The thing that really surprised me is the number of fans who actually thought we had a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game.

What's worse than that is those fans [clueless about the game of football I might add] have the nerve to call people out and say they are not fans because they don't support the team.

I fully expected to get blown out, just not quite that bad.

I'm sorry people, but I never sugar coat anything. We are far from a contender in this NFL. We are not one or two players away from being an elite team either. Outside of Chris Samuels, our O line, even with starters healthy is average at best, and our D line isn't that good.

We may be a hair over a 500 team, and that's the reality of it.

Does that make me any less of a fan than anyone else on the board? I don't think so.

That's just "Keeping it Real"

:2cents:

Uh oh Chewy. You know that you are going to feel the repercussions from the "regulars" for this one. You are not a real fan because how dare you look at the big picture and call it like you see it. ;)

Keep it real my man. :cheers:

Uh oh Chewy. You know that you are going to feel the repercussions from the "regulars" for this one. You are not a real fan because how dare you look at the big picture and call it like you see it. ;)

Chewey must be new, that is the ES way. We where outplayed, coached, etc on every level. I thought we had a chance to win but I also knew we had to play the perfect game and that the hoped the Pats really wanted to, subconciously, lose. Oh well on to the Jets.

Chewey must be new, that is the ES way. We where outplayed, coached, etc on every level. I thought we had a chance to win but I also knew we had to play the perfect game and that the hoped the Pats really wanted to, subconciously, lose. Oh well on to the Jets.

Today, however, upon witnessing the massacre that was our game against New England, I am completely and utterly without opinion.

Uh...I think you just gave your opinion when you started this thread.

My boss and I talked about this game for a week. We braced ourselves for a loss, so I wasn't as mad about it as I would've been if I tried to tell myself we could win. But, I didn't think it would be a blowout either.

Well...bring on the JETS! :cheers:

Today, however, upon witnessing the massacre that was our game against New England, I am completely and utterly without opinion.

Uh...I think you just gave your opinion when you started this thread.

My boss and I talked about this game for a week. We braced ourselves for a loss, so I wasn't as mad about it as I would've been if I tried to tell myself we could win. But, I didn't think it would be a blowout either.

Well...bring on the JETS! :cheers:

This loss showed me some things:

1. Joe Gibbs is out of his league and will never again be an elite NFL coach.

2. Jason Campbell is ordinary and shouldn't be on the field. High school QBs know to keep two hands on the ball, and hold it chest-high until it's time to tuck it. One would also think he'd be contrite or at least apologetic after playing like a (really bad) little leaguer. Instead he sounded like they'd just lost a preseason game.

3. Gregg Williams has an ego you can photograph from the air. His defense gave up seven TDs and never actually stopped the Pats; the Pats stopped themselves. How does Williams explain getting his arse handed to him? By blaming the players ("They did exactly what we knew they'd do, they went exactly where we knew they'd go, it's just that our players didn't stop them.") Way to point fingers, Mr. Massengill.

4. The Pats and the Skins has almost identicle payrolls, but it's not a stretch to say that their second team could give our starters a game (if not beat us). Until Snyder stops overpaying players (example: Carlos Rogers is making $8M this season and is the team's highest paid player) this will never get corrected. Anyone see this happening anytime soon? I didn't think so.

5. This is an undiciplined group of rag-tag players that are allowed to dictate to the coaching staff when they'll play and when they won't, when they'll practice and when they won't, and when and how they'll prepare for the upcoming season.

Plainly put, this team is a mess. It's going to take a new staff, new front office, and several player changes to once again become an elite team. Hope none of you are in a hurry.

This loss showed me some things:

1. Joe Gibbs is out of his league and will never again be an elite NFL coach.

2. Jason Campbell is ordinary and shouldn't be on the field. High school QBs know to keep two hands on the ball, and hold it chest-high until it's time to tuck it. One would also think he'd be contrite or at least apologetic after playing like a (really bad) little leaguer. Instead he sounded like they'd just lost a preseason game.

3. Gregg Williams has an ego you can photograph from the air. His defense gave up seven TDs and never actually stopped the Pats; the Pats stopped themselves. How does Williams explain getting his arse handed to him? By blaming the players ("They did exactly what we knew they'd do, they went exactly where we knew they'd go, it's just that our players didn't stop them.") Way to point fingers, Mr. Massengill.

4. The Pats and the Skins has almost identicle payrolls, but it's not a stretch to say that their second team could give our starters a game (if not beat us). Until Snyder stops overpaying players (example: Carlos Rogers is making $8M this season and is the team's highest paid player) this will never get corrected. Anyone see this happening anytime soon? I didn't think so.

5. This is an undiciplined group of rag-tag players that are allowed to dictate to the coaching staff when they'll play and when they won't, when they'll practice and when they won't, and when and how they'll prepare for the upcoming season.

Plainly put, this team is a mess. It's going to take a new staff, new front office, and several player changes to once again become an elite team. Hope none of you are in a hurry.

I think we will beat the Jets but cmon... Aside from the Detroit game, there is nothing spectacular going on... I really wish I could be more positive but the team has to show me first at this point... CAN OUR WRs GET A TOUCHDOWN THIS CENTURY???

True. I too think we will beat the JEts, but I won't be excited about this team if we do. The Jets are horrible.

Deep down I know that the Skins are an average team at best. Even healthy they beat a pathetic Miami team at home by only 3 points in OT.

I think we will beat the Jets but cmon... Aside from the Detroit game, there is nothing spectacular going on... I really wish I could be more positive but the team has to show me first at this point... CAN OUR WRs GET A TOUCHDOWN THIS CENTURY???

True. I too think we will beat the JEts, but I won't be excited about this team if we do. The Jets are horrible.

Deep down I know that the Skins are an average team at best. Even healthy they beat a pathetic Miami team at home by only 3 points in OT.

Today I am apathetic to this loss. It was very painful to watch, though. My thought is this:

Before the season began if someone asked me if I'd be happy if the Redskins were 5-3 halfway through the regular season I'd probably say yes. 6-2 would be nice, but 5-3....I'll take it. Well, we are one win away from 5-3 and we play a struggling team (who might be without Laverneus Toes) with a poor offense. It is time to forget about the game played yesterday and look forward to beating the Jets this week to get to 5-3 and remaining right in the thick of the playoff race.

HTTR

Today I am apathetic to this loss. It was very painful to watch, though. My thought is this:

Before the season began if someone asked me if I'd be happy if the Redskins were 5-3 halfway through the regular season I'd probably say yes. 6-2 would be nice, but 5-3....I'll take it. Well, we are one win away from 5-3 and we play a struggling team (who might be without Laverneus Toes) with a poor offense. It is time to forget about the game played yesterday and look forward to beating the Jets this week to get to 5-3 and remaining right in the thick of the playoff race.

HTTR

Its hard to remain interested in a team when you lose faith in them. I know everyone's expectations were high on this team, especially being above .500 early in the year. But after getting beat on like that, and exposing how lame this franchise is in comparison to a team like the Pats its hard to show enthusiasm about the team. Our foreseeable seam dim at best, and I'm not sure how this team will finish up. We can barely beat the teams we're supposed to beat, and we get waxed against the dominant opponents.

All I can say, or see with this team is that we need a lot of work. In all facets of the game, that even goes for the coaching staff.

Its hard to remain interested in a team when you lose faith in them. I know everyone's expectations were high on this team, especially being above .500 early in the year. But after getting beat on like that, and exposing how lame this franchise is in comparison to a team like the Pats its hard to show enthusiasm about the team. Our foreseeable seam dim at best, and I'm not sure how this team will finish up. We can barely beat the teams we're supposed to beat, and we get waxed against the dominant opponents.

All I can say, or see with this team is that we need a lot of work. In all facets of the game, that even goes for the coaching staff.

Sadly, I agree with everything you said in your post.

I remember when Gibbs was re-hired. I thought that if he couldn't win under Snyder, no one could. But I thought he would win.

Here we are in year 4, and the Skins don't appear to be in much better shape than they were the day he was brought back.

I honestly don't think anyone can win under the current ownership.

I remember when Gibbs was re-hired. I thought that if he couldn't win under Snyder, no one could. But I thought he would win.

Here we are in year 4, and the Skins don't appear to be in much better shape than they were the day he was brought back.

If you can't see that we are much better today than we were in 2003, you're a blind moron. Seriously, we may not be where we want to be, but we are miles ahead of where we were when Gibbs got here.

If you can't see that we are much better today than we were in 2003, you're a blind moron. Seriously, we may not be where we want to be, but we are miles ahead of where we were when Gibbs got here.

Wins in Spurrier's last season - 5

Wins in Gibbs last season - 5

Miles ahead? Nah.

Blind moron? Perhaps. But not as blind as someone who thinks this franchise is in good shape.

Wins in Spurrier's last season - 5

Wins in Gibbs last season - 5

Miles ahead? Nah.

Blind moron? Perhaps. But not as blind as someone who thinks this franchise is in good shape.

The only thing more predictable than doomsday threads after a loss are the delusional threads after beating a bad team. If the Skins beat the Jets, which they should, everyone will start planning for 12-4 again.

The truth is that the Skins have lost to three teams that are better than they are and have won four games to teams worse than they are, with the possible exception of the Lions, which I count as a quality win. Its a team that is slightly better than last year, but the injuries to the line are making it hard to beat bad teams.

The only thing more predictable than doomsday threads after a loss are the delusional threads after beating a bad team. If the Skins beat the Jets, which they should, everyone will start planning for 12-4 again.

The truth is that the Skins have lost to three teams that are better than they are and have won four games to teams worse than they are, with the possible exception of the Lions, which I count as a quality win. Its a team that is slightly better than last year, but the injuries to the line are making it hard to beat bad teams.

Archived