Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone watch Bill Maher's show last night?

ImmortalDragon

BTW, that happened because a couple of weeks again in the New Rules segment at the end of the show, Maher called out the 9/11 "Truthers" for the retardedness and to stop asking him to talk about it on his show. I knew something was going to happen eventually. I was reading the comments over at rawstory.com after he called them out and they were going crazy. "Zionist shill," "corporate lackey," "secret Bushie," ugh. I really can't stand those people.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=280380&GT1=7703

Maher Boots Protester From Audience

Oct. 20, 2007, 6:02 AM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Bill Maher can add "security guard" to his job description alongside comedian and political commentator.

Maher on Friday night helped security remove a rowdy protester from the studio during his weekly HBO show "Real Time with Bill Maher," and it was all captured on live television.

Maher was talking science during one of his weekly panel discussions when a protester in his audience stood up, held up a smuggled-in sign reading "9/11 is a cover up fraud" and shouted comments to the same effect.

The host tried to shout down the audience member, who only became more agitated.

"Do we have some (expletive) security in this building," Maher yelled, "or do I have to come down there and kick his (expletive)?"

When security reached the man's aisle and the man resisted leaving, Maher ran into the seats and helped them push him out the door, shouting "Out! Out! Out!"

Several other protesters, sprinkled throughout the audience, then stood up and shouted.

"This isn't the Iowa Caucus, OK, we're not here to debate," Maher shouted with most of his audience cheering him on. "This is the problem with live television."

The incident was shown live on the East Coast, and the network appeared to show the entire affair unedited for the taped-delayed West Coast version.

After the instigators were ejected, Maher told his panelists — MSNBC's Chris Matthews, Los Angeles Times columnist Joel Stein and Congresswoman Sheila Jackson — that they often linger outside his studio to share 9/11 conspiracy theories with him and try to get into the show.

"It's the only time I defend Bush," he said.

"I'm thinking about firing my audience department," he added.

Regular audience members found the ruckus thrilling.

"We picked a very exciting night to be here," Eliot Stein, a 54-year-old high school teacher, said via cell phone.

"There's few live TV shows anymore, and here you got to see, it was like a movie. It was great."

Phone and e-mail messages left with HBO officials late Friday were not immediately returned.

haha i tuned in for the first time to that show (just found out i have hbo). he waited for security to kick the guy out and he wouldnt shut up so he ran after the guy but security beat Bill to the protestor. really funny watching it live.

Hmm..

Screening the audience

Not allowing public dissent

Utilizing security to remove opposing views

Attempting to shout down the public

Threatening physical harm

Attempting to take the law into his own hands

:cheers:

Amazing how intolerant he can be while not being a republican :silly:

Funny, I thought the left was all for free speech

I thought Bush/Hitler had taken that all away

These poor souls probably were on the run from Cheney's Brownshirts and thought they'd had found the one place they thought they could regain theie Constitutional rights and say what they wanted.

Guess MAher's only about free speech when it comes from the left

Give me a break with "the Maher must not believe in free speech" comments. These idiots were interrupting a live TV broadcast. If I go to a movie, I can't yell out crazy stuff, making the movie impossible to watch, and claim "free speech" when security tries to remove me.

It was unacceptable behavior and it would be no matter what they were saying and no matter what side of the political aisle they or the show's host fall on.

Not everything has to be a republican/democrat issue. At least not for rational people -- which apparently there are less of by the day.

I saw that. I would have been pissed, too. The audience isnt the show. Bill Maher and his guests are the show.

I agree completely.

A show or speech or news conference ect. are not the place for acts of protest that disrupt the event.

Give me a break with "the Maher must not believe in free speech" comments. These idiots were interrupting a live TV broadcast. If I go to a movie, I can't yell out crazy stuff, making the movie impossible to watch, and claim "free speech" when security tries to remove me.

It was unacceptable behavior and it would be no matter what they were saying and no matter what side of the political aisle they or the show's host fall on.

Not everything has to be a republican/democrat issue. At least not for rational people -- which apparently there are less of by the day.

Oh I agree it's unacceptable. But it's funny, when libs do that type stuff for a lib cause, why it's civil disobedience. When it happens to libs, it's a disruption and bad behavior

That was great!! I missed it. That was cool seeing people in the audience who didn't love maher. Those in the crowd that were thrown out, are the base support of the democratic party. I guess even maher will only go so far left before he has to draw the line :)

Oh I agree it's unacceptable. But it's funny, when libs do that type stuff for a lib cause, why it's civil disobedience. When it happens to libs, it's a disruption and bad behavior

It's amazing how you try to shoehorn virtually any discussion into a "Dems" or "libs" issue. Don't you get tired of being a One-Note Charlie?

It's amazing how you try to shoehorn virtually any discussion into a "Dems" or "libs" issue. Don't you get tired of being a One-Note Charlie?

Just curious where you come up with Dems???

Maher is a Libertarian

Or are liberals and Dems synonymous now? :laugh:

Archived