Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am absolutely apathetic to this loss...

Touchdown Redskins

...and I don't know why.

Let me first admit that I was one of the few fans that thought we were going to lose. I am not honking my own horn, and I am not proud of the fact that we lost just so I could say I was right. Usually, however, I am in a completely foul mood when the Redskins lose. Today, however, upon witnessing the massacre that was our game against New England, I am completely and utterly without opinion.

Yes, I am astonished that New England is that good. I actually bet a friend that we would cover the spread because I thought our defense was that good. But this astonishment is over the Patriots. I have absolutely no opinion of what direction our team is going after today's game because the Patriots are simply the best team I have ever seen assembled. We could have been a horribly bad team or an amazingly good one, and we would have gotten waxed all the same. I'm not mad, I'm not sad, I'm not disappointed, but I'm definitely not happy. It's like this game never existed.

It's incredibly odd. I've never experienced apathy toward a Redskins game until today. Even when we got destroyed by the New York Giants two years ago, I was mad. Does anyone else share in my apathy? Can anyone explain it?

...and I don't know why.

Let me first admit that I was one of the few fans that thought we were going to lose. I am not honking my own horn, and I am not proud of the fact that we lost just so I could say I was right. Usually, however, I am in a completely foul mood when the Redskins lose. Today, however, upon witnessing the massacre that was our game against New England, I am completely and utterly without opinion.

Yes, I am astonished that New England is that good. I actually bet a friend that we would cover the spread because I thought our defense was that good. But this astonishment is over the Patriots. I have absolutely no opinion of what direction our team is going after today's game because the Patriots are simply the best team I have ever seen assembled. We could have been a horribly bad team or an amazingly good one, and we would have gotten waxed all the same. I'm not mad, I'm not sad, I'm not disappointed, but I'm definitely not happy. It's like this game never existed.

It's incredibly odd. I've never experienced apathy toward a Redskins game until today. Even when we got destroyed by the New York Giants two years ago, I was mad. Does anyone else share in my apathy? Can anyone explain it?

You knew we were going to lose to one of the best teams ever. Considering all our offensive problems and the ease with which the Pats have demolished their opponents, it was not a shock. Also, despite the point difference, it was only one loss. We are 4-3 going into the Meadowlands next week.

You knew we were going to lose to one of the best teams ever. Considering all our offensive problems and the ease with which the Pats have demolished their opponents, it was not a shock. Also, despite the point difference, it was only one loss. We are 4-3 going into the Meadowlands next week.

Us fans need to take these games one game at a time. Okay, so we're not on the Patriot's level... not many teams go into NE and win. For some reason I remember Jacksonville going up there and getting destroyed in the playoffs 2 years ago, and some other NFC team getting destroyed last year around December (maybe Tampa Bay?). I thought the Redskins would do good since they held the Colts close last season, but this result wasn't all surprising. The Patriots have a great OL, and Brady is one of the most accuracy QBs... so the fact that we couldn't touch Brady and their receivers could basically run underneath our weak-zones shouldn't have been surprising. I'm reminded of the preseason game played either this or last year, but New England basically did the same thing. I don't think Rocky or LBF are all that great in coverage and NE picked at that until no end... don't get me wrong LBF is excellent at stopping the run, but they both need work playing zone...

Us fans need to take these games one game at a time. Okay, so we're not on the Patriot's level... not many teams go into NE and win. For some reason I remember Jacksonville going up there and getting destroyed in the playoffs 2 years ago, and some other NFC team getting destroyed last year around December (maybe Tampa Bay?). I thought the Redskins would do good since they held the Colts close last season, but this result wasn't all surprising. The Patriots have a great OL, and Brady is one of the most accuracy QBs... so the fact that we couldn't touch Brady and their receivers could basically run underneath our weak-zones shouldn't have been surprising. I'm reminded of the preseason game played either this or last year, but New England basically did the same thing. I don't think Rocky or LBF are all that great in coverage and NE picked at that until no end... don't get me wrong LBF is excellent at stopping the run, but they both need work playing zone...

I think we will beat the Jets but cmon... Aside from the Detroit game, there is nothing spectacular going on... I really wish I could be more positive but the team has to show me first at this point... CAN OUR WRs GET A TOUCHDOWN THIS CENTURY???

I think we will beat the Jets but cmon... Aside from the Detroit game, there is nothing spectacular going on... I really wish I could be more positive but the team has to show me first at this point... CAN OUR WRs GET A TOUCHDOWN THIS CENTURY???

In the prediction thread I think I guessed 45 to 10 or 17. So I was a few points off, big deal.

The thing that really surprised me is the number of fans who actually thought we had a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game.

What's worse than that is those fans [clueless about the game of football I might add] have the nerve to call people out and say they are not fans because they don't support the team.

I fully expected to get blown out, just not quite that bad.

I'm sorry people, but I never sugar coat anything. We are far from a contender in this NFL. We are not one or two players away from being an elite team either. Outside of Chris Samuels, our O line, even with starters healthy is average at best, and our D line isn't that good.

We may be a hair over a 500 team, and that's the reality of it.

Does that make me any less of a fan than anyone else on the board? I don't think so.

That's just "Keeping it Real"

:2cents:

In the prediction thread I think I guessed 45 to 10 or 17. So I was a few points off, big deal.

The thing that really surprised me is the number of fans who actually thought we had a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game.

What's worse than that is those fans [clueless about the game of football I might add] have the nerve to call people out and say they are not fans because they don't support the team.

I'm sorry people, but I never sugar coat anything. We are far from a contender in this NFL. We are not one or two players away from being an elite team either. Outside of Chris Samuels, our O line, even with starters healthy is average at best, and our D line isn't that good.

Does that make me any less of a fan than anyone else on the board? I don't think so.

I'm feeling apathetic towards this loss, too. I think the issue at hand is that we can't nitpick at any particular player, coach, or scout in this organization. Everyone proved pathetic today. Pardon the bleakness of this analogy: it's like the difference between knowing there is a cancerous growth on one's back versus knowing cancer has metastacized throughout one's body. If one can remove the growth, there is at least a chance at leading a happy normal life. On the other hand, there's no chance at said happiness with the other alternative. There's no point in being sad or angry. Not much one can do except enjoy the rest of the ride. I'm hoping for a deep run into the playoffs, even if there is no happiness (superbowl) at the end of the tunnel.

I'm feeling apathetic towards this loss, too. I think the issue at hand is that we can't nitpick at any particular player, coach, or scout in this organization. Everyone proved pathetic today. Pardon the bleakness of this analogy: it's like the difference between knowing there is a cancerous growth on one's back versus knowing cancer has metastacized throughout one's body. If one can remove the growth, there is at least a chance at leading a happy normal life. On the other hand, there's no chance at said happiness with the other alternative. There's no point in being sad or angry. Not much one can do except enjoy the rest of the ride. I'm hoping for a deep run into the playoffs, even if there is no happiness (superbowl) at the end of the tunnel.

you are right dude, im not bothered at all by this loss. I felt much worse about losing the other two because we had the game ,but gave it up. This one was not even competitive. I hope that they all gut check themselves this week. i mean everyone from top to bottom. If we cant get some playmakers to play then we need to get rid, bench, trade, release, our stars until we get some people in here to perform.

you are right dude, im not bothered at all by this loss. I felt much worse about losing the other two because we had the game ,but gave it up. This one was not even competitive. I hope that they all gut check themselves this week. i mean everyone from top to bottom. If we cant get some playmakers to play then we need to get rid, bench, trade, release, our stars until we get some people in here to perform.

Fine. You all can live in la-la land and say this loss to NE is the same as our loss to GB.

Everyone is pumped to play the Jets... Really? I guess the Jets are going to the playoffs this year??? Who needs Lasix surgery!!!!

Its like saying, ok we cant play with a good team, so give us the crap teams... Im sorry but I like to be able to beat the best, and if we cant beat the best, at least make it a game.

Fine. You all can live in la-la land and say this loss to NE is the same as our loss to GB.

Everyone is pumped to play the Jets... Really? I guess the Jets are going to the playoffs this year??? Who needs Lasix surgery!!!!

Its like saying, ok we cant play with a good team, so give us the crap teams... Im sorry but I like to be able to beat the best, and if we cant beat the best, at least make it a game.

Uh oh Chewy. You know that you are going to feel the repercussions from the "regulars" for this one. You are not a real fan because how dare you look at the big picture and call it like you see it. ;)

Keep it real my man. :cheers:

Archived