Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do YOU pick as our next coach...GREGG WILLIAMS?

GO GO SKINS

Cower or Grimm.

Agree!!!!

Look what Bill did in Pittsburg on a team that had to let players go because of money. Imagine what he could do on a team that will pay those players.

I would like us to hire a GM first though, maybe Gibbs can take that role.

Cower or Grimm.

Agree!!!!

Look what Bill did in Pittsburg on a team that had to let players go because of money. Imagine what he could do on a team that will pay those players.

I would like us to hire a GM first though, maybe Gibbs can take that role.

Many have given up on Gibbs, after four years, which I can not fault. Who would YOU, the fans, think can come in and change things? Dan Snyder has tried many coaches from different avenues, and lets not forget that he wants to win too. How about Gregg Williams?

YES!! Yes Sir! Si...however you want to say it, I think Greg Williams would do an awesome job...as long as he doesn't hire Al Saunders as the Offensive Coordinator.

Many have given up on Gibbs, after four years, which I can not fault. Who would YOU, the fans, think can come in and change things? Dan Snyder has tried many coaches from different avenues, and lets not forget that he wants to win too. How about Gregg Williams?

YES!! Yes Sir! Si...however you want to say it, I think Greg Williams would do an awesome job...as long as he doesn't hire Al Saunders as the Offensive Coordinator.

I think more and more people are beginning to feel this way about Gibbs. You and I are the same age, but did you happen to follow the team as a kid? I remember the 87 Superbowl season well, and I followed the 91 team almost as close as I do now. The reason I ask is, despite the fact that you have valid points, I think most of us who remember the Superbowl years have a very difficult time coming to terms with Gibbs' weakness as a coach in the modern game. I can't bring myself to want him gone...I think a lot of people feel that sense of loyalty to him, despite the validity of your points.

Yeah I've been a fan of the team since I was born into it. I obviously don't remember Gibbs early years as vividly as I do Gibbs version II. All I know is the man I see on the sidelines just seems out of place. He has been horrible at game/clock management, preparation and playcalling (along with Saunders). I just get tired of people always bringing up the past. Yes, what he did in the PAST for this franchise is great and will never be forgotten, but people need to be honest with themselves. He is not the right guy to coach this team.

I think more and more people are beginning to feel this way about Gibbs. You and I are the same age, but did you happen to follow the team as a kid? I remember the 87 Superbowl season well, and I followed the 91 team almost as close as I do now. The reason I ask is, despite the fact that you have valid points, I think most of us who remember the Superbowl years have a very difficult time coming to terms with Gibbs' weakness as a coach in the modern game. I can't bring myself to want him gone...I think a lot of people feel that sense of loyalty to him, despite the validity of your points.

Yeah I've been a fan of the team since I was born into it. I obviously don't remember Gibbs early years as vividly as I do Gibbs version II. All I know is the man I see on the sidelines just seems out of place. He has been horrible at game/clock management, preparation and playcalling (along with Saunders). I just get tired of people always bringing up the past. Yes, what he did in the PAST for this franchise is great and will never be forgotten, but people need to be honest with themselves. He is not the right guy to coach this team.

Lastly, I don't think any potential coach should be off the table simply because of past failure.

So Steve Spurrier failed here and thus we should stay away from all other college coaches. This may prevent us from hiring the next Jimmy Johnson.

Should we stay away from NFL assistants because Norv failed here?

Should we stay away from former NFL coaches because Marty and Gibbs 2.0 failed here?

Nope. Whenever Gibbs leaves, be it this year or next, we need to make a great hire at GM and trust him to find us our next great head coach be it an NFL assistant or college coach or perhaps stay in house and hire someone already on staff.

College coaches have been proven time and time again to be failures in the modern NFL. I doubt the signing of another college coach will improve this team. This isn't a problem with the Redskins , but with all teams. Every year a college whiz coach decides to bolt from his football school and take on a challenge it almost always ends in failure. I doubt Les Miles or Urban Meyer would have success in the NFL...the only one that even came close was Saban and he succeeded his first year , kind of , 2nd year failed and then he quit. I would rather have someone who is experienced in the NFL such as a coordinator or a former head coach (one who isn't too estranged from the game...) Many people here have said Cowher and that sounds like a good choice. Him , Grimm , anyone who will open up that offense and call games better.

Lastly, I don't think any potential coach should be off the table simply because of past failure.

So Steve Spurrier failed here and thus we should stay away from all other college coaches. This may prevent us from hiring the next Jimmy Johnson.

Should we stay away from NFL assistants because Norv failed here?

Should we stay away from former NFL coaches because Marty and Gibbs 2.0 failed here?

Nope. Whenever Gibbs leaves, be it this year or next, we need to make a great hire at GM and trust him to find us our next great head coach be it an NFL assistant or college coach or perhaps stay in house and hire someone already on staff.

College coaches have been proven time and time again to be failures in the modern NFL. I doubt the signing of another college coach will improve this team. This isn't a problem with the Redskins , but with all teams. Every year a college whiz coach decides to bolt from his football school and take on a challenge it almost always ends in failure. I doubt Les Miles or Urban Meyer would have success in the NFL...the only one that even came close was Saban and he succeeded his first year , kind of , 2nd year failed and then he quit. I would rather have someone who is experienced in the NFL such as a coordinator or a former head coach (one who isn't too estranged from the game...) Many people here have said Cowher and that sounds like a good choice. Him , Grimm , anyone who will open up that offense and call games better.

Archived