Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Against the Pats: Pressure Brady or get Dominated (Merged X 4 )

NoCalMike

Hate to say it (at least I hate to go on the record saying it) but after today's game it really looks like the way to beat NE would be to take Brady out and make Cassel play. Oooooo, one of those immutable laws of the football universe, I know but NE - TB + MC = very beatable, even by us.

The Lions weren't hard to gameplan for, especially for us. We matched up perfectly with them. They have no running game, no OL, and a QB that isn't particularly great(system QB whos made by his WRs).

The Pats are a nightmare. Future HOF QB, future HOF WR along with two other great threats, good running game, etc. etc.

Unlike the title of this thread, the final score is not really a function of whether we can pressure Brady.

It is about how many 3 and out our offense will have.

It seems like we can have at least 20 of those per game, based on Az game. That is 20 touch downs for NE.

20 touch downs = 140 pts.

Final score:

Patriots: 140

Skins 7

So, with next weeks upcoming game, the question is, how do we attack brady?

Do you try to rush 4 and drop back 7, in an attempt to get to him with 4, while limiting his downfield throws?

Or do we blitz the crap out of him, and hope we can force him into making mistakes?

I'm really not sure how to attack him. But my feeling is we should use more man-to-man schemes, because he can destroy pretty much any zone we throw at him.

Problem with Brady is, he's every bit as good at beating a blitz as he is a coverage formation. He's exceptional at reading the blitz and reacting accordingly. It's not so much the blitzing, it's the timing of them. He's a very tough player to game plan against and I don't envy Coach Williams task of doing so.

There is noone better at beating the blitz then Brady. I doubt we blitz much at all, though I would like to see us try to sneak in a couple of corner blitzes from the blind side. Dallas had a little success with that.

With what I saw out on the field today, we are doomed. Our only chance is to hope that New England will be looking ahead to the next week, when they'll face Indianapolis.

Otherwise, Gibbs is not ready to face a team of this caliber. I'm expecting it to get real ugly fast. But I guess you can tell that I'm no longer a Gibbs supporter. He's too old-school for today's salary cap, free agency NFL. The game has passed him by, and he can't even remember how to manage the clock.

Yeah I think you make them try and run the ball and not make them get the home run. We can't get the quick strike offense like they can. We need to be able to be a ball control team and help out the defense. If the defense can make them run the ball and hold them to field goals we have a good chance of winning the game.

Sean Taylor and Laron Landry can punish the receivers deep. They aren't roy williams. They can not only hit, but they cover the field as well. I think that we can take away the deep ball. It is the intermediate passes that will concern me,YAC, that is what I am most concerned about.

For the skins to win would take all the planets and stars aligning properly. It would take multiple injuries to the pats including T. Brady. It would take some freak of nature to happen. And I'd love to see it. But I'm not holding my breath. Not with this outdated coaching staff.

Best chance for us to win........ Tom Brady gets a concussion from a Landry Blitz.

Unfortunately........ he'd probably still make it back onto the field

Only be actually decapitated by another Landry Blitz.

Even still, he'd probably throw for 4 touchdowns.

Best chance for us to win........ Tom Brady gets a concussion from a Landry Blitz.

Unfortunately........ he'd probably still make it back onto the field

Only be actually decapitated by another Landry Blitz.

Even still, he'd probably throw for 4 touchdowns.

He got hit hard on a sack today that had him a little shaken up. But he picked himself up, dusted himself off and on the very next play threw a spectacular bomb to Moss for a TD. I mean, picture perfect.

I don't know how to play this guy. He does very well under pressure, but at the same time, our DBs are massively outclassed by their WRs. And if you give Brady time...

Archived