Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My goodness, Patriots!

Rufus T Firefly

As a Cowboy fan, I don't think it was "classless". Indy and NE are CLEARLY the top2 teams in the NFL, and they happen to be in the same conference. It wouldn't surprise me if the tiebreaker between these two teams ends up being total points scored/point differential, so I can understand Belichick going for it in this case. It may seem like he was rubbing it in Dallas' faces, but in reality it was probably forward thinking by Belichick.

As much as I don't like seeing teams sit on a lead, it was a cheesy move by Pat's to not kneel down on the TD.

If Dallas hadn't taken their last timeout after the 2 minute warning then the the clock would have run out before the TD. The Patriots ran the ball into the middle of the line 4 times using their #4 or 5 RB for the last 3.

If Dallas hadn't taken their last timeout after the 2 minute warning then the the clock would have run out before the TD. The Patriots ran the ball into the middle of the line 4 times using their #4 or 5 RB for the last 3.
They actually only ran it down the middle once, going over RT twice and LT once but does that really matter? The fact is the weren't sitting on it, they were still thinking score!

Yes, you are right. According to some, I suppose they should apologize because Dallas couldn't stop their 4th RB?

You only kick a field goal is you need points. The other option is kneeling down and turning the ball over. I suppose now the Patriots need to hand the opponent the ball and not run any plays to be "classy" in today's NFL.

Seriously, if "classiness" is such a huge deal to fans, then they should probably be following a different sport. All this talk about being classy is frankly embarrassing. What is this, golf?

All they did was run the ball straight ahead. If they had pulled out a trick play that would be one thing, but running inside the tackles 3 or 4 times in a row is about as close to kneeling as you can get. If they kneel on 4th down Dallas gets the ball back.

Not only that, but wasn't the guy that scored their 3rd string RB? Its not like they threw the ball for the TD, people. Get over it. Also, isn't points scored a tiebreaker at the end of the year?

This why I'm not upset about them scoring the last TD. I would love for the Cowboys to make the SB and facing the Pats would not be out of the question.

I think this last score would more likely fire them up than it would demoralize them.

Firing them up wouldn't even matter. If they met in the Super Bowl im thinking the score would be about the same.

I'm having fun looking at the cowgirls "ranch" fan forum..

"That was very Classless of Bill to call a run on the play, with 19 sec left in the game when he could have hit a field goal or something, all he cares about is putting 50 on the board trying to make his team look great by scoring they already won but yet he goes ahead and calls the play anyway. oh well we had control of the game but lost it.... I bet he wont do that to the colts though."

"i agree that was classless. they are up 41 - 27 and decide to punch one in for what? a playoff tie-breaker? are you kidding me? they are on pace to get a bye week and home field advantage at the end of the season, the way they are playing. They didn't need that TD. That just shows you how ****y, and arrogant that organization is. What could we have done with 30 something seconds left on the clock being down 44 - 27?"

"You can make all the boohoo comments you want but it was a classless act. But what do you expect from a man whose only redeeming value as a human being is he is an excellent football coach. The man is a complete asshat. Plus the management is just as classless, treating their players like horses at a glue factory (like the 70s era Cowboys). Players love the patriots until it comes their time to be be coldly shoved out the door. However, none of it means anything, bottomline is they are a much better team"

I love it when fans get down on there own team when they lose, thank God we don't do that here.. :rolleyes:

I thought the same at first, and most of you here saying "no big deal" would be mad as a hornet if it was us in the receiving end of that last TD. But the bottom line is that NFL games are 60 minutes long and teams like the Pats play the whole 60 minutes. They are NOT conservative. Brady throws for a first down on 3rd down with under a minute to play (I think) inside the Dallas red zone with a huge lead. It seemed unnecessary. Why not just run and kick the FG? The game is sealed anyway. Because they are the elite team in the league and they make statements. They say, "We won't quit coming at you for 60 full minutes. We don't quit playing OUR way no matter the score. We don't lay back. We don't waste time. We don't play soft--EVER. If you don't like it, then stop us." I wish our Redskins would have that mentality.

I would have liked to see the Pats kneel down on that last play. It would have shown good sportsmanship, and I know for sure Gibbs would have done it, but the Pats are out to make a statement and that they did for sure. If they beat us and the Colts I think they'll go undefeated.

I have to say it is pretty low-class. Gibbs or 99% coach would never do anything like this. I mean, 23 second left and you are up 14, why not kneel it down.

I think Billccheat is really mad at the whole spygate thing and in a pissed off mode.

Did you all forget that Phillips said they should have a black mark on their superbowls because of the cheating scandal? I'm sure normally the Pats would have taken a knee, but Belichek wanted to give it to him for that comment. :laugh:

Also, as someone else said, he wanted the Navy guy to get a TD. He could get shipped out at any time, ya know! :laugh:

I'm pissed they didn't go for 2 after the TD.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Archived