Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do YOU pick as our next coach...GREGG WILLIAMS?

GO GO SKINS

A non-college coach...we all know what happened the last time the Redskins signed a coach from college. If his name does not frighten you enough , how about Bobby Petrino? He's doing real well in the pros...or Lane Kiffin? Stay away from college assistants and coaches . they are trained in a game that isn't as advanced as the NFL , and the players don't exactly like to listen to those kind of guys. :doh:

If Gibbs does go would you want him to remain with the team in some capacity , or should he just move on and handle NASCAR full time?

A non-college coach...we all know what happened the last time the Redskins signed a coach from college. If his name does not frighten you enough , how about Bobby Petrino? He's doing real well in the pros...or Lane Kiffin? Stay away from college assistants and coaches . they are trained in a game that isn't as advanced as the NFL , and the players don't exactly like to listen to those kind of guys. :doh:

If Gibbs does go would you want him to remain with the team in some capacity , or should he just move on and handle NASCAR full time?

GM, it's the way to go. Time to send Vinny packing and let Danny just sign the checks and sit in the box.

AGREED. We need to start with a legit NFL General Manager and go from there. Seeing the Pats today reminded me so much of the '92 skinz superbowl team. I cannot believe we have been watching bad football this long in DC.

GM, it's the way to go. Time to send Vinny packing and let Danny just sign the checks and sit in the box.

AGREED. We need to start with a legit NFL General Manager and go from there. Seeing the Pats today reminded me so much of the '92 skinz superbowl team. I cannot believe we have been watching bad football this long in DC.

I'm not sure who should be our next coach, I just know that Gibbs can't get the job done. He seems old, tired, and downright clueless sometimes. I wish people would stop saying "how many Super Bowls has he won?" That was a LONG time ago. He is clearly not capable of producing a successful NFL team in today's game.

I think we definetely need a good GM/personnel man. Cerrato is nothing more than Snyder's yes man.

I think more and more people are beginning to feel this way about Gibbs. You and I are the same age, but did you happen to follow the team as a kid? I remember the 87 Superbowl season well, and I followed the 91 team almost as close as I do now. The reason I ask is, despite the fact that you have valid points, I think most of us who remember the Superbowl years have a very difficult time coming to terms with Gibbs' weakness as a coach in the modern game. I can't bring myself to want him gone...I think a lot of people feel that sense of loyalty to him, despite the validity of your points.

I'm not sure who should be our next coach, I just know that Gibbs can't get the job done. He seems old, tired, and downright clueless sometimes. I wish people would stop saying "how many Super Bowls has he won?" That was a LONG time ago. He is clearly not capable of producing a successful NFL team in today's game.

I think we definetely need a good GM/personnel man. Cerrato is nothing more than Snyder's yes man.

I think more and more people are beginning to feel this way about Gibbs. You and I are the same age, but did you happen to follow the team as a kid? I remember the 87 Superbowl season well, and I followed the 91 team almost as close as I do now. The reason I ask is, despite the fact that you have valid points, I think most of us who remember the Superbowl years have a very difficult time coming to terms with Gibbs' weakness as a coach in the modern game. I can't bring myself to want him gone...I think a lot of people feel that sense of loyalty to him, despite the validity of your points.

A non-college coach...we all know what happened the last time the Redskins signed a coach from college. If his name does not frighten you enough , how about Bobby Petrino? He's doing real well in the pros...or Lane Kiffin? Stay away from college assistants and coaches.

Disagree.

First I want to make clear that I do not feel Gibbs should be fired. I still feel the man has earned the right to finish his contract if he so desires but also feel that if this season goes down the toilet (I don't think it will btw) that he will most likely resign as head coach.

That said, I also agree with what others have said that we need a GM first to make the choice. Bringing in just a new head coach but keeping the rest of the organization in place would be idiotic.

Lastly, I don't think any potential coach should be off the table simply because of past failure.

So Steve Spurrier failed here and thus we should stay away from all other college coaches. This may prevent us from hiring the next Jimmy Johnson.

Should we stay away from NFL assistants because Norv failed here?

Should we stay away from former NFL coaches because Marty and Gibbs 2.0 failed here?

Nope. Whenever Gibbs leaves, be it this year or next, we need to make a great hire at GM and trust him to find us our next great head coach be it an NFL assistant or college coach or perhaps stay in house and hire someone already on staff.

A non-college coach...we all know what happened the last time the Redskins signed a coach from college. If his name does not frighten you enough , how about Bobby Petrino? He's doing real well in the pros...or Lane Kiffin? Stay away from college assistants and coaches.

Disagree.

First I want to make clear that I do not feel Gibbs should be fired. I still feel the man has earned the right to finish his contract if he so desires but also feel that if this season goes down the toilet (I don't think it will btw) that he will most likely resign as head coach.

That said, I also agree with what others have said that we need a GM first to make the choice. Bringing in just a new head coach but keeping the rest of the organization in place would be idiotic.

Lastly, I don't think any potential coach should be off the table simply because of past failure.

So Steve Spurrier failed here and thus we should stay away from all other college coaches. This may prevent us from hiring the next Jimmy Johnson.

Should we stay away from NFL assistants because Norv failed here?

Should we stay away from former NFL coaches because Marty and Gibbs 2.0 failed here?

Nope. Whenever Gibbs leaves, be it this year or next, we need to make a great hire at GM and trust him to find us our next great head coach be it an NFL assistant or college coach or perhaps stay in house and hire someone already on staff.

Bill Cower or (I know I'll get flamed for this) Jason Garrett.
I hate Cowboys, but the idea of Jason Garrett running the show sort of gets me excited. I also do not condone the firing of Joe Gibbs.
Ron Rivera or Jason Garrett.

JKC once thought as you do. What's the saying, He who does not learn from the past is doomed to repeat it.

a_turner_vt.jpg

Bill Cower or (I know I'll get flamed for this) Jason Garrett.
I hate Cowboys, but the idea of Jason Garrett running the show sort of gets me excited. I also do not condone the firing of Joe Gibbs.
Ron Rivera or Jason Garrett.

JKC once thought as you do. What's the saying, He who does not learn from the past is doomed to repeat it.

a_turner_vt.jpg

Archived